Ravi Shankar

Elton John

Elvis Costello

The Flying Burrito Brothers

Tom Waits

The Police

The Beatles

Edited by Kashmir330

I interpret all that JIMI stuff on his page as RESPECT for the man Jimi and the bro Jimi! :)......can't say much for Jimi's sister.

Rob

I just think it's a bit much when you're trying to get somewhere with your own music is all.

Does anyone remember Manfred Mann's Earthband? I saw them in Trenton NJ after the release of "Blinded by the Light" way back. Looking through my vinyl 45's the other day I find one by Manfred Mann. Doo Wah Diddy Diddy!! I cant believe he did this one!

KICK ASS BAND!!!!

I don't know, but other "famous relatives" should fit into that category like Julian Lennon just to mention one..... :blink::unsure:

Well, I'm sure there are many that are guilty of it for whatever reason but that still doesn't mean I agree with it and are gonna applaud 'em for it!

Don't get me wrong, the respect and pride for *insert relative here* isn't what I have a problem with - why would I? I'd be the same if I was in the same boat.

It's the relentless name-dropping and the sense that they're riding on the back of their sibling's fame and status that bothers me. I just can't imagine why any serious musician would want to do that.

Well, I'm sure there are many that are guilty of it for whatever reason but that still doesn't mean I agree with it and are gonna applaud 'em for it!

Don't get me wrong, the respect and pride for *insert relative here* isn't what I have a problem with - why would I? I'd be the same if I was in the same boat.

It's the relentless name-dropping and the sense that they're riding on the back of their sibling's fame and status that bothers me. I just can't imagine why any serious musician would want to do that.

I think Jimi's sister is riding "on Jimi's back" more than Leon.....:)

Ha, I didn't even know Jimi had a brother.

Look at him, the shirt, the Strat.... at least play a Les Paul or something. :rolleyes:

No, no, no......something TOO wrong here......I mean, lots of other musicians play Strats, wear Jimi gear BUT are NOT Jimi clones.....now come on...give the man a break!! :) :) :)

Edited by dragster

He put out some good stuff..."Girlfriend"..among others

Yep! Girlfriend was his commerical and critical apex, but he's continued to put out great albums...100% Fun, Blue Sky On Mars, In Reverse, Altered Beast...definitely all worth looking into if you're into hooks o' plenty!

Yep! Girlfriend was his commerical and critical apex, but he's continued to put out great albums...100% Fun, Blue Sky On Mars, In Reverse, Altered Beast...definitely all worth looking into if you're into hooks o' plenty!

I'll check these out. Don't know why I lost track of him :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is not too much traffic in this topic at the moment but nevertheless I want to take this chance to draw attention on a young band from my hometown who is standing at the edge of the ramp getting launched for the big music business at the very moment:

Let me introduce "Redhanded" from Germany with Kathrin Strieder on Bass Guitar, "Stuck" Stefanie Fuchs on Lead Guitar, Bernd McThreethousand Fröhlich (Vocals and Rhythm Guitar) and Luck Fuchs on Drums. Yeah, and the most important guitar work is in two girl's hands doing a real splendid job there!

Redhanded won many of important band contests in the last two years and I'm sure the world is going to hear from them in the future! Their brand new album is called "Closer" and I just can recommend everyone who is fond of Grunge mixed up with itching Crossover jumps and the sound of Deftones, Soundgarden, Silverchair, Nirwana, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chilly Peppers to get closer with Redhanded!

Girl's got rhythm!

Learn more about Redhanded under www.redhanded.de

bl14.jpg

band07big.jpg

How about great music from down under? I am really into The John Butler Trio and recently have checked out Xavier Rudd. They are both amazing. Xavier Rudd is basically a one man band, playing a bunch of different instruments during his performances and sometimes at the same time :o John Butler is the most underrated guitarist on the scene today. You HAVE to see him perform live (especially his instrumental "Ocean") you will be BLOWN AWAY :thumbsup:

Peace.

"Don't believe the lies, critically analyze." - John Butler

I am really into The John Butler Trio and ............ John Butler is the most underrated guitarist on the scene today. You HAVE to see him perform live (especially his instrumental "Ocean") you will be BLOWN AWAY

Listening to "Funky Tonight" in the moment and I'm really so fond of it! This is good old club stuff putting me always back on memory lane!! Great!