Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
goldenretreiver157

Bootleg releases

Recommended Posts

On 1/26/2020 at 11:08 AM, duckman said:

Just my guesstimate. On release date, Air Raid sold them at 25USD. Then there was a notification 'Evolution' being almost sold out. That was removed and the price increased to 38USD, that batch also  is sold out by now. 

New batch of "Evolution is Timing" for sale on AirRaid's site for just $ 68.- ex p&p

From Yahoo auction site (through Google translate): 

Since the end of last year, 800 sets in one month was sold out, popular commodity!
We've discovered 😂 a few inventory from the warehouse, it sends.
 
The major live concerts from 1969 to 1980 to 15 discs in high-quality sound has recorded plenty.
Since it has a shrink wrapping of factory direct, it can now be offered at low cost.
By housed in the secret sale box, it has become a beautiful box.
Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

New batch of "Evolution is Timing" for sale on AirRaid's site for just $ 68.- ex p&p

Glad I grabbed it when I did! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Glad I grabbed it when I did! 

Yes, same here... $25 was an easy choice. :) I glance at it and just smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gcczep said:

Yes, same here... $25 was an easy choice. :) I glance at it and just smile.

Yep I paid $25. Can’t really believe it was so cheap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Yep I paid $25. Can’t really believe it was so cheap 

I got mine at $38. I think I would have paid twice that, especially if it's as good as it looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miinsane1971 said:

I got mine at $38. I think I would have paid twice that, especially if it's as good as it looks. 

That is still a low price and it does not look like a budget release either... What is good is that it has tracks from L.A. 1975 soundboard. It will tide me over until it becomes part of another release or a Moonchild one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EVSD is definitely trying to make money out of this, as there is a new copy on "Evolution is Timing" aka "The Stargazer" for sale on yahoo auctions. This time it's a numbered version, limited edition just around $ 120.- ex p&p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous week I've spotted another one on an auction site here in Europe for a whopping 160 Euro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping mine will arrive this week. I don't think I've been this excited about a boot arrival in a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 2:10 AM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

EVSD is definitely trying to make money out of this, as there is a new copy on "Evolution is Timing" aka "The Stargazer" for sale on yahoo auctions. This time it's a numbered version, limited edition just around $ 120.- ex p&p

DSC02136.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gcczep said:

DSC02136.JPG

This does look really cool, but it's a hundred bucks more than "EIT" and if the music is the same, then it is just for completist sake. 

I wouldn't mind one of those EV stickers, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

This does look really cool, but it's a hundred bucks more than "EIT" and if the music is the same, then it is just for completist sake. 

I wouldn't mind one of those EV stickers, though. 

Different larger box, artwork, a sticker, looks to be a pair of leaflets...yep, same stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a complete aside, has anyone from this forum ever purchased anything from Yahoo auctions? There are a few titles that I'm interested in that are selling cheaper than on Air Raid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

As a complete aside, has anyone from this forum ever purchased anything from Yahoo auctions? There are a few titles that I'm interested in that are selling cheaper than on Air Raid. 

Sure, I'm buying there, permanently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

As a complete aside, has anyone from this forum ever purchased anything from Yahoo auctions? There are a few titles that I'm interested in that are selling cheaper than on Air Raid. 

Yes, I use the Buyee service to buy from the auction site - works fine but they declare full shipping value so for anything over $25, I generally expect to get charged VAT @ 20% plus a handling fee once it arrives in England so often there's no saving on using the regular providers who charge more but help avoid the fees.

I actually bought 2 copies of the box set talked about above, separately, and they both came in under the threshold for VAT/fees so happy days - this is when they were $25.

Sometimes there are items sold at big discounts which even with the VAT and fees paid are way way cheaper than the usual suppliers.    

Also Buyee offer registered airmail which is half the cost of EMS for small orders so this is a saving over some other suppliers and Japan Post is excellent.

Edited by jbrum77634
Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jbrum77634 said:

Yes, I use the Buyee service to buy from the auction site - works fine but they declare full shipping value so for anything over $25, I generally expect to get charged VAT @ 20% plus a handling fee once it arrives in England so often there's no saving on using the regular providers who charge more but help avoid the fees.

I actually bought 2 copies of the box set talked about above, separately, and they both came in under the threshold for VAT/fees so happy days - this is when they were $25.

Sometimes there are items sold at big discounts which even with the VAT and fees paid are way way cheaper than the usual suppliers.    

There are three items from the same seller that I'm interested in that are selling for around 40 usd each. Just wondering what it's going to cost me in total. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 2:35 PM, Miinsane1971 said:

As a complete aside, has anyone from this forum ever purchased anything from Yahoo auctions? There are a few titles that I'm interested in that are selling cheaper than on Air Raid. 

Air Raid sells on Yahoo auctions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, Miinsane1971 said:

As a complete aside, has anyone from this forum ever purchased anything from Yahoo auctions? There are a few titles that I'm interested in that are selling cheaper than on Air Raid. 

Until now I've bought 28 items via Yahoo auctions...

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-04 om 11.29.00.png

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pluribus said:

Air Raid sells on Yahoo auctions. 

My guess is as "Seastory1945" because sometimes when you buy sth a business card is enclosed with "AirRaid" on one side and "Seastory1945" on the flip side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

My guess is as "Seastory1945" because sometimes when you buy sth a business card is enclosed with "AirRaid" on one side and "Seastory1945" on the flip side.

For sure. With the discs on the blue cloth and all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

My guess is as "Seastory1945" because sometimes when you buy sth a business card is enclosed with "AirRaid" on one side and "Seastory1945" on the flip side.

I really wish he would "price match" his prices on Yahoo auctions. It would be the difference between me being able to order three titles this week instead of only two. Hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides the (IMO only small) price difference the real setback are customs. When I buy from AirRaid I've never had to pay customs. Most of the time it states  "used cd's" or "gift".

But as Yahoo Auctions is such a big organization, they have to do things by the book and thus the "custom-forms" with the actual price is on the package.

When I bought the original "Deep Throat" it costs me € 250,- & € 22,- p&p. To pick it up from the post office it sat me back another € 56,- making € 328,- in total

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-04 om 23.56.01.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...