Robert: "Out here in the perimeter, there are no stars"

Interesting If there was a woman who is Jim Morrisons soul reincarnated she would have been born possabily in March,1972---as that would be apporx. 9 months from his death,as I`ve been informed the soul would RE-enter(into a new conception) upon the 1ST individuals death---Jim died july 3,1971----so 9 months later would be close to March , 1972.......so if he`s to be looked for in another body--look for someone born near then........(I personally am not looking for any such person ,only responding to the post as recently I heard a person mention the topic.)

Who knows then again Morrison did die in Europe---Luca Turilli ?

• 1 month later...
So right before Kashmir, actually just before he mentioned the thing about the 50 countries being represented here, and this is the 51st, and right before he said there was a guy w/ a Hammer of the Gods shirt, he said

"Out here, out here in the perimeter there are no stars"

So I recognize this from a Jim Morrison poem, which was then put to music on An American Prayer by the Doors.

"Out here in the perimeter, there are no stars. Out here, we is stoned....immaculate."

Question is...does he make references to his (former) colleagues work like this often? Is there some specific relationship to Morrison or this particular work that makes this understandable?

"Forget the night,come live with us in forest's of azure

out here in the perimeter there are no stars

out here in the perimeter we is stoned...................immaculate".

"The Wasp" from the Doors Album L.A Woman,correlation unknown ? :blink::huh:

Edited by Ross62

• 5 years later...

NO WAY ! can you give us a few examples of Plant putting Morrison down ?

i really dont believe this, & WHAT book is this?

I KNOW for a FACT :

-Plant quotes Jim Morrison ALL THE TIME !

-Plant even wears the SAME NECLACE

in a ZEP CONCERT MOVIE (tsrs) that Morrison wears in his " most famose photo pose " !

im a huge Plant FAN & Plant RESPECTS Jim Morrison as if they were BOTH :

TRAVLERS OF TIME & SPACE" !

looking forward to your reply !

That's interesting because in the book I am reading now with quotes from Robert, Robert really puts down Jim Morrison.

YES ! theres a connection between KASHMIR & Jim Morrison !

Plant RESPECTS Jim Morrison as if they were BOTH :

TRAVLERS OF TIME & SPACE" !

I KNOW for a FACT :

-Plant quotes Jim Morrison ALL THE TIME !

-Plant even wears the SAME NECLACE

in a ZEP CONCERT MOVIE (tsrs) that Morrison wears in his " most famose photo pose " !

So right before Kashmir, actually just before he mentioned the thing about the 50 countries being represented here, and this is the 51st, and right before he said there was a guy w/ a Hammer of the Gods shirt, he said

"Out here, out here in the perimeter there are no stars"

So I recognize this from a Jim Morrison poem, which was then put to music on An American Prayer by the Doors.

"Out here in the perimeter, there are no stars. Out here, we is stoned....immaculate."

Question is...does he make references to his (former) colleagues work like this often? Is there some specific relationship to Morrison or this particular work that makes this understandable?

NO no , He fit the Morrison quote in ON PURPOSE & no disrespect to you BUT I AM SURE!

in several interviews & in many many concerts ,over the years ,HE QUOTES JIM MORRISON !

he does this ALL the time!

RP's quote at the O2 was just an instinctive ad lib. He started to say, "out here..." as in "out here in the crowd..." and that obviously triggered the Jim Morrison quote in his head so he went with it. Probably had a few people scratching their heads, but I guess most of the old timers in the crowd would have got it. I thought it was great, as were most of his Plantations that evening. I do think he was cut off from saying something else at the beginning of Rock And Roll. You sort of hear him start a word and then the drums kick off. Now we'll never know. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Turn this up REALLY REALLY loud, and shut the lights off, this is what would have happened if Led Zeppelin and the Doors had ever recorded stuff together:

Can you imagine a Plant/Morrison matchup with the rest of Zeppelin backing up? Just WAY WOW!! I don't think I could remain conscious for that actually...just too much creativity and hotness in one space!

• 4 years later...

THIS IS THE ANSWER U ARE LOOKING FOR:

Plant DOES slip in lil Morrison lines  QUITE OFTEN.   Even during his solo concerts . Example: In Columbus Ohio during the Band of Joy tour , about 1/2 into the show he slipped in the phrase "is everybody in" (= direct Morrison quote). He sneaks in different Morrison phrases it seems as a treat for those of us are aware he has been doing this for a long time.  So much in fact that we were anticipating it watching the 02 arena show in 2007 but sadly they chopped it out of the Celebration Day CD, however its on a Utube bootleg video & it was WONDERFUL !

On a side note:

look through older pics of plant dated shortly after Jims passing ( i believe ) & youll notice Plant is wearing the exact SAME  red & white neckalace as Morrison wears in that iconic album sleeve picture of him shirtless with his arms stretched out towards the camera. Not so much as in a way he looked up to Jim like an idol as fans do musicians etc. Sometimes do but as a  I heard Plant mention things over the years that give me the absolute impression that he looked to Jim as another member that was a part of the same musical movement at a special "space time" in history ! 

I hope this helped you visualize the real vibe of where plant is coming from, as u become aware of these special lil "inside" type gifts or nods he gives to the ones who are catching on to him. 

Not sure if he uses anyone elses terms or quotes but he DOES  utilize Jim Morrison verbage! ! 

(Pls excuse my hasty spelling)

ALSO: to who ever that was that said Plant said some negetive things re' Morrison  》U  may have miss interpeted  &  please elaborate !

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, z1inspector said:

ALSO: to who ever that was that said Plant said some negetive things re' Morrison  》U  may have miss interpeted  &  please elaborate !

See 2:30 of the interview clip below wherein Robert suggests The Lizard King (Morrision) had he lived may not have always remained special (for whatever reason).

On 6/7/2018 at 12:56 PM, SteveAJones said:

See 2:30 of the interview clip below wherein Robert suggests The Lizard King (Morrision) had he lived may not have always remained special (for whatever reason).

I think that was not as much a slight on JM as much as a clumsy attempt to set Hendrix apart from and above the general rock rabble of that time.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, z1inspector said:

to who ever that was that said Plant said some negetive things re' Morrison  》U  may have miss interpeted  &  please elaborate !

I think Robert was a Doors fan early on, but was really disillusioned after seeing them at Seattle Pop in 1969. He told Melody Maker:
'He hung on the side of the stage and nearly toppled into the audience and did all those things that I suppose were originally sexual things, but as he got fatter and dirtier and more screwed up, they became more bizarre. So it was really sickening to watch. My wife and I were there watching and we couldn't believe it.'

Jimmy was equally uncomplimentary about seeing the Doors at the Roundhouse in 1968:
'I was surprised after hearing a lot of advance publicity in England about how sexy Jim M. was. How virile and whatever. I was surprised to see how static he was live on stage.
Being dressed in black leather can only go so far but standing there like my father would on stage doesn’t really come across for me.
As far as I could see the Morrison thing is just an embarrassment towards the audience.'

Robert, at least, re-appraised Morrison many years later, apparently after Phil Johnstone kept hassling him to listen to the Doors' albums again - hence Break On Through on the '88 tour, etc.

Edited by Brigante

• 2 years later...
On 6/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, z1inspector said:

Plant DOES slip in lil Morrison lines  QUITE OFTEN.   Even during his solo concerts . Example: In Columbus Ohio during the Band of Joy tour , about 1/2 into the show he slipped in the phrase "is everybody in" (= direct Morrison quote). He sneaks in different Morrison phrases it seems as a treat for those of us are aware he has been doing this for a long time.  So much in fact that we were anticipating it watching the 02 arena show in 2007 but sadly they chopped it out of the Celebration Day CD, however its on a Utube bootleg video & it was WONDERFUL !

On a side note:

look through older pics of plant dated shortly after Jims passing ( i believe ) & youll notice Plant is wearing the exact SAME  red & white neckalace as Morrison wears in that iconic album sleeve picture of him shirtless with his arms stretched out towards the camera. Not so much as in a way he looked up to Jim like an idol as fans do musicians etc. Sometimes do but as a  I heard Plant mention things over the years that give me the absolute impression that he looked to Jim as another member that was a part of the same musical movement at a special "space time" in history ! 

I hope this helped you visualize the real vibe of where plant is coming from, as u become aware of these special lil "inside" type gifts or nods he gives to the ones who are catching on to him. 

Not sure if he uses anyone elses terms or quotes but he DOES  utilize Jim Morrison verbage! ! 

Where can I find a video or audio of Robert saying “Is everybody in?” during the Band of Joy show in Ohio?

On 6/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, z1inspector said:

On a side note:

Is Robert’s Jim Morrison quote from the Band of Joy concert on YouTube?

On 6/25/2018 at 5:53 AM, Brigante said:

I think Robert was a Doors fan early on, but was really disillusioned after seeing them at Seattle Pop in 1969. He told Melody Maker:
'He hung on the side of the stage and nearly toppled into the audience and did all those things that I suppose were originally sexual things, but as he got fatter and dirtier and more screwed up, they became more bizarre. So it was really sickening to watch. My wife and I were there watching and we couldn't believe it.'

Jimmy was equally uncomplimentary about seeing the Doors at the Roundhouse in 1968:
'I was surprised after hearing a lot of advance publicity in England about how sexy Jim M. was. How virile and whatever. I was surprised to see how static he was live on stage.
Being dressed in black leather can only go so far but standing there like my father would on stage doesn’t really come across for me.
As far as I could see the Morrison thing is just an embarrassment towards the audience.'

Robert, at least, re-appraised Morrison many years later, apparently after Phil Johnstone kept hassling him to listen to the Doors' albums again - hence Break On Through on the '88 tour, etc.

^ This

Plant was a huge Morrison fan until the Seattle Pop Show in 69' where both Zep & the Doors were on the bill. Plant was seriously looking forward to him and Maureen watching the Doors set, this was the highlight for Plant, that is how much Plant liked Morrison at that point. When Morrison pulled his drunken buffoon act its affect on Plant was the same as if we went to a Plant show and he showed up drunk, mumbling, and acting the ass. 

When Jim was somewhat sober, the Doors could put on an amazing performance (Hollywood Bowl for one) and believe it or not, one of their last gigs at Isle of Wight on Aug 30th 1970 was also very good.

I like The Doors but when I heard the  Woke up this morning and found myself dead boot it really lowered my opinion of Morrison as a singer.  All the slurring and swearing was laughable. He literally was nothing more than a drunken buffoon.  An American Prayer is probably my fav Doors album.

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2020 at 11:38 PM, Heaven11 said:

Where can I find a video or audio of Robert saying “Is everybody in?” during the Band of Joy show in Ohio?

I dont know of any1 who has that as a boot leg but Someone on this site (i cant remember who it was) can find a bootleg of just about anything Zep did & likely Plant solo also i think he said , it was some kind of underground? Type web address thats not for just everybody to know about it seemed . I pulled up the site & it WAS AMAZING & everything was shared FREE of charge at that.  This Zep site we both are members of has some majorly impressive & well connected other members THAT WILL help find it if it exists. Perhaps if u start a new thread asking for help “locating”  it he mite respond , he had recognized me from some of my threads / & or comments on here & felt i was legit or at least worthy of his assistance . He was sO knowledgable & helped me locate STH played live in cincinnati in 77 “effortlessly” !!  TRY IT!

Anyway....my girl Melanie is a huge Doors/Morrison enthusiast, she had both of us anticipating a Morrison reference  at the mentioned columbus Band of Joy performance and BANG ! there it was....  

I tell u what, i bet if u CAN FIND other solo yr Plant bootlegs you will likely find more references like this.

AND IF you do get ahold of the show in columbus I WOULD like to get (purchase or ?) a copy !!! As it was a very special moment for us both that we knew would happen. Id like for her to/im sure she would love to have >a copy 🤤!

stay in touch  please & LMK , thnx!

On 7/6/2020 at 11:56 PM, MrsDurden420 said:

Is Robert’s Jim Morrison quote from the Band of Joy concert on YouTube?

Ive never looked but as i just responded to member Heaven11 on this site , try my suggestion to him . It definitely happened  as Melanie & Myself BOTH witnessed it  however it was quick & subtle BUT it was 

WONDERFUL!

try it , good luck & dont forget (would do ?whatever?)  i would like to obtain a copy also! 🤗

so stay in touch & LMK thnx!

• 4 weeks later...

HERES another FACT that most dont know re’ the Plant & Morrison connection.

Perhaps somone on here would be so kind as to POST both photos. 

A photo of Plant during his fantasy scene? I think ? Possibly  when he sits down in the woods munching on a mushroom.

&

The famous morrison record sleeve shot of him with his arms stretched forward to the camara,

No WAIT !  

Ima go to Steve A Jones’s  Led Zep trivia thread & post the question. ☺️!

I havent spoke  to  ( i havent been bothering )  Steve in quite a while , wonder if he  still remembers me ? ? 🤔