Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

It's only temporary hate. 😄

Facebook and Instagram users in some countries will be allowed to call for violence against Russians and Russian soldiers in the context of the Ukraine invasion, after parent company Meta made a temporary change to its hate speech policy.

18 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How's that diversity and inclusion working out for ya?

Going full Doocy I see. Both of the men involved were white guys. The only diversity was one was old and thought a popcorn cup was a deadly weapon while the other was middle-aged, stupid, and rude. You know, your kind of people 🙂 

36 minutes ago, redrum said:

Facebook and Instagram users in some countries will be allowed to call for violence against Russians and Russian soldiers in the context of the Ukraine invasion, after parent company Meta made a temporary change to its hate speech policy.

WTF!!! This is not right. I don't blame the Russian soldiers any more than I blamed American soldiers who fought illegal wars in Vietnam, Iraq, & Afghanistan. I blame the ones sending them off and ordering them to kill, those are the people where blame should be laid, not the soldiers. Sure a person can argue the soldiers could refuse to fight but they are Russian with a crazy dictator in charge, most likely they would be killed for refusing to fight. 

Now I am hearing Putin may have terminal cancer and possibly Parkinson's to boot so he has nothing to lose and zero shit's given. A very bad combo if true.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Going full Doocy I see. Both of the men involved were white guys. The only diversity was one was old and thought a popcorn cup was a deadly weapon while the other was middle-aged, stupid, and rude. You know, your kind of people 🙂 

When I was a kid in SF, me and my friends used to go to the Castro Theater every Friday night. This was 10 years before the gays took over. They would still show the Movietone news and when they showed Khruschev my friend Jim yelled out: PIG!!! We both got booted out of the the theater and we didn't know what to do with ourselves after that. Maybe Zuckerberg was the usher. 😆

WTF!!! This is not right. I don't blame the Russian soldiers any more than I blamed American soldiers who fought illegal wars in Vietnam, Iraq, & Afghanistan. I blame the ones sending them off and ordering them to kill, those are the people where blame should be laid, not the soldiers. Sure a person can argue the soldiers could refuse to fight but they are Russian with a crazy dictator in charge, most likely they would be killed for refusing to fight. 

Now I am hearing Putin may have terminal cancer and possibly Parkinson's to boot so he has nothing to lose and zero shit's given. A very bad combo if true.

Only the good die young. 

49 minutes ago, redrum said:

When I was a kid in SF, me and my friends used to go to the Castro Theater every Friday night. This was 10 years before the gays took over. They would still show the Movietone news and when they showed Khruschev my friend Jim yelled out: PIG!!! We both got booted out of the the theater and we didn't know what to do with ourselves after that. Maybe Zuckerberg was the usher. 😆

Now that I call a justifiable outburst as Khrushchev was a POS as all those old Bolsheviks were. The evil midget, just like his daddy Stalin but without the balls (thank god).

You and your friend should have been given free popcorn and a movie!

Now that I call a justifiable outburst as Khrushchev was a POS as all those old Bolsheviks were. The evil midget, just like his daddy Stalin but without the balls (thank god).

You and your friend should have been given free popcorn and a movie!

😄

X-RATED MOVIE PASS.jpg

22 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How's that diversity and inclusion working out for ya?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are you not an American living in Japan? Certainly not crazy amounts of diversity. But I’m fine with the diversity in our country. I have a Hispanic little brother and sister that also have Filipino ancestry, and English, and Welsh. Are Americans not a soup kitchen of all kinds of races? And maybe I’m off base and not understanding your sarcasm? But I myself am very Caucasian and I’m okay with everyone melting together. I don’t look at race, color, religion, or anything. I would hope you are as well. 

Also, I recently got a signed Harmon Guitar that I want to send you pics of, as well as Led Zeppelin III Album signed by all members, I would like to send you the pictures of it and even though I have letters of authenticity, I would appreciate your knowledge on the subject. What is the proper place on the forum to present these pics. 

Cheers Steve. 

On 3/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, BobDobbs said:

Never liked Eminem, think his voice is extremely irritating, like a white Easy-E but without any real passion or delivery. Just word salad said with a shitty voice. That's just my opinion. When it comes to good rappers I love Snoop's laid back flow, he has an interesting voice, and he phrases his words very well. Dre is good, dude sounds like he will F you up on every tune, maybe a bit one-dimensional but still, good flow and aggressive delivery. NWA, Public Enemy, 2Pac, and of course Slick Rick, 2 $hortt, & Phife Dawg are all great. Another overrated rapper was Biggie. The guy had good flow, good beats, but I could not understand half of what the dude said, he sounded like he was rapping with one of Lil' Kim's tit's in his mouth.

Eminem...Pfffft.

I appreciate your opinion for sure. I have to say please listen to Rap God, and Godzilla from Em. They might be the best examples of Hip Hop ever. His skills are on full display, and I think if you gave each song a listen you would have a different appreciation for him. Being that I have a brother in the industry, I grew up in Hip shop crews, dance crews, party crews and gangs, he destroys it on another level. 

I’ll also find a way to put my little brothers stuff out on this forum, he makes his own beats, and his lyrical content is off the hook. Anyone who appreciates Hip Hop will be into it. 

I will say that we all have our own tastes and opinions, and I’m good with whatever people are into. But check out those two tracks and let me know how you feel after. Also get the lyrics to each of them. They are mind blowing! 

On 3/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, redrum said:

I hope it plays as it hasn't been moderated/uploaded to the site yet. I changed the octave of the reverse chords in Reaper and it gave it an 'organy sound.' A happy accident. 🙂

https://freesound.org/people/tubbers/sounds/623183/

Alright, I’m digging this. You need to put that altogether with the other tracks you have recorded. That sound like David Lynch mixed with something more evil that David Lynch. But yeah man, I like that a lot. I played a few times and that shit is scary and depending on the interpretation it is deep. It would be cool to hear it all mixed together. Great job Red! 

6 hours ago, redrum said:

This has to be a joke. Then again, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds. The Left's been poking the bear for years -- I'm rooting for Russia.

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

We didn't have these problems in the good old days.

1 hour ago, Plant77 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are you not an American living in Japan? Certainly not crazy amounts of diversity. But I’m fine with the diversity in our country. I have a Hispanic little brother and sister that also have Filipino ancestry, and English, and Welsh. Are Americans not a soup kitchen of all kinds of races? And maybe I’m off base and not understanding your sarcasm? But I myself am very Caucasian and I’m okay with everyone melting together. I don’t look at race, color, religion, or anything. I would hope you are as well. 

Also, I recently got a signed Harmon Guitar that I want to send you pics of, as well as Led Zeppelin III Album signed by all members, I would like to send you the pictures of it and even though I have letters of authenticity, I would appreciate your knowledge on the subject. What is the proper place on the forum to present these pics. 

Cheers Steve. 

People often misconstrue my criticism of diversity and inclusion as racist. However, what I'm suggesting is society functioned far better when the expectation was to assimilate as opposed to becoming militant, hyphenated Americans asserting one's place in the hierarchy of victimhood. In other words, diversity and inclusion means there is a place at the table for everyone except the host (yes, I need to trademark that line).

Japan is a homogenous society -- over 98% Japanese. Having lived for several years in both homogenous and non-homogenous societies, my preference now, as I age, is a homogenous society. The Japanese, for example, aren't spending lots of time, money and energy instituting race-based public health and employment policies, tearing down statues, and smashing store front windows over some perceived social injustice. I can agree to live and let live, and don't object to love all, serve all and so on but the fact is there are specific groups of people I do flat out avoid whenever possible and that is my right.

As for the Harmon guitar, a new thread in either Led Zeppelin Master Forum or trivia seems appropriate. There are already a number of existing autograph analysis threads if you'd just like to add them to one of those. If it's meant only for me I believe they can be sent via private message.

14 hours ago, redrum said:

Hate speech policy. So if that has a price, then what?

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This has to be a joke. Then again, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds. The Left's been poking the bear for years -- I'm rooting for Russia.

We didn't have these problems in the good old days.

People often misconstrue my criticism of diversity and inclusion as racist. However, what I'm suggesting is society functioned far better when the expectation was to assimilate as opposed to becoming militant, hyphenated Americans asserting one's place in the hierarchy of victimhood. In other words, diversity and inclusion means there is a place at the table for everyone except the host (yes, I need to trademark that line).

Japan is a homogenous society -- over 98% Japanese. Having lived for several years in both homogenous and non-homogenous societies, my preference now, as I age, is a homogenous society. The Japanese, for example, aren't spending lots of time, money and energy instituting race-based public health and employment policies, tearing down statues, and smashing store front windows over some perceived social injustice. I can agree to live and let live, and don't object to love all, serve all and so on but the fact is there are specific groups of people I do flat out avoid whenever possible and that is my right.

As for the Harmon guitar, a new thread in either Led Zeppelin Master Forum or trivia seems appropriate. There are already a number of existing autograph analysis threads if you'd just like to add them to one of those. If it's meant only for me I believe they can be sent via private message.

I think it's nothing more than a middle-aged testosterone problem.  Treatments are available!

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

People often misconstrue my criticism of diversity and inclusion as racist.

Nothing to misconstrue as that pretty much is racism right there. You claim diversity excludes or is at the expense of "the host" which I believe is a euphuism for "straight white guys." What you fail to recognize is it was those very same straight white guys who through actual law and policy, made non-whites, non-straight, and even non-males either second class citizens, or outright stripped them of all rights altogether simply based on not being straight white males.

Sorry to be the barer of the obvious, but human nature tends to work in extremes. The straight white guys put the screws to every other group in this country since day 1 and now those groups want some payback. You sowed the wind, time to reap the whirlwind. Nobody's fault but ours...get over it.

Also, regarding that non-discriminatory homogenous Japan, tell that to the Japanese born Koreans, I am sure they might have issue with your rather rose-colored views of Japanese society.

The straight white guys put the screws to every other group in this country since day 1 and now those groups want some payback. You sowed the wind, time to reap the whirlwind. Nobody's fault but ours...get over it.

Jussie set 'em straight. 😄

On 3/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, redrum said:

👍

I have a pedal made by Walrus called the 'Slo' pedal which gives some dreamy effects. Just haven't messed with it that much. He does a good review on it.

I picked one up along with Astronaut pedal, which you can’t find anymore unless you pay $250 or more and rising ...  very cool effects 

R😎

14 minutes ago, reids said:

I picked one up along with Astronaut pedal, which you can’t find anymore unless you pay $250 or more and rising ...  very cool effects 

R😎

The Walrus really is a nice pedal. I'm doing some ambient stuff right now and adding bass. I suck at guitar, but enjoy doing effects. 🙂