Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 10/29/2023 at 3:27 AM, redrum said:

very nice, so let me see if i can somehow follow the bouncing ball, Trump broke Iran with his economic sanctions, also kept  China and Russia in check by sanctions and energy independence, strong military presence, Biden does away with our energy, gives oil and economies back to Iran and Russia, Iran makes Billions as result, funnels money to Hamas, Russia invades Ukraine after watching botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, Hamas declares war on Israel, China threatens to  bomb Taiwan, and all the news agencies tell  the world its Donald Trumps fault, ok now I understand

43 years ago tonight, Led Zeppelin was scheduled to play Joe Louis Arena on the 1980 tour.  After the 1977 Silverdome show, I was so looking forward to seeing them in a more intimate setting.  I've often pondered through the years what that show would have been like on a Devil's Night in the Motor City.  Seeing Page & Plant years later in a normal arena setting at the Palace of Auburn Hills just made me ponder even more through the years what could have been.  I'll never forget pulling up to my buddy's house and him coming out the front door and handing me my ticket money back.  He looked at me so sad and said, "Well, at least we got to see them once".    The music died for me between September of 1980 and John Lennon's murder a little more than 3 months later.  It also corresponded with me turning 20, and I knew in my heart I was leaving an era behind that would never come back.  As Neil sang, "You can't be 20 on Sugar Mountain, even tho' you're leaving there too soon."

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

43 years ago tonight, Led Zeppelin was scheduled to play Joe Louis Arena on the 1980 tour.  After the 1977 Silverdome show, I was so looking forward to seeing them in a more intimate setting.  I've often pondered through the years what that show would have been like on a Devil's Night in the Motor City.  Seeing Page & Plant years later in a normal arena setting at the Palace of Auburn Hills just made me ponder even more through the years what could have been.  I'll never forget pulling up to my buddy's house and him coming out the front door and handing me my ticket money back.  He looked at me so sad and said, "Well, at least we got to see them once".    The music died for me between September of 1980 and John Lennon's murder a little more than 3 months later.  It also corresponded with me turning 20, and I knew in my heart I was leaving an era behind that would never come back.  As Neil sang, "You can't be 20 on Sugar Mountain, even tho' you're leaving there too soon."

I didn't realize Bonzo and Lennon were so close in timing , shit I still remember hearing it when of all people Cosell anounced to all watching monday night football that Lennon had been shot, hope your lions win tonight, I need Laporta to have a good game, he's my fantasy T.E. lol

18 hours ago, custard pie man said:

very nice, so let me see if i can somehow follow the bouncing ball, Trump broke Iran with his economic sanctions, also kept  China and Russia in check by sanctions and energy independence, strong military presence, Biden does away with our energy, gives oil and economies back to Iran and Russia, Iran makes Billions as result, funnels money to Hamas, Russia invades Ukraine after watching botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, Hamas declares war on Israel, China threatens to  bomb Taiwan, and all the news agencies tell  the world its Donald Trumps fault, ok now I understand

👍

Edited by redrum

9 hours ago, custard pie man said:

The only thing you're off on is that Russia was just waiting for biden to be elected so they could continue what they started under the obama admin. Ukraine would have been invaded immediately if hilary had won instead of Trump.

On 10/30/2023 at 8:13 AM, custard pie man said:

Now the odds of a 9/11 type attack have risen drastically but don't worry they have the MAGA domestic terrorist types on their radar and under investigation. And like you said if anything does happen it's Trump's fault.

24 minutes ago, cryingbluerain said:

Now the odds of a 9/11 type attack have risen drastically but don't worry they have the MAGA domestic terrorist types on their radar and under investigation. And like you said if anything does happen it's Trump's fault.

you know who's fault it really is though??  ALL THE DOPES WHO VOTED FOR  JOE BIDEN!!!!!

On 10/30/2023 at 5:13 AM, Bong-Man said:

Ain't life strange? In 1980 most Neil Young fans were in arenas. In 2023 most are in hospitals.

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Tomorrow is my 53rd Birthday. November 4th, 1970.  53 years old.

The funny thing about it is: I do not look 53.  I look about 38 years.  Even with all the Drugs I have done in My Lifetime, I have Aged very well.  53 going on 38.  Who can say the same?

Well have a happy birthday, kid. 🙂👍

2 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Jimmy played live!!!!!

It took 9 years, but he did it … 

the stones release a new rock album

plant plays stairway (first time since 02)

beatles release new song “now and then”

rock n rollers showing the younger folks how it’s done…

😎🎸👍🎶

R😎

12 hours ago, reids said:

It took 9 years, but he did it … 

the stones release a new rock album

plant plays stairway (first time since 02)

beatles release new song “now and then”

rock n rollers showing the younger folks how it’s done…

😎🎸👍🎶

R😎

Absolutely!

7 minutes ago, redrum said:

😄

This video is a microcosm for America.   Both of these people are in the wrong. She probably shouldn't have been recording him unless he was doing something unlawful (didn't look like it to me)  but that total piece of shit shouldn't be attacking women either. I'm sure he could have gotten her to leave without beating her up.  What I want to see is what happened when the police showed up to arrest him for assault.

35 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

This video is a microcosm for America.   Both of these people are in the wrong. She probably shouldn't have been recording him unless he was doing something unlawful (didn't look like it to me)  but that total piece of shit shouldn't be attacking women either. I'm sure he could have gotten her to leave without beating her up.  What I want to see is what happened when the police showed up to arrest him for assault.

If it was America no one was arrested.

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

The police in the US are like religion - when injected into any conflict/situation, it always make things worse.