2022 NFL Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, Strider said:

What a coincidence you brought up Candlestick. Today I watched the 2011 Divisional Playoff game between the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints played at The Stick on January 14, 2012. What a wild finish! 

The entire game is available to watch on youtube but the NFL won't let me post the link here.

I liked Candlestick and wish the 49ers still played there. Santa Clara is not San Francisco. It's like a team playing in San Diego and calling themselves Los Angeles...or vice versa.

The stadium has a great history, but a shit location. I liked it open like this in the early days. 

CANDLESTICK EARLY PIC.jpg

BEATLES AT THE STICK.jpg

DWIGHT CLARK.jpg

6 hours ago, Strider said:

What a coincidence you brought up Candlestick. Today I watched the 2011 Divisional Playoff game between the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints played at The Stick on January 14, 2012. What a wild finish! 

The entire game is available to watch on youtube but the NFL won't let me post the link here.

I liked Candlestick and wish the 49ers still played there. Santa Clara is not San Francisco. It's like a team playing in San Diego and calling themselves Los Angeles...or vice versa.

I remember watching that game with my youngest daughter who was a huge Saints fan, what a game, Brees did everything he could do but one thing he couldn't do all those years setting passing records was play defense!

^   ^

Dad always called it 'Briggs Stadium'.  One thing about that place, it smelled like a ballpark.  I remember sitting in the lower grandstand as a kid and looking up at the ancient light fixtures from the 20's hanging from the bottom of the upper deck from wood slats.  Piss troughs with ice too.  Never saw a football game there.  

Edited by Bong-Man

I had to watch both games tonight on tivo. First the 49ers thumping the Seahawks. No surprise there. Then, I laughed my ass off watching San Diego do their typical pratfall, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

But NBC's broadcast of the Chargers@Jax game was execrable. Al and Tony were duds, the audio was weird, and the whole broadcast felt off. What was Al even doing there? I thought he left to join Amazon with Kirk Herbstreit and Mike Tirico and Chris Collinsworth were the NBC crew?

Michaels is ready for a nap, came out of a break and saw jags receiver catch a long pass only on replay did we see the play, inexcusable, anyways great comeback and couple of thoughts, Bosa is an idiot, cost them the game  on few blunders, Petersen has  huge balls going for the 2 pt. conversion, they miss game  probably over and  last point  now theres hope for cowboys, Dak usually only has  2-3 brutal turnovers so maybe  theres a chance in Tampa 😆

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I had to watch both games tonight on tivo. First the 49ers thumping the Seahawks. No surprise there. Then, I laughed my ass off watching San Diego do their typical pratfall, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

But NBC's broadcast of the Chargers@Jax game was execrable. Al and Tony were duds, the audio was weird, and the whole broadcast felt off. What was Al even doing there? I thought he left to join Amazon with Kirk Herbstreit and Mike Tirico and Chris Collinsworth were the NBC crew?

That's why I've always had a problem with Michaels.  I do my own play by play in my mind before he even tells me what's happening.  If he's telling a story, he misses an entire play.  I'm amazed at the poor audio quality of all these football broadcasts.  The only channel that gives me normal audio is ESPN.  Everyone else sounds like I'm listening underwater.  My audio is usually set at 16-17.  For NFL broadcasts it's up to 30, and it still sounds muffled.  Then a commercial comes on and blasts me out of my chair with normal audio.    

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I fell asleep listening to those two duds. Last I remember it was 30-20, then I woke up as the field goal was kicked. 

6 hours ago, Strider said:

NBC is also showing the Ravens game tonight, so I'd guess that's where the A crew is.  Interesting that they pulled Michaels back for the game last night.  It really was an awful broadcast.  Fun game - awful broadcast.

Al and Tony were babbling so much they nearly missed calling the Jags game-winning field goal. Inexcusable. Al Michaels needs to retire more than Tom Brady.

Meanwhile...how 'bout this Bills-Dolphins game? Someone give Rick smelling salts!

Edited by Strider

10 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

was Romo the Bill Murray in the caddyshack commercial? anyways  17 catches a few bombs miami wins, and yes  4th and 1 and  coach takes 30 seconds to call a play?

Miami's coach looks like he should be working at Starbucks.

8 hours ago, redrum said:

Oh, Tom. You can do better than that. 😣

Brady is laughing his ass off, by unretiring he got rid of his wife, now he is free to go to Raiders for 1 season and reunite with his Pats offensive coach and make about  50-60 million and get to see all the ufc fights in Vegas for free 😁

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

Brady is laughing his ass off, by unretiring he got rid of his wife, now he is free to go to Raiders for 1 season and reunite with his Pats offensive coach and make about  50-60 million and get to see all the ufc fights in Vegas for free 😁

Considering his recent lack of success in crypto investing, he could probably use some free tickets to anything.

I feel for Dallas' kicker.  He's lucky it wasn't a close game.  Lol, imagine if he had to make a game winning kick of 40yards.  Last time I saw that much kicking ineptitude was in High School.  The NFL actually supports a winning playoff team getting only 5 days rest?  How absurd.