Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

My guess, and it's only that, would be that Kashmir sounded like the name of an exotic faraway place, kinda like Shangri La. Plus there are some amazing aspects of Kashmir itself (it was once called "paradise on earth") which Plant may have been thinking of, rather than the ceaseless warfare!

Edit: Also because "Morocco" didn't scan? :D

Edited by Aquamarine

Cant find this on the timeline? was it cancelled or was it not a concert???

Edit.. ok so it was cancelled is that correct?

The Florida Rock event scheduled for March 8, 1975 was cancelled. As I recall, the promoter could not come up with the money. I may have additional details on file and will post them if I do.

Edited to add: Cancelled in late February by Palm Beach International Raceway owner David Rupp when the promoter (CCC) could not provide sufficient financing to met contractural obligations (parking lot).

Edited by SteveAJones

Glicine:After reading your attachment about Robert's and Jimmy's trip to Morrocco I was suprised to see him talk of Torremolinos!! My parents lived there for 5 or 6 yrs. and I would fly from the states to visit them every year.And of course partake in the little nightlife there and up the hill!!How amazing would that have been to walk into one of the small little bars there and see Robert and Jimmy!! :o But alas my parents didn't move there until 1983 :boohoo: It's still fun to imagine though that they were indeed in that same small coastal town :) Thank you Glicine for sharing!!

Glicine:After reading your attachment about Robert's and Jimmy's trip to Morrocco I was suprised to see him talk of Torremolinos!! My parents lived there for 5 or 6 yrs. and I would fly from the states to visit them every year.And of course partake in the little nightlife there and up the hill!!How amazing would that have been to walk into one of the small little bars there and see Robert and Jimmy!! :o But alas my parents didn't move there until 1983 :boohoo: It's still fun to imagine though that they were indeed in that same small coastal town :) Thank you Glicine for sharing!!

My pleasure. :)

Anyone know who the guy in front of Robert is?19680920LZ_Copenhagen_sep_1968.jpg

SEPTEMBER 8 - REVENTLOW PARKEN, NYKOBING LOLLAND, DENMARK (SUNDAY, SHOWTIME 7pm)

Support from The Beatniks and The Ladybirds.

He appears to be a member of The Beatniks. Notice the resemblance to the painting on the door. Six o'clock position.

SEPTEMBER 8 - REVENTLOW PARKEN, NYKOBING LOLLAND, DENMARK (SUNDAY, SHOWTIME 7pm)

Support from The Beatniks and The Ladybirds.

He appears to be a member of The Beatniks. Notice the resemblance to the painting on the door. Six o'clock position.

Thank you! :slapface:

All I can say is your parents must have had a place in a slightlier classier slightly out of town area because Torremolinos has been a large tourist area since the early 70s and "small coastal town" is a bit of a romanticised image! I can identify as pals of mine had a place just outside Benidorm - similar in scale to Torremolinos, but the area their place was in was small and lovely and a million miles away from that image.

;)

http://www.stacey.peak-media.co.uk/Year9/9-8Tourism/9-8TourismSpain/torremolinos.jpg

Robert Plant Was to Appear in Johannesburg, South Africa (!) December 1, 2007

According to organiser Roddy Quin, Robert Plant was due to appear at the 46664 concert at Ellis Park in Johannesburg on December 1, 2007 but had to cancel because the Led Zeppelin reunion concert at London’s O² on November 26 was postponed to December 10 after Jimmy Page broke his finger. Additional details are being sought.

All I can say is your parents must have had a place in a slightlier classier slightly out of town area because Torremolinos has been a large tourist area since the early 70s and "small coastal town" is a bit of a romanticised image! I can identify as pals of mine had a place just outside Benidorm - similar in scale to Torremolinos, but the area their place was in was small and lovely and a million miles away from that image.

;)

http://www.stacey.pe...orremolinos.jpg

They were out of town...there was a little bar just around the corner that was so small that the flamenco dancers would sometimes be practically in your lap while you were at your table(which you shared with anyone else who came in).As I would walk the 1 and 1/2 blocks down to the beach from their place I would share the path sometimes with a goat herder and his flock.And oh yeah!...I certainly can never forget the Over crowded bus ride into town!!!OH my!.....I had Never seen ANYTHING like it!It was a rickety old bus flying around the corner that was so full people hanging on to each other and to parts of the bus just to stay on(no doors on the back half of the bus either)I thought how comical they all looked and was wishing them luck that they actually made it to their destination when I was doubly shocked when the busdriver actually stopped at our stop to ?let us on?! :o I looked at my mom in disbelief as she very calmly and matter of factly got on the front of the bus..which left no more room but for the back of the bus for me and my girlfriend to get in the back and try to squeeze in like some old rock concert to a safer place than by the door opening!The ride 2 miles into town was by far the longest bus ride I can remember which was full of surprises in itself ...which is another story!!!! :blink: (which involves a very naughty Italian man)!

Yes boss! Unbelievable - the short exchange of posts was with reference to the idea of Page and Plant being in a small coastal town when in fact they were in a large tourist area. It was relevant. BTW, you could have done that ^ by PM.

Yes boss! Unbelievable - the short exchange of posts was with reference to the idea of Page and Plant being in a small coastal town when in fact they were in a large tourist area. It was relevant. BTW, you could have done that ^ by PM.

Knebby, I'm fine with where it's at thus far, just concerned with where it's going. The next bus stop is Off Topic Land.

Ok Steve, but sometimes you come off kind of.....officious, know what I mean? Anyway, to return to the Kashmir topic, in an interview with a french magazine in 1983, Robert says this when asked about his plans for 1984

"Je vais partir au Cachemire pour la premiere fois de ma vie. Parce que lorsque j'ai ecrit la chanson je ne connaissais pas le pays. Je suis vraiment impatient et tres excite."

So he was heading to Kashmir in 84 for the first time :)I'm not absolutely certain he made it, either.

To return to the Kashmir topic, in an interview with a french magazine in 1983, Robert says this when asked about his plans for 1984

"Je vais partir au Cachemire pour la premiere fois de ma vie. Parce que lorsque j'ai ecrit la chanson je ne connaissais pas le pays. Je suis vraiment impatient et tres excite."

So he was heading to Kashmir in 84 for the first time :) I'm not absolutely certain he made it, either.

That's very interesting. I know we can't explore Maureen Plant's possible family ties to India on this board so suffice to say I'm surprised nearly a decade elapsed from the song's release until he attempted to go there himself. Then again

he was rather occupied from '75 to '84. I'm not aware of him having made it to India in 1984. I do have extensive

details on his trip to Mumbai with Jimmy in Nov '96 and will see if perhaps he made comments to the press on any

previous visits he may have made to India aside from Bombay '72.

Just for your records - here is the said French interview, complete with dodgy photo :) Sad to say I have neither the name of the mag nor the exact date but it appears he was interviewed in Manchester on his UK tour so you can easily date the interview if not the publication :) Oh and the quote was from the final paragraph. Hope it is readable.

cuttings006.jpg

cuttings005.jpg

cuttings004.jpg

Just for your records - here is the said French interview, complete with dodgy photo smile.gif

Thanks so much for these scans, Knebby! It's from Rock et Folk (Feb 1984) (France) and I have been searching for it.

This interview was conducted at one of the two Manchester Apollo gigs on December 9 & 10 1983. If someone could kindly translate the content from French to English we'll be all set. Otherwise, I will have to do it myself. Thank you!