Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

I can confirm the girl in the video is Dutch model Alice Gee, a personal friend. She was a cover model in the 1980s and tells wonderful stories of her time in the magazines and how she would end up hired for music videos. I think there was in a Rolling Stones video too, when they hired models instead of dancers.

The Mysterious Woman Featured in Robert Plant's Heaven Knows

A band member confirmed her name is Alice Gee and that she may have been a model as opposed to as an actress.

Alas, she seems to have vanished into the mists of history. I'm seeking any additional information as to how she

came to be selected for this project, examples of her other work and her whereabouts today for an interview.

AliceGee1.jpg

AliceGee2.jpg

AliceGee3.jpg

AliceGee4.jpg

AliceGee5.jpg

I'm the mystery woman. I was modelling in the 80s and got selected for the gig because I did another video for the same production company for The Firm. The song for The Firm was called All the King's Horses. I wonder if that makes me the record holder for appearances on videos for ex-Zeppelin members.

I'm the mystery woman. I was modelling in the 80s and got selected for the gig because I did another video for the same production company for The Firm. The song for The Firm was called All the King's Horses. I wonder if that makes me the record holder for appearances on videos for ex-Zeppelin members.

Alice Gee is here?!

I am now in a perfect state of happiness.

Welcome to the forum!

I can confirm the girl in the video is Dutch model Alice Gee, a personal friend. She was a cover model in the 1980s and tells wonderful stories of her time in the magazines and how she would end up hired for music videos. I think there was in a Rolling Stones video too, when they hired models instead of dancers.

Actually Darren I was fired by the Stones. My dancing was not up to scratch. In the end they scrapped all footage of the models because we kept messing up on the incredibly complicated choreography. Charlie Watts was the only one who was actually nice to me, and apologized for the crap situation.

The Robert Plant shoot was weird because the record company people had a couple of band members in the dog house regarding their appearance. One guy had not lost weight before the shoot, so they were unhappy about that. Another guy was forced to get hair extensions for the video. He had just been on a beach holiday prior to the video shoot, where laying on the hot sand caused the wax which attaches the extensions to melt. He got a lot of flak too because hair his extensions kept falling out.

That is absolutely hilarious...see what happens kids when we delve too deeply into these inner-mysteries? (You find out how the sausage gets made! Accck! :wizard:)

But yet we MUST press on to a post zep mystery....why in the world did Mssrs. Harper and Page call out Joan Bakewell as being a 'tart' within the album notes on the UK release of Jugala?

Known facts to me:

1. She was a UK TV Presenter

2. She had a fling with Harold Pinter (UK playwright)

But what's the connection to RH/JP? :sos:

How's that for mondo obscura?

That is absolutely hilarious...see what happens kids when we delve too deeply into these inner-mysteries? (You find out how the sausage gets made! Accck! :wizard:)

But yet we MUST press on to a post zep mystery....why in the world did Mssrs. Harper and Page call out Joan Bakewell as being a 'tart' within the album notes on the UK release of Jugala?

Known facts to me:

1. She was a UK TV Presenter

2. She had a fling with Harold Pinter (UK playwright)

But what's the connection to RH/JP? :sos:

How's that for mondo obscura?

Apparently, Roy had a fixation on Joan at the time. He's a thinking man, and she's his honorary tart.

"I really got to grips with a poetic treatment of where I wanted to be with regard to organised religion when I wrote ‘The Same Old Rock’ on ‘Stormcock’ in 1969. Joan Bakewell, (described at the time as ‘the thinking man’s crumpet’) reviewed it in some rag saying, “One hopes that he doesn’t believe in what he’s singing about” ! ! I thought that I had really done well, but the record met with ignorance from the record company and apathy from the critics. I was very frustrated with that at the time. Some people didn’t understand it. Most didn’t want to. -- Roy Harper

----------

1984 Cambridge Folk Festival Review by Chris Welch:

"This is 'Elizabeth', a song for peace off our LP," announced Roy and the pace began to hot up.

"Squirt in my shoes!" sang Roy enigmatically as the synthesiser reproduced the sound of nocturnal emissions. He then launched into a fantasy about TV star Joan Bakewell. "Come in Joan Bakewell" he intoned, making rude gestures. "He's nuts," claimed a vociferous fan between shouts for Jimmy.

----------

Anyway, Led who? Let's talk Alice Gee! :wub:

Edited by SteveAJones

^^^

Thank you for the link but I believe this is Plant on the show in 1981. He was also on in '78, I remember seeing a picture in an old issue of proximity - he is sitting in front of the tele when he gets a pie to the face. I can't recall ever seeing any video.

Steve, are you aware of any rehearsals with Plant, Page, Jones & friends before their RARHOF performance from January 1995?

I'm not aware of any in advance, although Page & Plant had already been working together for nearly a year. You may recall the MTV coverage which suggests they were still undecided on a set list while gathered together backstage waiting to perform.

Aerosmith got involved in November 1994 when Page & Plant's promotional duties in Buenos Aries, Argentina happened to coincide with Aerosmith's 'Get A Grip' tour of Argentina. Joe & Jimmy got together while in Buenos Aries to have lunch, during which Jimmy asked Joe if he would do their induction speech. Joe immediately agreed to do so, and ultimately he delivered it with Stephen (Tyler).

I'm not aware of any in advance, although Page & Plant had already been working together for nearly a year. You may recall the MTV coverage which suggests they were still undecided on a set list while gathered together backstage waiting to perform.

I figured that the backstage chatter with Jones waving his fingers at Page was just because the cameras were rolling and just "for show". I know Messieurs Page, Plant & Jones can improv like the best of them and the whole thing truly felt like a jam. I know I was left a little disappointed with the whole experience. Out of 7 song snippets that they played, only 2 were Zep songs and WTLB :zzz:

I figured that the backstage chatter with Jones waving his fingers at Page was just because the cameras were rolling and just "for show". I know Messieurs Page, Plant & Jones can improv like the best of them and the whole thing truly felt like a jam. I know I was left a little disappointed with the whole experience. Out of 7 song snippets that they played, only 2 were Zep songs and WTLB :zzz:

They weren't on the best of terms back then. In fact, if you remember during JPJ's speech he thanked them for finally remembering his phone number.

No one anywhere has seconded it.

I know Steve,

Anyway you are the sort of chap who likes facts; one morning I started watching Tiswas, Chris Tarrant came on wearing a ITTOD Tshirt (Paper Bag design) and said last week on the show John Bonham & Robert Plant asked a question about the band , and Chris chose the lucky winner from a piile of postcards.

Tiswas at that time was a locally networked show on a Saturday morning in the Midlands.

ATV the channel it was broadcast on may have been on strike.

As for a timeframe after Aug 11th and berfore Sept 10th the start of my school year.

Any light anyone can shed on this.... :unsure:

I know Steve,

Anyway you are the sort of chap who likes facts; one morning I started watching Tiswas, Chris Tarrant came on wearing a ITTOD Tshirt (Paper Bag design) and said last week on the show John Bonham & Robert Plant asked a question about the band , and Chris chose the lucky winner from a piile of postcards.

Tiswas at that time was a locally networked show on a Saturday morning in the Midlands.

ATV the channel it was broadcast on may have been on strike.

As for a timeframe after Aug 11th and berfore Sept 10th the start of my school year.

Any light anyone can shed on this.... :unsure:

ITTOD was released August 15,1979 and promotional duties were conducted through October. I am aware of the ITTOD promotional t-shirt that was sent out by Swan Song, and it's quite plausible Chris Tarrant would have received one and held a contest for the viewership. However, so far as I know none of the band members appeared on the show that year.

Steve,

The April 24th and 27th, 1969 (best version), intros to Killing Floor/Lemon Song have a fantastic guitar riff. I've seen it suggested that this is Muddy Water's Evil, or Smokestack Lightning...but I don't really hear the similarities. Any ideas where it comes from? And why would such a fantastic riff be dropped?...

Steve,

The April 24th and 27th, 1969 (best version), intros to Killing Floor/Lemon Song have a fantastic guitar riff. I've seen it suggested that this is Muddy Water's Evil, or Smokestack Lightning...but I don't really hear the similarities. Any ideas where it comes from? And why would such a fantastic riff be dropped?...

Actually man, I asked this in a thread a while back because i was curious too. Did some research, Howlin' Wolf did a album in the 60's remaking his own songs. Giving them a pshycadelic fell to them. That riff is in the redone version of Smokestack Lightning. Now, i'm not sure if that is where Page got it from because back then riffs repeated so much, hard telling where it came from, but note for note, that's where i found it.