Kashmir

Hots on for nowhere

The Song Remains the Same

Misty mountain hop

Encore:

Black Dog

In the Evening

Stairway to Heaven

To open with Hot Dog doesn't sit right with me. In fact the set list is somewhat disjointed. To close with Misty Mountain Hop wouldn't work either. At a push shove In The Evening as an opener

If you will, could you imagine the excitement and frenzy of waiting for the band, for them to open up with "Hot Dog" ??? No no no.

It would have been quite similar to the preceding Euro tour, along with Carouselambra definitely added, potentially Wearing and Tearing, and another early days song such as Misty Mountain or Celebration Day. Hot Dog would have been dropped. Encores would follow the Euro tour pattern. This is a realistic type of setlist. 

Is this about what we would have wanted for a setlist, or what we think would actually have been the 1980 fall US set list?

Zeppelin usually only changed a few songs between tours that were close together, so the starting point for fall 1980 would have been the Europe 80 set list with maybe a few changes.  I read somewhere that Carouselambra was being planned or at least considered.

Given the shape that Page and Bonham were in, I can't imagine there would have been a lot of change in the three months and 10 days between July 7 and Oct 17. 

4 hours ago, John M said:

Is this about what we would have wanted for a setlist, or what we think would actually have been the 1980 fall US set list?

Zeppelin usually only changed a few songs between tours that were close together, so the starting point for fall 1980 would have been the Europe 80 set list with maybe a few changes.  I read somewhere that Carouselambra was being planned or at least considered.

Given the shape that Page and Bonham were in, I can't imagine there would have been a lot of change in the three months and 10 days between July 7 and Oct 17. 

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the sanity check this thread needed. 
How I would have liked to have heard a live Carouselambra. <sigh>

6 hours ago, John M said:

My list based on what I would have liked

TSRTS

OTHAFA

TRS

The Ocean

WTLB

BIGLY

In The Light 

No Quarter (w/ In The Evening intro)

Dazed & Confused

(w/ bow solo & theremin ; jam / medley)

—Intermission —

Immigrant Song

Custard Pie

trampled under foot

The Rover

SIBLY (w/ part of I’m Gonna Crawl)

10 Years Gone

Wanton Song

IMTOD

WS/BMS (short intro)

Kashmir

Encores:

ALS

STH

Black Dog

WLL

R&R

R😎

Edited by reids

I actually know what the '80's Part One' shows were going open with, no joke:

....lights out...band takes stage in total darkness...Robert starts singing 'And If I Say  

To You Tomorrow'....as on the studio version, JP, JPJ and JB join in as he starts

second line (still no stage lighting at all)....stays that way through third and fourth

line....and right as the WIAWSNB chorus is about to kick in???.... they instead

blast into the beginning of Carouselambra, minus the opening keyboard lines

(in other words, right where Bonham and Page come in).....at that point, full

stage lighting, audience pandemonium, and they're off and running with a full version 

of Carouselambra....I thought it was an excellent idea, although studio track features one

of the all-time greatest bass tracks, which the bass pedals obviously could never have

compared to......

• 2 weeks later...