....after all, this is PRECISELY why 

Zeppelin completely stopped doing TV

less than a year into their 12 yr run....I 

thank the person who posted the official 

clip; it looks brilliant....person(s) responsible

for recording / mixing audio??? DEATH BY

ZUG ZUG!!!...unforgivable.....like listening to

Wizardo's big scary Badgeholder recording....followed by

one of those brutally flat 77 sb's......

https://youtu.be/00jt7_T5WoI?si=L-AoLPBkYVT8cqfH

17 hours ago, custard pie man said:

Did Elton blow  that kiss at Jimmy? yikes

And Jimmy blew a kiss to Bernie. So what? What's the big deal?

20231113_225251.thumb.jpg.1e458be57035c544e8b6be55ca7956bc.jpg

The fun thing about watching the whole ceremony was catching all the reaction shots from Jimmy and his lady Scarlett.

20231113_225439.thumb.jpg.85a220c17831c0a5f8466a9fb818f64a.jpg

20231113_231449.thumb.jpg.4c5c8130eead84a2f1494281308393e2.jpg

20231113_231640.thumb.jpg.851dcb27eef3f3462e8ad5bea3a9b4b5.jpg

And Little Steven and Tom Morello fan-boying over Jimmy.

20231113_232021.thumb.jpg.9a173d6681e68cc14f62983e8e4c74e3.jpg

When Plant came here to Argentina in 2015 he opened the show with Rumble (tape).

It always seemed to me that the jam he did on WLL during the Unledded tour was his adaptation of Rumble.

1:04:20

Edited by Rodrigo

I'm in the minority on this thread, so commence tossing tomatoes at me.

The whole "performance" was what, three minutes?  Rumble, if memory serves correctly, is composed mostly of three major chords.  It is not that difficult to play.

But credit to Page, he knows where his bread is buttered: his image.  Come out with the double neck strapped on, and you could pass gas for an hour and the fans would go wild.  

How I wish instead he had done something of substance at Beck's funeral concert.   I think he could have pulled off something super impressive there.

To those who loved and gushed about the performance, I say "glad you enjoyed it.  Let's hope we don't have to wait another 8 years."

11 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

The whole "performance" was what, three minutes?  Rumble, if memory serves correctly, is composed mostly of three major chords.  It is not that difficult to play.

Complexity wasn't the point, paying homage to Link Wray was and to that end he delivered a five star tribute.

Recognize and appreciate what he and his bandmates accomplished sonically on stage that night -- the TONE and DELIVERY is a mirror image of the original recording.  

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Complexity wasn't the point, paying homage to Link Wray was and to that end he delivered a five star tribute.

Recognize and appreciate what he and his bandmates accomplished sonically on stage that night -- the TONE and DELIVERY is a mirror image of the original recording.  

I agree 100%. Plus seeing Jimmy so happy and healthy fills my soul with joy.

23 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

I'm in the minority on this thread, so commence tossing tomatoes at me.

But credit to Page, he knows where his bread is buttered: his image.  Come out with the double neck strapped on, and you could pass gas for an hour and the fans would go wild.  

How I wish instead he had done something of substance at Beck's funeral concert.   I think he could have pulled off something super impressive there.

To those who loved and gushed about the performance, I say "glad you enjoyed it.  Let's hope we don't have to wait another 8 years."

I know what you mean..seeing him standing there looking still so cool and fit at 80 years old with the double neck, can only dream of him launching full gas into TSRTS .

So....  it seems that Jimmy's appearance wasn't just to honour Link Wray....

It was also an excuse to market his latest vanity project - a limited edition  recreation of one of his stage amplifiers, courtesy of Perry Margoulef and Sundragon Amps.

https://www.sundragonamps.com/

Obviously a very cool thing..... but...

Interesting to see what sort of price they'll sell for.  The first run of his little 35 watt Supro amp sold for £12,500 each...and this is a major step up from that. They're a lot of money, even for a boutique amplifier. 

Bit of a shame that he didn't do the performance simply for the love of doing it, but at least he actually did get up in public and play - something I genuinely thought we'd seen the last of. 

Edited by woz70

14 minutes ago, woz70 said:

It was also an excuse to market his latest vanity project - a limited edition  recreation of one of his stage amplifiers, courtesy of Perry Margoulef and Sundragon Amps.

Obviously a very cool thing..... but...

Interesting to see what sort of price they'll sell for.  The first run of his little 35 watt Supro amp sold for £12,500 each...and this is a major step up from that. They're a lot of money, even for a boutique amplifier. 

Bit of a shame that he didn't do the performance simply for the love of doing it, but at least he actually did get up in public and play - something I genuinely thought we'd seen the last of. 

Must be a huge price tag. You have to contact them to find out how to purchase. Sounds like one of those "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it".

25 minutes ago, zeplz71 said:

Must be a huge price tag. You have to contact them to find out how to purchase. Sounds like one of those "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it".

And this is what makes me quite sad about it. 

Jimmy's target audience for the last decade or so seems to have been rather wealthy collectors/investors, rather than the everyday people who bought and still buy his records. It all feels horribly cynical to me.

I mean.. I'd put money on the amp that he used to play 'Rumble' being specifically sold at a premium (were talking silly money now) simply because it can be sold as an amp he'd played through in a live performance.  It's not very creative, is it?

Edited by woz70

What slays me is that Jimmy is selling all these high-priced items for the collector crowd yet he won't pony up the pennies for an uncut unadulterated June 25, 1972 release. Several encores were eliminated on the first release and then the Whole Lotta Love medley was shrunk even more on the second release.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, woz70 said:

Oof.  I *hope* that the timing was merely coincidental.  It could be that they were ready to market the amps for awhile, but found out Wray was going to be inducted, so they held up the release.   I like how he says he used the amp from the first album and a lot on the second album, but again, we have Page with the doubleneck, which didn't make its appearance until after the 4th album.   Why not pose with the LP Sunburst?   A lot more pictures of JP with the Sunburst than the doubleneck.  Again, he completely understands his image and how to utilize it. 

just happy he played, went well, wondered why no Beck appearance, have no idea why  he sells this stuff must be worth couple hundred million or more, perhaps he has set up trusts for all his kids and  puts  his money there, then again its his business, his life, not ours to speculate, we all would rather see him put  new album out  or finish up Becoming Led Zeppelin for chrissakes, as far as timing would be noteworthy to know if Page was asked to induct Wray or championed for that induction and performance

2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, over 4 hours of complete footage available through 12/15! (MP4 video size 3.03 GB)

Official Video of the 2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNw3eg32-M0n6dzq9H16VGwVGN9Vtbw5/view?usp=sharing

Please refer to the following website for the order of appearances
https://www.billboard.com/photos/2023-rock-hall-induction-ceremony-photos-1235463473/

Jimmy's surprise appearance is at 2:46:20 after the start of Link Wray's introduction video, and after the performance of "Rumble," Jimmy and Elton John throw kisses to each other, which is very funny. Also, check out Bernie Taupin's appearance after Elton's congratulatory speech (from 3:06:31), showing Jimmy and his girlfriend Scarlett.

40 minutes ago, zoso_ledzep4_yy said:

2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, over 4 hours of complete footage available through 12/15! (MP4 video size 3.03 GB)

Official Video of the 2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNw3eg32-M0n6dzq9H16VGwVGN9Vtbw5/view?usp=sharing

Please refer to the following website for the order of appearances
https://www.billboard.com/photos/2023-rock-hall-induction-ceremony-photos-1235463473/

Jimmy's surprise appearance is at 2:46:20 after the start of Link Wray's introduction video, and after the performance of "Rumble," Jimmy and Elton John throw kisses to each other, which is very funny. Also, check out Bernie Taupin's appearance after Elton's congratulatory speech (from 3:06:31), showing Jimmy and his girlfriend Scarlett.

Thanks!