I Can't Quit You Babe

irg82

I Can't Quit You Babe  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Led Zeppelin I or Coda?

• Led Zeppelin I
    • Coda

Of the two I'll go for the studio version on Zep I. However, I would take most of the live versions from that 70 tour above anything. The Coda version being a sound check just lacks a little something that comes from a real live performance.

Of the two I'll go for the studio version on Zep I. However, I would take most of the live versions from that 70 tour above anything. The Coda version being a sound check just lacks a little something that comes from a real live performance.

I thought the Coda ICQYB was from the Royal Albert Hall concert? I'd pick the Coda version if it had the bit at the start that was cut. The "sometimes i get so worried, sometimes I get so blue...". I love that bit!

I thought the Coda ICQYB was from the Royal Albert Hall concert? I'd pick the Coda version if it had the bit at the start that was cut. The "sometimes i get so worried, sometimes I get so blue...". I love that bit!

It's really too bad that Pb..or Mudslide as some people know it by, didn't include ICQYB. Best version I've ever heard.

The one on Coda is that of the January 9, 1970 Royal Albert Hall show. The performance of that song that night is definitely my favorite version of it that I've heard, but it is too clean and cut short on Coda, so I'd have to go with the version that's on Led Zeppelin. It's interesting, my CD of Coda says the recording of that song is from September 1, 1970--they obviously mixed up the dates (9/1 for the UK is 1/9 for the US), but I couldn't believe it got through! I bet they're still making them that way...I only got that album two years ago.

The one on Coda is that of the January 9, 1970 Royal Albert Hall show. The performance of that song that night is definitely my favorite version of it that I've heard, but it is too clean and cut short on Coda, so I'd have to go with the version that's on Led Zeppelin. It's interesting, my CD of Coda says the recording of that song is from September 1, 1970--they obviously mixed up the dates (9/1 for the UK is 1/9 for the US), but I couldn't believe it got through! I bet they're still making them that way...I only got that album two years ago.

IT's from the sound check of RAH not the actual show

Kissy is quite right....it's an edited version of the actual performance as on the DVD.

After Heartbreaker, ICQYB is my favorite Zep tune....and as much as I LOVE the studio version, I prefer the multitudes of live ones I have. RAH being right up there !! And the Texas Pop Fest '69 too !! All those '69 live recordings kickass, newest being the recent broadcast of the Oct. 69 Paris show. Another one of my faves is from the Montreux March 7, 1970 show.

Well if i'm wrong ...I'm wrong :) The original album I have does list it as a soundcheck, but no matter, I love the live versions as well. Like you, it's one of my favorite zeppelin tunes. Wished they'd found a way to include it at 02

I was just listening to my tape of Vancouver 70 and .... man o' man what a great FN' song Even the bad quality recording couldn't get in the way...... WHOAaaaa

Well if i'm wrong ...I'm wrong :) The original album I have does list it as a soundcheck, but no matter, I love the live versions as well. Like you, it's one of my favorite zeppelin tunes. Wished they'd found a way to include it at 02

It is the RAH live version. Was cleared up a few years back that Page used it and layed down some overdubs on top of it. Same with We're Gonna Groove.

It is the RAH live version. Was cleared up a few years back that Page used it and layed down some overdubs on top of it. Same with We're Gonna Groove.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that's from the soundcheck as it's said. More than likely it's from the actual RAH performance of Jan 9, 1970. Although, it was heavily edited it's exactly the same with all of Plant's ad-libs and Jimmy's solo is note for note. Improv. parts are exact. The crowd track must have been removed from recording.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think that's from the soundcheck as it's said. More than likely it's from the actual RAH performance of Jan 9, 1970. Although, it was heavily edited it's exactly the same with all of Plant's ad-libs and Jimmy's solo is note for note. Improv. parts are exact. The crowd track must have been removed from recording.

I was corrected on that one :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coda.

I do love the other version aswell but the one on Coda..

"I can't quit you.." BASHHH!!! "babee.."

:D

admittedly there is a Bash! on LZ I as too, but it's not quite as.. Bash!-y for me. well, it's more like a Blamm! anyway.

Archived