Page: World tour to start in September?

I love how these media outlets do not listen at all to what was said. NOWHERE in his statements did he say he was or was ready to take LZ on tour. all he said is that he thought they could, but that it wouldn't happen until after Sept. if it did. and then they put it out under a sneaky headline: "Guitarist Ready To Take Band On World Tour" which is not entirely wrong, but hints at something that is definitely not true, but readers interpret as ZEP TOUR!!11!!!!1!!!!

Edited by Zephyrus

Hammer:

Thanks for the article...I'll start saving....

I wonder if he will visit Canada to promote Mothership for the benefit of his looooooong-time devoted Canadian fans? If so, he should wear gloves, boots, a scarf, hat and long johns...and bring an extra pair of gloves...gotta keep those fingers warm...

Juliet

PS I like the other article to and the pic....

From Jimmy:

Dan Sloan of Reuters reports that LED ZEPPELIN won't have another reunion session before September at the earliest, lead guitarist Jimmy Page said in Tokyo on Monday.

A successful reunion show in London in December rekindled hopes of a world tour, but Page said that singer Robert Plant's tour with U.S. country singer Alison Krauss is keeping him busy for now.

"I can assure you the amount of work that we put into the O2 (concert), for ourselves rehearsing and the staging of it, was probably what you put into a world tour," Page said.

But, "Robert Plant also had a parallel project running and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news."

Page, in Tokyo to promote a greatest hits release, painted a happy picture of the reunion.

"It was exhilarating, fantastic, every week was a week to look forward to," he said. "We did the show and it was great."

"Another Reunion Session" ..... I'm sorry, but that does not imply a "World Tour" . . .

It does imply the possibility of "another reunion session".....

But, I guess we will always see wild specualtion passed off as something newsworthy here. IE, the leading title of this Thread . . .

It is newsworthy that "another reunion ssession" could take place sometime after August . . .

Still warm enough for Wembly, or, Knebworth ? ? ?

Edited by The Rover

Sam, PLEASE bring back the slapface smiley.

I was thinking the same thing. But I'm not exactly surprised by this. You had to figure that Jimmy's comments would be misinterpreted and miscontrued. And that the same thread would be posted in many times in this forum, often in the same section. :)

Edited by myledzep

This is the kinda shit that will drive Plant away from even considering it. If people hound him the whole Krauss tour, I would say there's no chance. No disrespect to Jimmy, but didn't he do the same kinda thing when the '98 tour dissolved? He should have said We'll see after Robert's tour, and decide. Maybe the hype will help the tour though, not that it will need it......

No disrespect to Jimmy, but didn't he do the same kinda thing when the '98 tour dissolved?

Dissolved? Same kinda thing? Hardly! Robert fucked him by bailing out in December 1998,

which led to the cancellation of the Japanese leg. Just 10 months later, Jimmy was back

onstage with The Black Crowes.

Dissolved? Same kinda thing? Hardly! Robert fucked him by bailing out in December 1998,

which led to the cancellation of the Japanese leg. Just 10 months later, Jimmy was back

onstage with The Black Crowes.

I know that Robert bailed, I mean didn't he keep talking things up and nothing happened?

Most of you guys are like a group of paranoid old woman . . . quit freaking out and speculating. You act like if people even express support or hopes that Zep does a tour it will jinx the gig and Plant will bail.

Your paranoia is making this forum a unhappy place to be, and Zep music is NOT about this

CHILL OUT

“I can assure you the amount of work that we put into the O2, for ourselves rehearsing and the staging of it, was probably what you put into a world tour.”

He said that they put a lot of work in, as much as other bands do preparing for a world tour BUT he did not say they were preparing for a world tour.

However he also said:

“The band meet all the time.

“There is something in it but I can’t give you any more news at the moment.”

:D

Which means that the Zeppelin may fly again.

He however said not until Septmeber which means the rumours about Wembley, Kenbworth, Glastonbury and all the outside gigs are false.

The conference didnt really give us any more news, Page wants to tour, Plant doesnt and Jones and Bonham are cool either way. However he hinted that other things are happening which means that other things are on the horizon but not as near as was reported or as people hoped.

why has everything got to be NOW NOW NOW? Let robert do his thing if thats what he wants to do, and get it out of his system, i was at the O2 and like everyone else saw that the band have still got it in a big way and still got a lot to offer, i personally think that Robert would like to do some new Led Zeppelin material before a tour, what im really trying to say is that Led Zeppelin have still got it, they have proved it, and when and if they do more concerts we will all get to see them again sometime.

I know that Robert bailed, I mean didn't he keep talking things up and nothing happened?

No, not at all. He'd just gotten screwed. The Black Crowes couldn't get a record deal to

save their lives and their manager inquired if Jimmy'd be interested in a collaboration. It

led to a live album release in Feb 2000 which he promoted extensively. Their tour that summer was cut short on account of his back injury which sidelined him for the rest of the year. He was in no position to talk anything up at that point, and with exception of three performances between 2001-02 he was on hiatus from live performances until the 02 Arena concert.