Robert Plant Interviewed on LA Radio Station

myledzep

NOTE: Steve Zoso posted this on another LZ fan board. I thought it would be of some interest here. :) I didn't see it posted elsewhere. I'm not sure if I'm posting it in the right area. But here is the info. (thanks Steve-hope it's okay that I posted this here):

"Steve Jones (Sex Pistols guitarist) has an afternoon radio show here in LA, Indie FM.

Robert just called in and they chatted for a while. I didn't catch most of it, but it will be re-broadcast tonight at 6pm PST. You can stream it from the website. It also may be archived later on there too.

I did hear at the end of the interview, Robert talking about how great the O2 was, and that when it was done, they shook hands and said, "Well, that was great, see you later," or something to that effect. Will definitely try to catch the replay tonight."

Here's the link to the station: http://www.indie1031.com/

If it's been posted in another forum, just ignore this new one I created (I did check!)

I wasn't able to play it from the site but I was able to download it and play it.

How do you download it?

Is the interviewer kidding or does he really not have any idea of the recent work of a guest on his show?! :huh:

How do you download it?

With RealPlayer. There's a prompt from RealPlayer that will show up on the upper right of the media window that asks is you want to download what your playing. It works most of the time and it worked on this one. It downloads the whole file so it downloaded the whole show. Robert's interview starts at about 28:05 and goes through 42:30.

When I tried to play it from the site everything seemed to freeze up but no permanent damage.

Funny; I bet Jones had a real hate on for Zeppelin back in the day-the whole 'punk vs. the established rock dinosaurs thing'.....not only are those punks now dinosaurs but Jones seems to be quite friendly with Plant (besides not knowing about his new record)...

Plant sounds quite ambiguous about the future regarding Zeppelin; he makes some statements that sound absolutely like he thinks the whole thing is over but then he makes some statements that make you wonder again.

I am more inclined to think that he doesn't know himself whether he wants to do more Zeppelin or not after hearing this whereas before hearing this I was more inclined to think that he intends to do more but not talk about it until his Kraus tour has a life of its own or is over.....

With RealPlayer. There's a prompt from RealPlayer that will show up on the upper right of the media window that asks is you want to download what your playing. It works most of the time and it worked on this one. It downloads the whole file so it downloaded the whole show. Robert's interview starts at about 28:05 and goes through 42:30.

When I tried to play it from the site everything seemed to freeze up but no permanent damage.

I didn't notice a prompt from RealPlayer.

The radio station link I copied??

I hope your pc is okay.

Yes, my PC is fine, thanks m'dear. It just froze when I clicked on the link and I panicked! :lol:

I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of posting a bad link. Eye know yew!! ;)

Neither did I. It just played straight from the site...eventually.

I just now finished listening to the interview, which started about halfway through the clip. For some reason my RealPlayer froze during the process, and I can't open it at the moment. Maybe the clip activated MediaPlayer and prevented RealPlayer from accessing the file; I can never tell.

I love how Robert puts in his request and Jones doesn't immediately play it. Maybe he didn't have the album available?

BTW, I've heard Jones' show before and had no idea who he really was. He has pretty ecclectic taste. He's played plenty of classic rock, like Queen and Deep Purple. You'd never imagine he'd be into that.

What comes across in this phone call is how much Plant is a fan of music. Sometimes I think it really gets the better of him. It's almost like Robert would much rather play cover tunes of his record collection (in order to turn people onto his favorites) than be bold enough to write completely new material.

That was so cool--thanks for the link. I love listening to Robert. I've never heard Jones' show, though--he's quite fun to listen to as well.

Gosh, everybody's here this week, first Jimmy, then Robert, and apparently Ross H. is around the corner covering the Mars Volta show. And I haven't seen any of them, waaah!

What comes across in this phone call is how much Plant is a fan of music. Sometimes I think it really gets the better of him. It's almost like Robert would much rather play cover tunes of his record collection (in order to turn people onto his favorites) than be bold enough to write completely new material.

Bold enough? I don't think there are many who would call Robert Plant timid! :lol:

Rather I think (not having heard the interview as my computer seems not to want to cooperate), after all the hubub of the O2 reunion, it's no surprize Robert would rather spin a few old favorites. To be present, but at the same time, stepping back and taking a breath.

That was a very cool interview - thanks for the link. Robert is a charmer, though I'm quite discouraged about the possibility of any additional Zeppelin concerts. Mr. Plant talks about putting the thing to bed and "not wanting to get on that conveyer belt and follow the Stones around the world."

BTW, who was that old singer he was talking about - sounded like Mo Ostin, but that's the name of a prominent music executive, he was never singer. EDIT: I misunderstood. The late singer that Robert was talking about was Ral Donner. Robert was interested in leasing the rights to his music for possible re-release, but it didn't happen.

Yes, my PC is fine, thanks m'dear. It just froze when I clicked on the link and I panicked! :lol:

I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of posting a bad link. Eye know yew!! ;)

Thanks Ev! I didn't take it that way. I felt bad that it wasn't a good link I posted here. But I'm glad your pc is okay. Did you get to hear the interview? I didn't get a chance to listen. I hope it's still there.

BTW, nice to have you around again to spread words of knowledge & wisdom. :)

Archived