Pet Peeves

Hotplant

My pet peeve:

Today on the way home from work, I was driving at the speed limit, and some dumbass on a MOPED decides to pull out in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes quite hard. THEN THE DUMBASS never goes the 35 MPH speed limit.

Oh yeah, and he was wearing shorts and no helmet. Yeah...you're supposed to wear pants and long sleeves and a helmet when you ride...moped or Harley! No excuses, Senor Doofus!

I think if there was a thread called "Driving Pet Peeves" there would be a hundred pages in no time!

One of my top driving peeves: when getting on a highway, the person ahead of you on the entrance ramp doesn't accelerate up to highway speed & you're stuck behind the slow-ass, unable to get your speed up to merge properly! :rant:

My pet peeve:

Today on the way home from work, I was driving at the speed limit, and some dumbass on a MOPED decides to pull out in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes quite hard. THEN THE DUMBASS never goes the 35 MPH speed limit.

Oh yeah, and he was wearing shorts and no helmet. Yeah...you're supposed to wear pants and long sleeves and a helmet when you ride...moped or Harley! No excuses, Senor Doofus!

Dress for the crash, not the ride, right? ;)

And Lena, beer is great for your hair! :D

Beer Shampoo recipe:

Step1 the beer:

First, you will need to reduce the beer by heating it. Heat the beer in a sauce pan over medium heat until it is approximately ¼ the amount.

Step 2 Let the beer Cool:

Let the reduced beer sit in the pan to cool until it reaches a temperature that can be handled easily.

Step 3 Mix the beer into your shampoo:

Once the beer is cooled, pour it into approximately 1 cup of regular shampoo.

Step 4 Shampoo your hair:

You can use your beer shampoo to wash your hair as you normally would, rinsing well.

Step 5 Beer shampoo will add volume and body to your hair. Shampooing with beer daily is a natural way to help hair appear thicker and fuller.

Poeple with funkin' big cars who decide that it's OK to park in front of our car horizontal so we can't get out, what's worse is that it was in the middle of the road where cars are to go round searching for a place to park!!!!!!!!!!

So we had to wait about 2 hours before they arrived and they were like "oh yeah...erm...sorry bout that" I MEAN WHAT!!!

Dress for the crash, not the ride, right? ;)

And Lena, beer is great for your hair! :D

Beer Shampoo recipe:

Step1 the beer:

First, you will need to reduce the beer by heating it. Heat the beer in a sauce pan over medium heat until it is approximately ¼ the amount.

Step 2 Let the beer Cool:

Let the reduced beer sit in the pan to cool until it reaches a temperature that can be handled easily.

Step 3 Mix the beer into your shampoo:

Once the beer is cooled, pour it into approximately 1 cup of regular shampoo.

Step 4 Shampoo your hair:

You can use your beer shampoo to wash your hair as you normally would, rinsing well.

Step 5 Beer shampoo will add volume and body to your hair. Shampooing with beer daily is a natural way to help hair appear thicker and fuller.

Wow, thanks for the recipe. I'll try it. At least my hair will smell nice. :beer:

:D

Poeple with funkin' big cars who decide that it's OK to park in front of our car horizontal so we can't get out, what's worse is that it was in the middle of the road where cars are to go round searching for a place to park!!!!!!!!!!

So we had to wait about 2 hours before they arrived and they were like "oh yeah...erm...sorry bout that" I MEAN WHAT!!!

Another driving Pet Peeve, huh? I hate those idiots.

Here in Serbia, you have either this car

images.jpg

OR

1477.jpg

There was once some minister who ran over a woman (ok, his driver) on zebra and it was red for the vehicles. And he was a minister. And he didn't care. And he drove those fuc*ing jeeps.

Where do I live?

I drive a little Toyota pickup (four cylinder) because I have to haul band equipment. Please don't hate me! :D

Yeah well you have a reason for having a big car, so no I don't hate you :D it's others who buy them becuase they big and they have the money. It's poeple like that who I hate :)

Yeah well you have a reason for having a big car, so no I don't hate you :D it's others who buy them becuase they big and they have the money. It's poeple like that who I hate :)

I don't want to sound preachy, but when you hate, the only one who suffers is you. I say fuck em! ;)

If the owner really is a hockey coach, live and let live! :lol:

But if it's some single person flaunting their status, and parking with no consideration for others, then shame on them. But I wouldn't cross the line to hatred. There's enough of that. I know you're just venting frustration JAL. And I totally sympathize!

I've lived most of my life in Orange County, California. SUV central. If you bought the 6000 lb monster to haul your boat and waverunners to the river, hey fine by me. But if you drive that $50,000 Excursion to your desk job at the office, maybe you can afford a little runner, too. Know what I'm sayin? ;)

Im sure it does the job but Id never buy a 4 cylinder. My Chevy 6 cylinder has 203,000 miles on it and the engine will run forever. The damn thing would rot out before the engine dies. My biggest fear though, knock on wook, tranny. If the tranny goes, the car goes. No way am I putting $1300 into a car with that many miles.

I bought the Toyota four because of the 22R engine's reputation for running forever. At the time I also had a V8 T-bird. Guess what? Tranny! :slapface:

^geez, Ev. Your pickup IS NOT a monster truck by any means.

In IDAHO, people buy these just for shits and giggles:

Bigass trucks

They don't go up to the mountains. They don't take it off road for farming work. They don't HAUL anything in them. :rolleyes:

I want one of these for hauling my bikes, going camping, etc.:

4 RUNNER!

I would probably keep the Accord just because I don't want to spend all the $$ on gas in the SUV. ;)

We call those trucks bro-dozers around here, and it kills me because they're all just for show. Maybe an "off-roading" trip twice a year, at the most. Silly boys. Although I've seen girls with them too, so I guess I shouldn't discriminate.

Ugh, when I went to Nashville, the rental car place screwed up and so instead of a normal car, we got an H3 Hummer. I felt like such a jackass riding around in that thing, and really, they are none too great for riding around the city in, even if it's supposed to be Hummer's most city-fied vehicle. It's uncomfortable as hell, damn near as small as my Civic on the inside (no, seriously), and you can't see a thing out of the back seat. Ridiculous things... I scoff at anybody stupid enough to buy one. It's like, you ain't got that much money or you would've at least bought an H2, and you OBVIOUSLY ain't got much sense or you wouldn't have bought a Hummer at all!

I don't understand how you long-time fans could stand putting up with thirty years of illiterates misspelling the word "Zeppelin."

Even some of the import labels made that error on their singles. I'm not losing any sleep on that one. Now, call it Lead Zepplin and I come out guns-a-blazin'! :lol:

To be honest, I forgive spelling errors. No one's perfect. It's the ones that text-speak on the forum that get under my skin! I can take WTF? and IMO, but when I have to sort out "Tbh imo Jmy ws a gd nd mst btfl mn! Hs tlnts cnt b ndrstmtd". Can I buy a vowel? How much effort goes into THAT? We don't charge by the letter. :blink:

I FORGIVE MOST PEOPLE'S GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, AND I'M AN ENGLISH TEACHER!

The one thing I CANNOT stand, however, is improper use of apostrophes. I just cannot handle it. I always tell my kids, "it gives me hives."

Even as an elementary school student, misuse of apostrophes drives me crazy.

I don't say I'm perfect, however, apostrophes can give me hives. ;)

Your just frustrated by there use of... ;)

Were just going to have to work on it one child at a time. :D

And for the readers, by Rams I meant Dodge trucks. I love a good Power Wagon as much as anybody. I just didn't want to suggest Mandy has a yard full of sheep! :lol:

^ugh. Ram Chargers, Ev.

BTW---

The signs at the Honda dealership kill me!

1. "ALL HONDA'S ON SALE!" (should be "Hondas")

2. "Service and parts customer's entrance." (should be "customers' ")

(Am I the customer allowed to enter the service department through this door?)

I used our good friend Magic Sam's real first and last name as an example of adding a possessive apostrophe to the end of someone's name when their name ends in "s" in my apostrophes rant in class this summer. :lol:

I could go on, but it's nearing midnight and I'm tired.

Even some of the import labels made that error on their singles. I'm not losing any sleep on that one. Now, call it Lead Zepplin and I come out guns-a-blazin'! :lol:

To be honest, I forgive spelling errors. No one's perfect. It's the ones that text-speak on the forum that get under my skin! I can take WTF? and IMO, but when I have to sort out "Tbh imo Jmy ws a gd nd mst btfl mn! Hs tlnts cnt b ndrstmtd". Can I buy a vowel? How much effort goes into THAT? We don't charge by the letter. :blink:

Aaargh that's my worst pet peeve!! :rant: I can't stand when someone 'writes' like that.

Archived