Grammy awards

nati

What did he say actually?

Well you know that last year, Kanye was pretty upset at not winning a Grammy. Personally, I didn't think he deserved it but he sure did and he was pretty outspoken about being upset at not winning. Last night, Ringo Star presented an award to Vince Gill. When Gill took the mic, he said something like, "Wow, I just got handed a Grammy by a Beatle!" Then he looked over to Kanye and said something like, "Has that happened to you yet?" I guess meaning "you may have won a Grammy this year but I still one 'upped' you by getting mine presented to me by a Beatle." At least that was my take on it. I didn't like the way Kanye cried about it last year so I thought it was a pretty funny "dig."

My impressions from the Grammy's:

There ain't a bedroom big enough to hold Beyonce's action. God Good what a bod.

Tina Turner's still got it. She looked truly fantastic and her voice was impeccable.

Thrilling to see Sir George Martin still with us. That was the highlight of the night for me.

Ringo is Ringo and you gotta love Ringo. Still flashing peace and love to us 40 years on.

Sorry but I just don't get the Foo Fighters and I never will. Noise played in the parking lot.

Great to see JPJ! Wonder what else he'll get up to in L.A.

Amy Winehouse is hands down the world's most overated vocalist.

Kanye West is an idiot. Everytime I see him I just want to repeatedly slap him... and then kick him in the balls.

Anyway, I didn't watch the Grammys because after the Dixie Chicks won best album last year, I'd have to say it's hard to have faith in their decision-making process. Not that I ever really watched it before. :P

I'm kinda bummed I missed John Mayer's performance, but I was not going to sit through hours of Grammy nonsense just to see that. Things like that are the reason I praise the heavens for youtube. Cut out the nonsense, get to the Mayer.

I am furious! I just saw "live from the red carpet" on the E channel, and there it was the foo fighters with John Paul Jones, and the reporter (giuliana di pandi) didn't ask anything to Jonesy! I find it was very ignorant from her and disrespectful. :angry:

Jonesy will play with the foo fighters at the grammy!! :D

I can't believe that the reporter said that the Foo Fighters were the "epitome" of rock and roll. :o I know things work at a frenzied pace on the red carpet, but there had to have been someone there with half a clue that could have told that girl who the hell John Paul Jones was!

^^ Guliani DePandi gets on my nerves sometimes!! She is always gushing about alot of those no-talents in fake Hollywood and when the real deal like JPJ is around, she doesn't even acknowledge him! :thumbdown: Anyways, I just read on MSN that last nights Grammys were the third lowest rated Grammy telecast with only around 17 million viewers. Sounds like I didn't miss much afterall!

^^ Guliani DePandi gets on my nerves sometimes!! She is always gushing about alot of those no-talents in fake Hollywood and when the real deal like JPJ is around, she doesn't even acknowledge him! :thumbdown: Anyways, I just read on MSN that last nights Grammys were the third lowest rated Grammy telecast with only around 17 million viewers. Sounds like I didn't miss much afterall!

Many people spent last Sunday in front of their tv watching the Super Bowl and probably found better things to do this past weekend.

Well you know that last year, Kanye was pretty upset at not winning a Grammy. Personally, I didn't think he deserved it but he sure did and he was pretty outspoken about being upset at not winning. Last night, Ringo Star presented an award to Vince Gill. When Gill took the mic, he said something like, "Wow, I just got handed a Grammy by a Beatle!" Then he looked over to Kanye and said something like, "Has that happened to you yet?" I guess meaning "you may have won a Grammy this year but I still one 'upped' you by getting mine presented to me by a Beatle." At least that was my take on it. I didn't like the way Kanye cried about it last year so I thought it was a pretty funny "dig."

Thanks for the information so far...

Generally I have to say that I like Kanyes music, I thing he's very talented in producing beats...

I simply don't care for the rest (meaning if he's arrogant etc.) and his performance was great.

The rest of the show was really not that interesting. It would have been so cool, if Jimmy Page had joined the Foo Fighters performance B)

Good night!

I actually watched the entire Grammy's this year, something I haven't done in a long time, if ever. :lol:

There weren't really many performances that blew my mind.... except for Herbie Hancock with that classical pianist (can't think of the name) doing Rhapsody in Blue. Loved it!!! And that kid who played the Oscar Peterson song, that was amazing.

I was hoping Aretha Franklin would do a bit more than she did, I was kind of disappointed... there weren't any moments in her performance that made me go "Wow!" Too bad because I was really looking forward to her performance.

I cannot stand Kanye West... that man has a serious god complex. When he made the people stop the music during his acceptance speech? I mean yeah he did that because he was talking about his mother... but the world doesn't stop for you... and his performance was pretty bad IMO.

Beyonce and Tina Turner was pretty cool...... although for some reason I find it a bit sad Tina still comes on the Grammys to sing those same old songs.. and Beyonce's whole dancing while speaking thing before Tina came on was really..weird.

I enjoyed John Fogerty with Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard... except poor Jerry Lee, he's too old! :lol: Little Richard was really good though.

I had absolutely no idea John Paul Jones was going to be on with the Foo Fighters... it was a very nice surprise! His string arrangement for that song was very impressive... I can't believe how talented he is. I couldn't care less about the Foo Fighters, but I loved their performance because of JPJ.

Was really happy to see Album of the Year go to Herbie Hancock. As he said, its good to see the acadamy 'break the mold' a little bit and give that award to a jazz album!

I think my favourite moment of the whole evening though was the look on Amy Winehouse's face when she won for Record of the Year.... it was so sweet, I actually cried!

Oh yes the obligatory Black History Month segment.

What does that mean? I thought one of the themes of this year's Grammy's show was pairing young music stars of today with legends from the past. That they both happened to be african american was irrelevant...at least to me.

I tuned out on the Grammy's a long time ago; I rarely watch the show but I wanted to see JPJ conducting the orchestra. Unfortunately, I missed part of his performance but JPJ is a man of many talents.

I actually watched the entire Grammy's this year, something I haven't done in a long time, if ever. :lol:

There weren't really many performances that blew my mind.... except for Herbie Hancock with that classical pianist (can't think of the name) doing Rhapsody in Blue. Loved it!!! And that kid who played the Oscar Peterson song, that was amazing.

I was hoping Aretha Franklin would do a bit more than she did, I was kind of disappointed... there weren't any moments in her performance that made me go "Wow!" Too bad because I was really looking forward to her performance.

I cannot stand Kanye West... that man has a serious god complex. When he made the people stop the music during his acceptance speech? I mean yeah he did that because he was talking about his mother... but the world doesn't stop for you... and his performance was pretty bad IMO.

Beyonce and Tina Turner was pretty cool...... although for some reason I find it a bit sad Tina still comes on the Grammys to sing those same old songs.. and Beyonce's whole dancing while speaking thing before Tina came on was really..weird.

I enjoyed John Fogerty with Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard... except poor Jerry Lee, he's too old! :lol: Little Richard was really good though.

I had absolutely no idea John Paul Jones was going to be on with the Foo Fighters... it was a very nice surprise! His string arrangement for that song was very impressive... I can't believe how talented he is. I couldn't care less about the Foo Fighters, but I loved their performance because of JPJ.

Was really happy to see Album of the Year go to Herbie Hancock. As he said, its good to see the acadamy 'break the mold' a little bit and give that award to a jazz album!

I think my favourite moment of the whole evening though was the look on Amy Winehouse's face when she won for Record of the Year.... it was so sweet, I actually cried!

What a hoot, SB. That was my exact take on the show, too :) I especially agree with your observation of Kanye West...I was amazed at his gall.

What does that mean? I thought one of the themes of this year's Grammy's show was pairing young music stars of today with legends from the past. That they both happened to be african american was irrelevant...at least to me.

I'm referring to the litany of vocalists Beyone name-checked (about 12 to 15) prior to

her duet with Tina Turner. They were prominently displayed on the screens as she spoke and they were ALL black. It was a Black History Month "segment" and it's all but obligatory in today's politically-correct society.

Oh yes the obligatory Black History Month segment.

Well I never thought of it like that...

What did people think of Amy Winehouse's performance? I've been reading mixed reviews... some say it was awful but the one I'm reading now says it was good. I thought she was shaky sometimes but I was impressed that she was able to even perform at all... I thought she did well considering the circumstances, maybe that's just me!

I'm referring to the litany of vocalists Beyone name-checked (about 12 to 15) prior to

her duet with Tina Turner. They were prominently displayed on the screens as she spoke and they were ALL black. It was a Black History Month "segment" and it's all but obligatory in today's politically-correct society.

Oh.. I actually didn't notice, I just thought it was a tribute to female singers.

What a hoot, SB. That was my exact take on the show, too smile.gif I especially agree with your observation of Kanye West...I was amazed at his gall.

I've always hated Kanye West, so I guess I'm biased. Still, for some unexplainable reason, he never fails to piss me off.

Hmm..I'll have to agree w/songbird.....I didn't view it that way; that thought didn't even cross my mind when I saw it.

Wonder if that was the intent of the producer or writer who put together the segment.

Well the musicians that have influenced Beyonce happen to be Black. It has nothing to do with being politically correct IMO.

Songbird - I thought Amy's performance was good. It was really touching to see her reaction to winning. She's had a rough time of things and in addition to the fact I think she's a great talent, I'm happy to see something positive go her way.

Archived