australian fans

slave to zep

The prices for drinks at The Basement are ridiculous. Last time I was there it was $8.90 for a luke-warm stubbie of VB. Do your drinking beforehand or sneak a flask in :) And when they say "standing room", they really mean it. Be prepared to be squeezed around in a cramp space in front of the bar.

Meg

Yes, it's not a cheap venue at all - no tap beer etc

Slave and Shadowblue, I really enjoyed your company last night!

The show we went to see last night was simply great! I loved it so much. The band had different singers who were taking turns in performing the Zep tunes. They had two guitarists who did a pretty good job aside from a few initial technical difficulties at the beginning of the show.

I really enjoyed very much! They went on almost three hours, Slave and I could't stop dancing :D and Shadowblue too ;)

My favorite songs of the show: Immigrant song, Black Dog, Ramble On and In My Time of Dying (the lead guitarist performed really good on this one, IMO).

Shadowblue: it was great to meet you! You are a really nice guy. Thanks for sharing with us your fantastic experience at the London 02 concert!

Slave: it is always great to see you! :kiss: We will have to do this more often.

Reggie: shame you didn't make it! It would have been great to catch up with you again. :) Next time, make sure you buy tickets in advance! ;)

Rock on!

Slave and Shadowblue, I really enjoyed your company last night!

The show we went to see last night was simply great! I loved it so much. The band had different singers who were taking turns in performing the Zep tunes. They had two guitarists who did a pretty good job aside from a few initial technical difficulties at the beginning of the show.

I really enjoyed very much! They went on almost three hours, Slave and I could't stop dancing :D and Shadowblue too ;)

My favorite songs of the show: Immigrant song, Black Dog, Ramble On and In My Time of Dying (the lead guitarist performed really good on this one, IMO).

Shadowblue: it was great to meet you! You are a really nice guy. Thanks for sharing with us your fantastic experience at the London 02 concert!

Slave: it is always great to see you! :kiss: We will have to do this more often.

Reggie: shame you didn't make it! It would have been great to catch up with you again. :) Next time, make sure you buy tickets in advance! ;)

Rock on!

Ciao Bella,

Did they play Dazed and Confused and / or STH?

Next time we hook up it will be to see the real deal, if what has been reported in the other forum eventuates!

Ciao Bella,

Did they play Dazed and Confused and / or STH?

Next time we hook up it will be to see the real deal, if what has been reported in the other forum eventuates!

Ciao Reggie!

They played STH but not D&C :angry:

Hope we'll have the chance to see the real deal, Reggie....I pray every night for that...innocent0001.gif

The show we went to see last night was simply great!

Just wanted to echo that. It was a night of excellent music and great company (thanks slave and Amazonic :D).

Thought In My Time Of Dying was a standout and Ramble On just took me back to the O2.

Lowest point (so much that I wish they hadn't done it but I guess were always going to) was Stairway - but I wasn't so against it that I had to go outside ;)

Just a bonus that our dancing area was at ear level next to Joseph Calderazzo's amp. Might have made the sound a bit unbalanced but who could ever complain about the sweet, sweet noise of a Les Paul through a Marshall.

Girls, I felt really slack about not offering to save you the taxi fare across the Bridge, my judgement told me it really was time to bail. I had a tough time fighting off the microsleeps up the F3 as it was.

Looking forward to the next 'event' B)

Lowest point (so much that I wish they hadn't done it but I guess were always going to) was Stairway - but I wasn't so against it that I had to go outside ;)

Just a bonus that our dancing area was at ear level next to Joseph Calderazzo's amp. Might have made the sound a bit unbalanced but who could ever complain about the sweet, sweet noise of a Les Paul through a Marshall.

Looking forward to the next 'event' B)

:lol::lol: that is funny, Shadowblue. ... :lol: but it wasn't STH....it was ...(can I say it or will I get people whipping me ...) The Rain Song...hahahaaa...sorry, but I have never liked that song...

Joseph Calderazzo? Is that the name of the guitarist, Shadowblue? Well, he was really great. I am no expert but I liked his playing, it gave me emotions, as far as technique is concerned I wouldn't have a clue whether he can be considered a good player or not, but so far he was pretty good. :)

...maybe the next event might be the BIG ONE!!! ;)

Joseph Calderazzo? Is that the name of the guitarist, Shadowblue? Well, he was really great. I am no expert but I liked his playing, it gave me emotions, as far as technique is concerned I wouldn't have a clue whether he can be considered a good player or not, but so far he was pretty good. :)

From looking at their site, Calderazzo was one of the 'C's in CCE who put the show on. I thought technically he was pretty good.

I was talking to my friend Dave (ex-Baby Animals) about it yesterday and couldn't remember the other guitarists name but said I believe he was a well-respected session guitarist.

Dave: "Peter Northcote?"...Right on!

Speaking of guitarists. My favourite ever Oz guitar player, Ian Moss :D is touring soon (actually starting at The Basement). I've pencilled in Oct 16 at Wyong Leagues.

From looking at their site, Calderazzo was one of the 'C's in CCE who put the show on. I thought technically he was pretty good.

I was talking to my friend Dave (ex-Baby Animals) about it yesterday and couldn't remember the other guitarists name but said I believe he was a well-respected session guitarist.

Speaking of guitarists. My favourite ever Oz guitar player, Ian Moss :D is touring soon (actually starting at The Basement). I've pencilled in Oct 16 at Wyong Leagues.

Oh thanks for all this info, Shadowblue!

Ian Moss? I like him too! Always wanted to see him live. If he plays at the Basement, that sounds great! :D

sounds like a plan!

Ian Moss & Wendy Matthews at Blacktown Workers Sat. 01/11/08.

BTW my favourite Cold Chisel song is My Baby, kick arse riff with Ian on vocals.

great minds think alike reggie, its mine too!

my ex just sold a guitar that he reckons had a neck from one of moss's guitars, a strat.

Hi everyone my real name is John Ebejer and I just wanted to say hi.

Hi mate! Welcome! Where are you from?

I guess there isn't anyone from Perth or near then ??

I am from Sydney, Leddy. A few other members are from Sydney and surroundings too, but I am not sure if there are people from Perth! Lovely city, by the way. One of my favorite! :)

Sorry you had to ask twice before anybody listened, Leddy.

Haven't noticed anybody from Perth on here. Never been there, it's a bloody long way!

(To be honest it's the only Oz capital I haven't visited)

Funny though, I was sitting next to a bloke from Perth on the London - Singapore leg on 12/12/2007. (Expat working in UK). Nice guy - chatted the whole way. All the other seatmates were introverts!

Hi leddy,

How are you? I am from Perth.

Sorry you had to ask twice before anybody listened, Leddy.

Haven't noticed anybody from Perth on here. Never been there, it's a bloody long way!

(To be honest it's the only Oz capital I haven't visited)

Funny though, I was sitting next to a bloke from Perth on the London - Singapore leg on 12/12/2007. (Expat working in UK). Nice guy - chatted the whole way. All the other seatmates were introverts!

Hello shadowblue, Reggie, slave to zep, Amazonic and Cactus.

It has taken me this long to join in so I guess I must be an introvert. Nice to meet you all.

Hi leddy,

How are you? I am from Perth.

Hello shadowblue, Reggie, slave to zep, Amazonic and Cactus.

It has taken me this long to join in so I guess I must be an introvert. Nice to meet you all.

How are you Fortuna?

Long time no talk.

I thought about mentioning you but it wouldn't have been appropriate, glad you popped in to say hi!

No need to be shy here!

(...There you go Leddy!)

Welcome aboard Fortuna!

How are things in the (former) home town of Suze De Marchi?

Hi again shadowblue,

I have actually been a member here since November last year. So not new to the forum, just new to this thread.

Things here are fine in the singer from the Baby Animals' former town (thank goodness for Google).

Archived