Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

I've got that one on vinyl, too, but it's with the "clean" album cover. :rolleyes:

I found 1984 by Van Halen and The Madcap Laughs by Syd Barrett, both on vinyl. I'm really excited about the Barrett album! :D

Also, found Shake It Up by the Cars on cassette.

So, Blind Faith on vinyl? Wow! Sweet! :D And sorry that you have the ummm..."censored" version of the album cover! Sheesh! :wacko:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

41RKEXD331L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Used to own Richard Pryor's Greatest Hits on vinyl but since it's never been issued on CD I opted for this anthology which encompasses most (if not all) of everything that was on that record.

51C11EYQHAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41F1cS-8ekL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Limited Edition box set

Nothing post 1990:lol: Put that in your corn pipe and smoke it. the sevenites rule!!!!!!!

LOL! :lol: You sound just like my dad. He's 56 years old and he pretty much doesn't fancy anything post-1990 either! :lol:

For instance, when the last "Rolling Stones" album came out in 2005 ("A Bigger Bang"), I bought it out of curiousity and to be honest, I loved it. Given the fact that my dad loves "The Stones", I thought he'll really enjoy the album. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong! He kept giving me all kinds of lame excuses saying that he is way too busy to actually listen to it and I pretty much gave up in the end! He also told me that he wanted to remember "The Stones" for who they were! My face on hearing his reply looked like this : :blink: Hell, I don't think he will even think of checking out that new album by David Gilmour! Even if Led Zeppelin was to produce new material right now, my dad will just say no! He'll probably say "Zep died, when Bonzo died".

I also tried to get him to check out "Radio Moscow" who sound so much like Clapton and Hendrix (my dad's favourite guitarists of all time apart from Jimmy Page of course) and his reply was "Don't get me wrong, I don't want to listen to a kiddie band!". I guess he said that because Radio Moscow consists of members who are 20-somethings!

I, on the other hand, thanks to this forum, last.fm, firmly believe that there are so many amazing bands out there these days. You just have to open your heart, mind and soul and of course do a bit of running around and literally pounce on the new stuff and try your very best to stay away from the radio which is a pretty fucked up indicator of what's actually good these days! :lol: When I find amazing new stuff (especially bands in the underground scene which very few people have heard of), I feel this sense of joy and accomplishment knowing full well that I have discovered obscure and underrated gems! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Got myself another four great rhythm and blues 45's:

Ole Sonny Boy - You Better Change / Blues And Misery (Excello 1956)

Bobby Parker -

/ Steal Your Heart Away (V-Tone 1961)

Nathan McKinney -

/ Weep No More (Ray Co 1964?)

Lattimore Brown and Orchestra - Teenie Weenie / Night Time Is The Right Time (Duchess 1961)

The second disc is a previously unreleased live album that was only recently unearthed and turned over to Dylan's people. It came with the Witmark Demos as part of an exclusive deal through Amazon.

51wVyxSBvUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51MqFI8RE4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

On CD:

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Filling in some gaps in my CD collection via Amazon. Found most of these new for around $5 or less each with only a few exceptions. Some I have never owned, others are upgrades from vinyl to CD (if you can call that an "upgrade"). One, The Earl Scruggs Revue Live From Austin City Limits, is a record I've been waiting forever to be released on CD. This classic finally found a home on the Wounded Bird record label last year. As did the Del Fuegos Boston, Mass.

41AzOGgq1BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg91e41363ada0ea9639d60110.L._AA300_.jpg0990e03ae7a00f38a8832210.L._AA300_.jpg41RASJE9R2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg5193zhwMrmL._SL500_AA300_.jpge90981b0c8a0d3b9071fe110.L._AA300_.jpg515234AVPHL._SL500_AA300_.jpgb5461363ada094c67707d010.L._AA300_.jpg31KKqlycdnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51jtB5XhdAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61fCdkzeQKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

Marvin Gaye - Live in Montreux 1980

(too lazy for pictures, and it's a really lame album cover anyway...the CD's great, though! I've been watching video of it on YouTube...really want the DVD now.)

Here are my latest purchase of 45's:

Elmore James & His Broomdusters -

/ Calling all blues (Chief 1960)

Great Elmore tune recorded in 1957! B-side is incorrectly credited to Elmore James, while it's an instrumental performed by Earl Hooker, Junior Wells and band.

The Ambassadors -

/ Power of love (Reel 196?)

Can't find much info about this great early rockin' r'n'b single. It's a FAB 45 though!

Otis Rush - I can't quit you baby / Sit down baby (Cobra 1956)

Original and greatest version of I Can't Quit You Baby, also successfully covered by Led Zeppelin. It was also the first single ever released on the Cobra label.

Roscoe Gordon -

/ Goin' home (VeeJay 1959)

Great single with a tune that have been covered by many great artists.

Annisteen Allen -

/ Wheels of love (Capitol 1955)

Really funny, swingin' and cool single by underrated and forgotten r'n'b vocalist Annisteen Allen!!

The Olympics - Western movies /

(Demon 1958)

Most known for Western Movies, but my fav is the rockin' B-side!!!

The Capitols -

/ Hello stranger (Karen 1966)

Great and classic r'n'b mover!!

Emmylou Harris - Here there and everywhere / Together again (Reprise 1975)

Great single, one Beatles classic and one classic country song which Emmylou does absolutely fabulous!

Emmylou Harris -

/ One of these days (Reprise 1975)

Probably my biggest fav Emmylou song of all times, her version of Rodney Crowell's Till I Gain Control Again. Soooo beautiful!

B003VBVQKS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A great album is made even better.

Edited by Ady

I'll be buying this at the weekend.

This album has been released posthumously as Billy passed away last year before it was completed.

A truly underrated musician.

tangier.jpg

B003VBVQKS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A great album is made even better.

That is indeed a great album! I love Gettin Tighter! Damn, I love the whole album! I have You Keep On Movin' on an original 45, which is a pretty cool song too.

That is indeed a great album! I love Gettin Tighter! Damn, I love the whole album! I have You Keep On Movin' on an original 45, which is a pretty cool song too.

Yeah, it's great all the way through, very consistent. I just wish that lineup could've stayed together a bit longer and made another studio album. It's a shame some people dismiss it just because Blackmore isn't on it. Tommy Bolin was every bit as special in his own right before the drugs ruined him.

This cool jam by Paice and Bolin is one of the bonus tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BfE92tkbYk

Yeah, it's great all the way through, very consistent. I just wish that lineup could've stayed together a bit longer and made another studio album. It's a shame some people dismiss it just because Blackmore isn't on it. Tommy Bolin was every bit as special in his own right before the drugs ruined him.

This cool jam by Paice and Bolin is one of the bonus tracks.

Yes, I am with you. I really like Bolins' guitar work.

Very nice jam!! Thanks for posting!

Wow! Great purchase there Ady!! Congratulations! :thumbsup: This is my favourite album by Deep Purple followed by "Machine Head"!! B)

It's one of my favourites too, and the first DP studio album I heard back in the mid-eighties. :)

It's one of my favourites too, and the first DP studio album I heard back in the mid-eighties. :)

I heard Deep Purple for the first time in 1996. I first listened to "Deepest Purple : The Very Best of Deep Purple" (or rather, my dad made me do it, insisting that I should check these blokes out) and I loved what I heard although I couldn't understand some of the lyrics (I was just a little girl back then :lol:) and then my dad got me into albums like "Come Taste The Band", "Burn", "Machine Head" and "Deep Purple In Rock" (another album which a personal fav of mine! :wub:), all within a year! :lol: Believe me, it was one fascinating musical journey for a 9 year old girl! B)

I heard Deep Purple for the first time in 1996. I first listened to "Deepest Purple : The Very Best of Deep Purple" (or rather, my dad made me do it, insisting that I should check these blokes out) and I loved what I heard although I couldn't understand some of the lyrics (I was just a little girl back then :lol:) and then my dad got me into albums like "Come Taste The Band", "Burn", "Machine Head" and "Deep Purple In Rock" (another album which a personal fav of mine! :wub:), all within a year! :lol: Believe me, it was one fascinating musical journey for a 9 year old girl! B)

Deepest Purple was my first too. :) I borrowed and recorded that and Come Taste the Band from a school friend. Then a work mate of my Dad's lent me a load of albums including In Rock, Machine Head and Stormbringer.

Then 20 years later I discovered them all over again when they played at Live 8 and I bought virtually their entire discography on CD in about a year.

Bought these over the last couple of weeks:

Digital:

Dungen - Skit I Allt

CD:

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica

Elliott Smith - Either / Or

Elliott Smith - XO