Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jahfin

What's Your Latest Purchase?

There Will Be Blood - Jonny Greenwood

Giant Steps - John Coltrane

Live - Built To Spill

I bought the BTS album because they're coming to town end of February and I wanted to know if they can throw it down on stage. It's got a 20 minute jam session cover of Cortez The Killer... and it sounds pretty good.

Bought this today. Haven't heard it yet though. Hope it's good....

5141WM4YR0L._SS500_.jpg

My last CD purchases were

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

Disraeli Gears - Cream

Saturday Night Fever soundtrack on vinyl. :-D

We have that too! :o

How awesome are we? Seriously, we rock. :P

There Will Be Blood - Jonny Greenwood

Giant Steps - John Coltrane

Live - Built To Spill

I bought the BTS album because they're coming to town end of February and I wanted to know if they can throw it down on stage. It's got a 20 minute jam session cover of Cortez The Killer... and it sounds pretty good.

:cheer:

My mom knows the singer of BTS! He used to bartend at the bar next door to my favorite local record store! :D

We have that too! :o

How awesome are we? Seriously, we rock. :P

Of course we rock. Disco may have its detractors and I can understand it as 90% of it was producer-driven shit, but there's good music on that album.

And your signature kicks ass.

Charles Manson Sings -- Charles Manson

It's surprisingly good. Sounds like a less ostentatious (and thus more interesting) Devendra Banhart.

My mom knows the singer of BTS! He used to bartend at the bar next door to my favorite local record store! :D

I should've asked you if you had any connection with them - I hear they hail from Boise.

B00002668Z.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00008G9JN.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Please don't forget to go to work, eat, take care of yourself. Don't get too obsessed with your new purchases!! :)

Seriously, LITP contains some great stuff, Wondering Again (alternate version of Wondering Aloud), Up the Pool, Nursie, Just Trying to Be, Christmas Song.

When listening to SFTW, I can't help but think about the musical climate in 1977 (punk, punk, punk) and what Tull released that year.

Actually, a belated listing of Christmas gifts (followed by two purchases):

cover_vol15.jpg

057152589X.jpg

dylan-newport.jpg

Two very excellent finds from Yep Roc Records recent $5 sale:

31JAH6JY5TL._AA240_.jpg

18dddc37-f91a-420d-a61f-b4c7ee314321_IND_6043_634457202221.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

Please don't forget to go to work, eat, take care of yourself. Don't get too obsessed with your new purchases!! :)

Seriously, LITP contains some great stuff, Wondering Again (alternate version of Wondering Aloud), Up the Pool, Nursie, Just Trying to Be, Christmas Song.

When listening to SFTW, I can't help but think about the musical climate in 1977 (punk, punk, punk) and what Tull released that year.

Yeah, I've been listening, excellent stuff!

How is "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!"?

I was planning on getting that originally as I usually buy in chronological order, but I saw some negative reviews and saw "Songs From the Wood" for just £3.99, which I'd heard great things about.

the who sings my generation - cd

crosby,stills,nash,and young - deja vu - cd

almost famous on dvd

Edited by Kashmir330

Yeah, I've been listening, excellent stuff!

How is "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!"?

I was planning on getting that originally as I usually buy in chronological order, but I saw some negative reviews and saw "Songs From the Wood" for just £3.99, which I'd heard great things about.

TOTRNRTYTD released during 1976 in the middle of the punk thing can best be described as quirky. The title did not help the bands popularity. Three songs in particular "Bad Eyes and Loveless", "From a Dead Beat to an Old Greaser" and "Checkered Flag" are the quirkiest and are probably a big reason why those negative reviews exist. This was the first Tull release where I questioned a couple of the songs. The good news is that it has aged well. Even those three songs I mentioned soound interesting and very Tullish 30 plus years later. John Glascock (former Carmen bassist, R.I.P.) joined the band for a few releases beginning with TOTRNRTYTD. He was a welcome addition. Maddy Prior (Steeleye Span vocalist) joined in on a couple of tracks including the title song.

TOTRNRTYTD released during 1976 in the middle of the punk thing can best be described as quirky. The title did not help the bands popularity. Three songs in particular "Bad Eyes and Loveless", "From a Dead Beat to an Old Greaser" and "Checkered Flag" are the quirkiest and are probably a big reason why those negative reviews exist. This was the first Tull release where I questioned a couple of the songs. The good news is that it has aged well. Even those three songs I mentioned soound interesting and very Tullish 30 plus years later. John Glascock (former Carmen bassist, R.I.P.) joined the band for a few releases beginning with TOTRNRTYTD. He was a welcome addition. Maddy Prior (Steeleye Span vocalist) joined in on a couple of tracks including the title song.

Thanks for that, it'll be my next Tull purchase then. Thinking about it, A Passion Play had negative reviews as well and I still like that... You can't trust reviewers!

I have the album Orgasm by Head Machine from 1970, which John Glascock also plays on.