To eveyone that has not seen Zeppelin live

ally

Over the short period of time that I've been on this site, I and other's have related our live Zeppelin experiences. Most people that have not had the privilage to see Zeppelin live usually are enthusiastic about hearing us tell our "Old War Stories" However , some are less than enthused. My questions here are... Have we put the band on too much of a pedestal ? And if so , Do you think that this is affecting they're decision on touring etc ? Personally I'd have to say that they deserve the pedestal that we've put them on but I do think it's affecting any decision to get back together.

Please add your thoughts

Maybe a better way of getting my point across, would be to ask, Do you think that you are being denied a chance to see the band because we have put them on such a high pedestal ?

As you can see , I don't start too many threads :D

Maybe a better way of getting my point across, would be to ask, Do you think that you are being denied a chance to see the band because we have put them on such a high pedestal ?

I would never consider "blaming" anyone than the band for not being able to see them live, so no worries. :D

people who have seen their favourite bands live are of course very excited about that and do tend to put them on a pedestal and praise the live shows. this happens with every band and some of them still tour, some not.

of course, I can't know the reasons as to why Zeppelin has said no to touring (so far at least ;)) but I don't think fans putting them on a pedestal is one of them. or if it is, most likely not the biggest reason.

haha, I kind of lost my trail of thought there but hopefully that makes some sense. :D

I would never consider "blaming" anyone than the band for not being able to see them live, so no worries. :D

people who have seen their favourite bands live are of course very excited about that and do tend to put them on a pedestal and praise the live shows. this happens with every band and some of them still tour, some not.

of course, I can't know the reasons as to why Zeppelin has said no to touring (so far at least ;)) but I don't think fans putting them on a pedestal is one of them. or if it is, most likely not the biggest reason.

haha, I kind of lost my trail of thought there but hopefully that makes some sense. :D

It does :)

I've never seen them live.

I think the band is nostalgia-ised and certainly up on a pedestal, but that is what comes along with being living legends. Zeppelin is not just a band, they represent a time and a movement which people wish they could experience again. The thing is, they will never be the same 20 year olds they were as we remember them.

Nostalgia can be good and bad, people need to take care not to live in the past at the expense of living in the moment, and experiencing the "avant-garde" of the present.

No, that isn´t the reason :) I couldn´t see them live, because in the days of the greatest fame I was a little child and they also didn´t play in Czech republic- I don´t know about it!

In 2007 they were in London at O2 Arena and this is a little too far for me...

But if they will come one day to us, I will certainly be there (together with my younger brother, who took me into them- I hope I told it right... :D :D)

Newbie...I have never seen Zeppelin in concert. In fact I was born in the 70's so that woudl have impossible. My husband though, is 19 years older then I am and has been to a concert in the 70's...okay, he got arrested and could hear them. LOL This band has grown on me over the last 13 years that I have heard them because my husband so loves them. I am seriously anticipating a new tour because my newest life's goal is to see them, not only for me but for the hubby, who got in to see them, but never did get to stay. (My other life's goal is to see Pink Floyd, but I don't know how far that will go!)

Listen to any good bootleg and you will quickly learn they deserve to be put on that pedestal

P.S. and I have no clue what you are talking about with the negative reviews...most people on here that have seen them have said it was the best time of their life!

Listen to any good bootleg and you will quickly learn they deserve to be put on that pedestal

P.S. and I have no clue what you are talking about with the negative reviews...most people on here that have seen them have said it was the best time of their life!

I was referring to people that have not seen them.

ohh well...I am not going to complain about this...Ill just have to wait and watch someone else bring us "magic". you know, the mystical kind people speak of.

I can tell you one thing...there were bits and pieces of this so called "magic" at the 02 show.

I really got into them only a few years after they stopped. I was a teenager, and I definately felt sad about never having seen them. I'm not sure how I feel now. I don't feel jealous or left out like I did back then, but I do have a hunger for them since the 02. Though I didn't go, I have to admit that that was like one giant tease :P

It's impossible for me to imagine the postition they're in. I would think that living up to that legacy would be so daunting, but they already proved they can. Somebody here said they wished they'd seen Pink Floyd. Well I saw them in the late 80's (without RW) and it just wasn't the same band, to me. It wasn't a monumental experience or anything. I now feel lucky to have seen RP with the Honeydrippers and JP with the Firm. Those were good projects on their own.

I'm not one of those fans who feel they owe it to us, though I almost understand why people feel that way. I've felt all along that they shouldn't do it if anyone has the slightest doubt. But there's that other part of me that thinks- what the hell, life is short so go crazy and have fun while you're still standing. The excitement it would generate would be unprecedented. And their great great great grandchildren would be set for life. Not a bad deal.

I really got into them only a few years after they stopped. I was a teenager, and I definately felt sad about never having seen them. I'm not sure how I feel now. I don't feel jealous or left out like I did back then, but I do have a hunger for them since the 02. Though I didn't go, I have to admit that that was like one giant tease :P

It's impossible for me to imagine the postition they're in. I would think that living up to that legacy would be so daunting, but they already proved they can. Somebody here said they wished they'd seen Pink Floyd. Well I saw them in the late 80's (without RW) and it just wasn't the same band, to me. It wasn't a monumental experience or anything. I now feel lucky to have seen RP with the Honeydrippers and JP with the Firm. Those were good projects on their own.

I'm not one of those fans who feel they owe it to us, though I almost understand why people feel that way. I've felt all along that they shouldn't do it if anyone has the slightest doubt. But there's that other part of me that thinks- what the hell, life is short so go crazy and have fun while you're still standing. The excitement it would generate would be unprecedented. And their great great great grandchildren would be set for life. Not a bad deal.

You make some very good points. It is a daunting task to live up to that legacy. I wonder how they really feel about that

You make some very good points. It is a daunting task to live up to that legacy. I wonder how they really feel about that

I think JP was like a mother losing a child when that band ended, and has been lovingly tending every aspect of the legacy ever since. I speculate that RP is still trying to prove himself (why I don't know because nobody's been wondering about his abilities or his individuality as long as I can remember. He's all good). As far as JPJ, he could live to be 100 and still never get all the attention and respect he deserves- the man is a world class musician's musician. If he wants to do it, it doesn't seem like a crazy idea at all. And JB- now THAT is something to ponder. That's a position I truly can't imagine at all. Nobody could do it but him, that's for sure. It wouldn't be right.

God I love those guys. I don't care what they do, I just wanna hug them.

I've never seen them live.

I think the band is nostalgia-ised and certainly up on a pedestal, but that is what comes along with being living legends. Zeppelin is not just a band, they represent a time and a movement which people wish they could experience again. The thing is, they will never be the same 20 year olds they were as we remember them.

Nostalgia can be good and bad, people need to take care not to live in the past at the expense of living in the moment, and experiencing the "avant-garde" of the present.

I agree.

But is dificult when you're a person who wants to live that expirience, and now the bands are not very good. Hey... I don't say: "all the bands now are just crap"... Sigur Ros is a nice band.

I became a big 70's Rock and Roll fan this last two years. Is hard when you can't see something like that.

I agree.

But is dificult when you're a person who wants to live that expirience, and now the bands are not very good. Hey... I don't say: "all the bands now are just crap"... Sigur Ros is a nice band.

I became a big 70's Rock and Roll fan this last two years. Is hard when you can't see something like that.

It's harder to be pushing 40 and realize you spent your youth stuck in the past :( What will you tell your grandchildren? That you didn't get to see Zeppelin, or that you saw a great group from your generation that they wish THEY could have seen? :)

It's harder to be pushing 40 and realize you spent your youth stuck in the past :( What will you tell your grandchildren? That you didn't get to see Zeppelin, or that you saw a great group from your generation that they wish THEY could have seen? :)

I'll tell them that the music was really bad at the time and only immature punks like most of it. :lol:

I think JP was like a mother losing a child when that band ended, and has been lovingly tending every aspect of the legacy ever since. I speculate that RP is still trying to prove himself (why I don't know because nobody's been wondering about his abilities or his individuality as long as I can remember. He's all good). As far as JPJ, he could live to be 100 and still never get all the attention and respect he deserves- the man is a world class musician's musician. If he wants to do it, it doesn't seem like a crazy idea at all. And JB- now THAT is something to ponder. That's a position I truly can't imagine at all. Nobody could do it but him, that's for sure. It wouldn't be right.

I love this post.

I do have to wonder why JPJ doesn't get the recognition and discussion he deserves. The only thing I can think is, it's hard to "discuss" perfection. The man is perfect so often that it just becomes a given after awhile, and what are you supposed to say? "Wow that was perfect." "Yes, that was perfect." "Amazing." "Yes, amazing." "Can you believe how perfect that was?" "Yes, that was perfect." "Amazing." And so on. :D

But im 20

I know what you mean. Personally , I think that they could still be very viable. Not just living on former glory but there would have to be a real willingness to do it. I'm not sure if there is enough gas in the tank.

I'll tell them that the music was really bad at the time and only immature punks like most of it. :lol:

I felt just like you do, only back in the 80's. Know what? I missed a lot of good music that I'm only starting to appreciate now! My kid's gonna be 16 this summer, and she's into a pretty good mix of old and new. I'm glad about that. I took her to see Green Day a couple of years ago. I thought "American Idiot" was a classic the first time I heard it.

I love this post.

I do have to wonder why JPJ doesn't get the recognition and discussion he deserves. The only thing I can think is, it's hard to "discuss" perfection. The man is perfect so often that it just becomes a given after awhile, and what are you supposed to say? "Wow that was perfect." "Yes, that was perfect." "Amazing." "Yes, amazing." "Can you believe how perfect that was?" "Yes, that was perfect." "Amazing." And so on. :D

That's why I love hearing crazy stories about him, like the recent one from Jason- it turns out it was Jonesy (not Bonzo) who tore up the hotel room with a samuri sword. He put the sword in Bonzo's hand while he was sleeping and left!

JPJ :wub:

I know what you mean. Personally , I think that they could still be very viable. Not just living on former glory but there would have to be a real willingness to do it. I'm not sure if there is enough gas in the tank.

A somewhat recent discovery of mine: You'd be AMAZED at how much gas can be in the tank of a 60 year old.

never saw zeppelin live-seen jimmy page outrider tour in the 80s and that kicked ass.if you didnt see them before sep.24,1980 you want ever see them live.bonzo was not just some faceless drummer,he helped shape the band just as much as the others.i hope they tour and i hope i get to see them,but i will never get to see the real LED ZEPPELIN. if something happend to robert or jimmy and they got replaced what would your thoughts be ?

Archived