Gas Prices and new technology

Now and Zen

Ventura Fetish

fetish_1_cw_59.jpg

2 years back at the Paris Motor Show, Venturi Fetish was an ordinary name though it augmented the reputation of electrically operated vehicles. 2 years hence, Fetish is not only causing astir at the same venue, it has enhanced the very �name� of its maker Venturi , which is know being respected as one of the most accomplished technological companies in the world, in terms of mobility .

Venturi has gone ahead and introduced the production version of Fetish, which is the most successful, and safest electric car ever produced. It is powered by 31 batteries, which provides the main motor with 241 horsepower and 162-lb-ft of Torque. Fetish does 0-60 mph under 5 seconds with a top speed of 99 mph.

This two seater only measures 3.89 meters lengthwise and weighs 2160 pounds. The maximum range of this is car 250 kilometers, which drops down to 160 km if severely pelted.

Apart from the one pictured, Fetis also comes in a white color scheme

<edit>

Update:

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3889/

583000 USD

>>

But currently the eCars are popular because they are under 10k...

New technology:

Feet.

Bicycles.

Yesterday, which was an absolutely heavenly day, I went out, took a bus to a store I like, walked part way because it was just so beautiful. And I noticed a huge increase in bike riders. Every single bike rack I saw were filled. I SHOULD get a bike for my lousy knees exersize. I want an old fashioned one though, with the chrome wheel covers like I had and polished faithfully as a kid. And peddle brakes. I don't like hand brakes, they wear out to fast and can fail easily.

Today is JUST as gorgeous, and I do believe it's time I get my butt out there and enjoy it.

Perfect high 70's with a breeze............heaven........ :yay:

I used to look forward to getting my car, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it. I want an old VW Bug, I think they get around 28 miles per gallon. Is that good? I try to walk more places or ride my bike, so my parents don't have to take me. It's just even though I live in a small town it's really spread out.

New technology:

Feet.

Bicycles.

Yesterday, which was an absolutely heavenly day, I went out, took a bus to a store I like, walked part way because it was just so beautiful. And I noticed a huge increase in bike riders. Every single bike rack I saw were filled. I SHOULD get a bike for my lousy knees exersize. I want an old fashioned one though, with the chrome wheel covers like I had and polished faithfully as a kid. And peddle brakes. I don't like hand brakes, they wear out to fast and can fail easily.

Today is JUST as gorgeous, and I do believe it's time I get my butt out there and enjoy it.

Perfect high 70's with a breeze............heaven........ :yay:

Now I know where I saw you. Please don't let us slow you and your "new technology," down while your shopping for frozen foods and saving on petroleum.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

62053954_241bcb3649_o.jpg

Oh yeah, don't forget rope you pull baby in wagon on :hysterical: :hysterical:

I love walking or I put my suction cups on my feet and get in the back window.

You earn $6,000 a year??

I cleared 6 grand last month. and it was only 40hr weeks. School is tuff.

Has anybody brought up this point. What Politician wants the gas to go down. Isn't the gas tax based on a percentage. Wouldn't with gas prices a 4 dollars a gal, better for them since they can spend more money on there earmarks.

Well i found out in Illinois that its 18.4 per gallon federal flat tax, 19 cent flat state tax and plus 6.25% sales tax and other local sales tax

for a grand total of about 55 cents for a gallon of gas.

Oil companies, i have been told, makes 4 cents in profit and and gas stations make 6 cents for every gallon sold.

So maybe The federal level, they should not care, but maybe there is state pressure.

I work in the oil industry, not all the time. I do know that they are spending more on their infrastructure than ever before. There is talk about putting a profit cap on the oil companies. wouldn't the oil companies pass any tax they get on to the consumer? the airlines do it. When they get fined, they pass it along.

Th climate control bill that died, im still unsure about, I hate how it is so fucking large (takes 10hr to read aloud) but it covers so much. But the bill did say 1,400 nukes power plants can be built and i thnk that is very good. If they can just trim it a little bit.

I had to ride the Boise city bus when I was in jr. high. It was scary.

One thing I will NEVER forget is the time I got on the bus, (I rode it every day after school to get home), and this crazy cross-eyed guy who usually sat next to this woman who was about 400 lbs started babbling about some weird things. We passed a Sun Valley billboard, and even though he was sitting by himself, he said, "we should go check out Sun Valley sometime. We could have a lot of fun playing in the snow at the resort."

In short, the guy scared the shit out of me. I was like 12 or 13, riding what I had dubbed "the freak show," and I was sitting there, hugging my viola case and I always put my backpack on the seat next to me.

When my stop came, I calmly pulled the chain and got up to go to my tranfer site. I was scared shitless because this guy was still babbling on and on...and then he said, "well, I'll talk to you later!" As I walked away.

I felt really bad. He was talking to me the entire time! I had NO clue!

Poor guy. I guess we really weren't strangers--I rode that bus every day after school and he was ALWAYS on it...almost everyone on the bus at that time of day was a regular rider...

So Joel was trolling for chicks in Boise at the time, eh?

http://www.ktvb.com/news/business/stories/...d.202e76de.html

Toyota is promising a plug-in hybrid by 2010. I'd buy one if it's not too much more money than similar cars.

I think we need an electric for local and a petrol/hybrid for long distance. That would be ideal. I've been having a good look at these 50cc scooters for local. Bloody things are everywhere here nowadays. Probably settle on a new Subaru though :)

• 2 weeks later...
Its $4.19 a gallon in much of NY state. The local gas station's price's are going up at a rate of about 3 cents a day. And it appears there is non end in sight. During an election it seems it will be worse as they are more focused on the battle to win the white house rather than the issuues at hand. I fear it will be over $5 here by winter. This is going to lead to some criminal activity as well. People stealing gas. When in Florida there was a ring that would block the attendant's view of the pump with a large truck and somehow they had a way to activate the pumps, former employee's or something. Or maybe they had stolen credit cards? They were caught, but Im sure more of this is due to happen.

Sad to say, but very soon it will cost that in America too :(

Archived