Page/Plant Tea For One

I still don't get why they didn't play this song in 1977. I think it was a better fit for their shows and SIBLY is a great song but TFO had a chance to take over as one just as good if it was shown. The P&P shows show this IMO.

• 2 months later...
I have to bump this. It's just too damn good to go away.

thanks for the bump....i played it again today. the shows i saw on this tour and in '98 look like they are going to be as close as we get. and as time passes, i appreciate the chemistry even more when i see things like this...

However it does not have the true feel of Led Zeppelin

:wtf:

One of their best ever!

The riff intro is very much Zeppelin and for the novice is a red herring for what is to come!

Lately I've been playing Presence on high rotation in my car's cassette player (my cd player shit itself damn it!) and every time I hear T41 it's like it's the for the first time.

BTW I've been playing and listening to it on vinyl, 8 track, cassette, and cd for about 32 years and yes, there is life after Stairway To Heaven.

Maybe if you listen to more than just Stairway, there is hope that you will eventually "get it".

No offense intended.

I don't see how you can say it's not a true Zeppelin feel. It is the guys that basically created Zeppelin. They know what a Zeppelin feel is more than any fan ever will.

It has the feel alright. Would love to have seen and or heard a live version with Bonzo and Jonesy but, I'm affraid this is as close as we'll get. Thanks for posting it

I don't see how you can say it's not a true Zeppelin feel. It is the guys that basically created Zeppelin. They know what a Zeppelin feel is more than any fan ever will.

plant's trying to feel it....he's having fun watching the rest of the band try to catch it and hang.

this is jimmy page going for it! i love to watch him, especially when he takes a song that has strong reinforced overdubs on the studio version and breaks it down to the essential....

this clip just reminds me of the power....and the passion.

"plant's trying to feel it...."...but he's just not..

Compare that or anything from the O2 with this:

Now on THAt clip, you see a Plant having a whale of a time, totally into what he's doing.

sorry, gazz. notice my avatar? i love robert plant but i worship at the altar of PAGE....

edit to add: great tipitina clip, though. if any of you roll through the deep south, where a bunch of us regulars hang, stop in NOLA and hit tipitinas'...

Archived