Jason bonham

sweetjellyroll

its going to be a walk in the park for JB Junior. i've never seen him live but have got everything he has released from bonham, the jason bonham band, motherland and healing sixes. he is an outstanding drummer and i dont think it would have been right for anyone else to do it.

As the remaining members said back on that sad day on 4th dec 1980 they just couldnt see themselves go on without John bonham, and as robert plant said recently about jason taking up the drum duities 'Keep it in the family' go for it jason, i know your dad is looking down on you, proud!! RIP John Bonham

Jason is among the best old school drummers out there ... he has his own thing going too. He is in direct line with his father's style ... but he is not his dad, so things won't be "clone" like either.

BTW - I recommand the "Mad Hatter" album from his old band "Bonham".

He is good and should do it for his dad but i think Dave Grohl would have sounded better with Led Zeppelin

wrong, wrong,wrong. this is the closest your ever gonna get to a full on led zep reunion with jason on drums. there is no one else on earth who should have been asked to fill the drum stool. i agree Dave G is a good drummer, but as plant said 'Keep it in the family'

He had the greatest teacher ever. :rolleyes:

i saw an interview with Jason recently, i think its off the bonus DVD from the UFO live concert thing he done, and he was saying that he cant recall his father ever teaching him when he was younger.

he didnt start back into drumming until after JB passed away because he was into the motorcross racing, which his father supported and sponsored jason and his team

Yeah, but there's footage in TSRTS that clearly show Jason as a child playing drums and Bonzo joined him and played a bit with him. And back when MTV was actually useful, they had a Led Zeppelin weekend once and they had a bit where Jason talked about Bonzo teaching him how to play and how Bonzo would do it.

He's been waiting his whole life for this night. He will do his Father proud.

I don't believe he's been waiting his whole life for this particular gig because he's played with them before. I saw him with Zep the first time he played with them back in 1988. He was more prepared than the others, so I din't think he'll have any problems.

Page and Plant are the ones I'm worried about

I don't believe he's been waiting his whole life for this particular gig because he's played with them before. I saw him with Zep the first time he played with them back in 1988. He was more prepared than the others, so I din't think he'll have any problems.

Page and Plant are the ones I'm worried about

Yeah, that gig showed Jason as a young and (over?) eager drummer, possibly carried away with the entirety of the gig (who wouldn't be?). So now he has a wealth of life experience that I believe Zep's music needs that and will blossom with it.

Bonzo played so many gigs to get to the level of their live communication together, Jason has really only 1 gig - an Atlantic Celebration - I have seen various pics of them playing at parties etc. Any one who has ever played will know that it takes a while to perform together before the magic happens (thats why Zep had their warm-up shows....maybe they might sneak into a pub somewhere one night and give it a go!!!)

Ah. Jason Bonham.

The "not dave grohl" of the zeppelin reunion. At this point it seems as if more of the internet would prefer Grohl to JOHN bonham at the zeppelin reunion.

Jason Bonham is probably the 2nd best drummer i have seen live in terms of raw power and groove. Neal Peart being the 1st of course. (this includes other well respected modern drummers- by some at least- like Lars Ulrich, Carter Beauford, Matt Cameron, Jeremy Taggert, and danny carey)

I was fortunate enough to see the Jason Bonham Band live twice, and got to witness him cover a lot of the led zeppelin songs that made his father famous, and can say without a shred of doubt that he will be able to handle these songs live.

i saw an interview with Jason recently, i think its off the bonus DVD from the UFO live concert thing he done, and he was saying that he cant recall his father ever teaching him when he was younger.

he didnt start back into drumming until after JB passed away because he was into the motorcross racing, which his father supported and sponsored jason and his team

It does raise an interesting point: just how much "technique" was his father able to instill in him at that young age. The twirling of the drum stick in TSRTS does seem to indicate at least some minimal instruction, in addition to fatherly support and encouragement. However, it is a fact he did not actively play drums until after the loss of his father.

He is good and should do it for his dad but i think Dave Grohl would have sounded better with Led Zeppelin

As great as Grohl is (and he's probably better than Jason Bonham) he's not in the inner circle of Zeppelin, so I'm sure it would have made the situation less comfortable for the rest of the band.

Jason is well up to it. He is a bit apprehensive as it is such a mega gig and he has never played to such a large audience and been involved in such hype.

If you think about his father taught him, he has been on the road fairly solidly with Foreigner for 2 1/2 years, is 40 and extremely fit. He will eat it. His mother,family and friends will be there to support him so what can go wrong?

If you want to worry about something worry about the others - around 60, not played properly together for 27 years and one hell of a lot to live up to. However they will eat it too.

Who is Paulo Nutini? There IS a question

I'll be shouting for you Jason.

Archived