How I know I'm Zeppelin-obsessed ...

marmorek

But believe me, I truly don't want it to be just a temporary phase because I love my "obsession" way too much to actually give it up! Besides, I am really proud of it too! :P

Don't worry 'Kiwi Zep Fan" it wont go away unless you want it to, trust me on this one. ;)

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,

Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know

Your stairway lies on the whispering wind."

Regards, Danny

I will always be a Led zeppelin die hard fan. I make it a point not to play them constantly. Put away the best for special occasions and such, that way you dont ever get sick of it. If you listen to anything a thousand times in a row you may get sick of it. Put it down for a while. Right now I am trying to set up a good sound system to connect to my flat screen and reciever. You have to be a rocket scientist now to get all these gadgets hooked up right. I am going to eventually buy some speakers but cant decide whether to get those small surround sound type, typically come in a set of 4 or 5 or to go with a couple of smaller stand up ones to put on each side of my entertainment center. I dont want the real big ones.

I will always be a Led zeppelin die hard fan. I make it a point not to play them constantly. Put away the best for special occasions and such, that way you dont ever get sick of it. If you listen to anything a thousand times in a row you may get sick of it. Put it down for a while. Right now I am trying to set up a good sound system to connect to my flat screen and reciever. You have to be a rocket scientist now to get all these gadgets hooked up right. I am going to eventually buy some speakers but cant decide whether to get those small surround sound type, typically come in a set of 4 or 5 or to go with a couple of smaller stand up ones to put on each side of my entertainment center. I dont want the real big ones.

"I will always be a Led zeppelin die hard fan. " My Arse you are, :buttsmack::o

'silvermedalist' have to listen to them every minute of every day for a thousand years to be a "Die Hard Fan", just like i do. :whistling: never stop to "Ramble On" just squeeze your "Lemon" but leave your "Moby Dick" alone. :rolleyes::lol:

Regards, Danny

"I will always be a Led zeppelin die hard fan. " My Arse you are, :buttsmack::o

'silvermedalist' have to listen to them every minute of every day for a thousand years to be a "Die Hard Fan", just like i do. :whistling: never stop to "Ramble On" just squeeze your "Lemon" but leave your "Moby Dick" alone. :rolleyes::lol:

Regards, Danny

Danny! Do you see the belly aching over Stairway to Heaven being over played and many on here have said they dont like it anymore becuase its been played too much? You know what I mean I would hope? If you play anything over and over and over and over it is going to get to a point where you may get sick of it. I have never gotten sick of any Zeppelin song or Stairway to Heaven. I assume you are joking, but then again you are always jokin you wisenheimer!!!:lol: You know darn well you can "kill" a song by overplaying it. Anyone knows that. You know that Dan! Not just admit it!!!!!! And you should never question me being a die hard fan. Go read my story in the time line someday when you get a chance. May 30th 1977 Landover MD. Rick Baker I tell it like it is. I wish I had your Robin Williams type personality, really I do envy you for that. And you are a very witty person. A very smart person. And I like you alot!! But never think that I am not a die hard Zeppelin fan!!!!! :injured: back to my pills and my injections

Been thinking about this for awhile. How I know I'm Zeppelin obsessed......

My day is not complete unless I hear Led Zeppelin. Either on the radio or my own CD or DVD.

I can tune into LZ music playing in the background at sporting events between plays. The Immigrant Song I hear the most.

My family does not understand me. They roll their eyes whenever I inject LZ into the conversation. So I come here to be among like minded friends and sometimes tormenters. But it is always fun.

Look forward longingly to the day when I can see live some small part of LZ. Plant, JPJ, Page or even Jason. And envy those that were lucky and got to see them live back in the hey day.

I wouldn't say I'm Zeppelin-obsessed, although I do like their music. When I'm listening to music, either when I'm working or just bumming around on the computer for a little bit, I usually have my iPod set to shuffle, so invariably at least one or two Zep songs will get played -- but they're mostly the underrated/forgotten stuff; I don't have any of the radio songs. Nothing against them, I've just heard them too many times. I heard Ten Years Gone and In The Light yesterday, which was a nice treat -- I don't think I'd heard In The Light for a few months.

Don't worry 'Kiwi Zep Fan" it wont go away unless you want it to, trust me on this one. ;)

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,

Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know

Your stairway lies on the whispering wind."

Regards, Danny

LOL! I sure hope so Danny! :D *fingers crossed

Oh and by the way, in view of my obsession, that part of the lyrics of "Stairway To Heaven" which you mentioned in your post, makes complete sense to me now! LOL! :lol:;)

my desktop picture changes every day to another jimmy collage... :blush:

60% of my shirts are zeppelin related..

im in a awful mood for the rest of the day if i dont listen to led zeppelin...

your friends block your emails occasionally because they are sick of everything led zeppelin related..

you get detention for smacking a kid when he said something TERRIBLE about them... (it was worth it!!)

you spend your free time listening to led zeppelin and staring at pictures..

you have little dolls you made of the band and bring them places... :D

you try to get clothing that looks like something they wore...

you write the four symbols on everything including your clothes and shoes...and on desks....and on the bus....and on binders...and walls...and pillows..:D

you spend 100$ for a framed poster of jimmy just because its him.

you get detention for smacking a kid when he said something TERRIBLE about them... (it was worth it!!)

I'm sorry, you actually assaulted someone....a kid, no less.....because they said something about Led Zeppelin you didn't like? Like, they said something about Led Zeppelin you didn't agree with......and then you hit them. That happened. You did that.

:blink::blink::blink:

Ever heard of just ignoring it? I disagree with a lot of people about a lot of things, some music-related, most not.....I would not actually think to HIT them because of it.

Well, IMO there are many things in this world that are not black & white.

One of them is the "action/ non action" question. Can you say which is preferable? I mean, if you act, there is the risk to get injured or look foolish, among others. But if you choose not to act, this can eat your soul for the rest of your life (the memory of a moment when you were coward / didn't step out for your beliefs).

Of course, in traveler's case, the issue may look not worthy for a fight. But if it looked worthy enough for her, who are us judge? At least she did what she felt like to do. How many of us can say that?

And I'm sure that she got preached for that, and had to reconsider the events during the detention, so she won't turn into a violent monster who smack people that are not agreeing with her anymore.

Of course, I hate when people kill and got killed for ideas. This might be the most stupid way to deal with the differences (any difference). But I hate also when I/we are not standing for our principles, hiding behind some "let it be" platitudes. Where the thin line between "protagonist" and "spectator" is, it's upon everyone's personal judgement.

She didn't take crap from that kid. She learned a lesson (don't fight for stupid reasons). She learned something about herself, too.

I found it refreshing, since I'm a big coward myself and I'm self-consuming inside myself every time I should do something and I don't.

Anyway, I was just rambling on. You could ignore my post, anyway.

But I have understanding for traveler: when I read/hear any Zep bashing I see red in front my eyes. The difference is that I don't do anything. This is the consequence of getting older.

When someone bashes a band/artist that I like, I ignore it. I don't see red, I don't get pissed, I'm not suddenly consumed with a feeling to hit them. I just ignore it. Everyone is entitled to like/dislike what they want and they are also free to tell me whether they like it or dislike it. I'm free to agree with them or disagree with them.

I couldn't imagine getting *that* angry over someone saying they didn't like something that I liked.

Been thinking about this for awhile. How I know I'm Zeppelin obsessed......

My day is not complete unless I hear Led Zeppelin. Either on the radio or my own CD or DVD.

I can tune into LZ music playing in the background at sporting events between plays. The Immigrant Song I hear the most.

My family does not understand me. They roll their eyes whenever I inject LZ into the conversation. So I come here to be among like minded friends and sometimes tormenters. But it is always fun.

Look forward longingly to the day when I can see live some small part of LZ. Plant, JPJ, Page or even Jason. And envy those that were lucky and got to see them live back in the hey day.

I don't talk about Zep to my family anymore because I'm sure their eyes would roll right out of their heads. But I noticed my daughter was listening to Mothership last night and my son turned up the radio in the car the other day when WIAWSNB came on.

Now I just have to decide what Zep song to request for my son's wedding reception next year. I was thinking Rock and Roll...

Danny! Do you see the belly aching over Stairway to Heaven being over played and many on here have said they dont like it anymore becuase its been played too much? You know what I mean I would hope? If you play anything over and over and over and over it is going to get to a point where you may get sick of it. I have never gotten sick of any Zeppelin song or Stairway to Heaven. I assume you are joking, but then again you are always jokin you wisenheimer!!!:lol: You know darn well you can "kill" a song by overplaying it. Anyone knows that. You know that Dan! Not just admit it!!!!!! And you should never question me being a die hard fan. Go read my story in the time line someday when you get a chance. May 30th 1977 Landover MD. Rick Baker I tell it like it is. I wish I had your Robin Williams type personality, really I do envy you for that. And you are a very witty person. A very smart person. And I like you alot!! But never think that I am not a die hard Zeppelin fan!!!!! :injured: back to my pills and my injections

Hi 'silvermedalist'

Listen to me mate, Misses BIGDAN and myself have listened to the second CD of Physical Graffiti that is in the CD player of my van for many many years, well over 5 years, and we have never ever felt the need to replace it, we sing along all the time to it and i only park up when whatever track is playing has finished even if that means going round the block a few times. :o

I would imagine you would act the same, so your perception was spot on, i was joking and I'll check your story ASAP, as for you comparing Me with Robin Williams well i should "Take That" as a Compliment, but you dont mean "Robbie Williams" do you? :lol:

Regards, Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Let's think of more! You know you're Zeppelin-obsessed when ...

... you give buskers more money if they play Zeppelin.

LOL! That's partly true for me...the other day while I was on my way home from Uni, I saw this old bloke who bore quite a resemblence to what Robert looks like today (dignified, with long curly blond hair and a cheeky looking beard) and he was strumming his guitar and singing a song which sounded pretty good and I gave him $1 just because he resembled Robert! LOL! :lol:B) But my mother doesn't know this yet! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I have started a project I have had in mind for a while: listening to all the live recordings of Dazed & Confused that I possess in chronological order. I have done Gladsaxe, Spokane 12/30/68 and Whiskey A Go-Go 1/5/69.

You wait in the car (and sometimes make yourself late) to finish a Zeppelin song. Even though you've probsbly heard it a million times.

Your day is made when someone at the store or anywhere in public says "Nice shirt." Knowing you are wearing a Zeppelin shirt makes it that much better.

Lemons, Tangerines, and Car Shops are no longer the same to you.

Everytime it rains, you do your best to play "The Rain Song" before the rain stops.

You let insults of other bands you like go, but if someone takes a stab at Zeppelin in front of you....IT'S WAR!!

The thought of a full-fledged tour makes you tingly and almost takes you into a fantasy land because you begin to imagine what it would be like to be there.

You interject any conversation when Led Zeppelin is brought up

Your family notifies you about anything and everything Zeppelin that comes up on the TV.

You've replaced the word "lots" with "lotta" in your every day vocabulary.

Your Mom is upset that you didn't do something and says "How many more times am I going to have to ask you?" To which you get in more trouble because instead of answering her, you hum the opening bass to "How Many More Times."

You prefer to start and end your days with a Zeppelin song.

When you get a new sound system or a new car and the first song played on or in it HAS to be a Zeppelin song.

As for the busker's one (being a busker myself) I have gotten that a LOT, but then again I play pretty much all Zep all the time and have gotten many colds and flus from playing in the winter on O' Connell Street in Dublin, sore fingers and sneezing, brilliant! rolleyes.gif

Let's think of more! You know you're Zeppelin-obsessed when ...

... you won't convert concert bootlegs to MP3 even if they were very lo-fi recordings in the first place.

... you constantly think of how awesome a tour would be, and voice these thoughts to others.

... you name your computer and iPod after Led Zeppelin (Zoso and The Starship!).

... you were depressed because you couldn't get O2 tickets, but you watched all those YouTube videos on December 11th anyway.

... you laugh for a long time when your train passes the Edgewater going into Seattle.

... your music tastes share more in common with your teachers than other students.

... you give buskers more money if they play Zeppelin.

... you are already thinking of excuses to get out of work/school/life for a Zeppelin show.

... you know what "For Badgeholders Only" means (both meanings!).

... you know the birthdays of all four Zeppelin members.

These are all true for me. :D

Post more!

Archived