Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Rover

Astronomy - Planets , Stars & Heavenly Bodies

Posted (edited)

Edited by The Rover

Between the comet and Jupiter and Saturn and the full moon it has been a fun couple of weeks watching the night sky.

FullSizeR1.thumb.jpg.225c9f13990cc18589df47853ddd73a8.jpg

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Strider said:

Between the comet and Jupiter and Saturn and the full moon it has been a fun couple of weeks watching the night sky.

FullSizeR1.thumb.jpg.225c9f13990cc18589df47853ddd73a8.jpg

Cool pic

true story

Back when Hale Bop was seen in the sky I was at a gathering of my usual friends when I started a convo about the comet. I said " I can't believe how close it looks"  My friend, who is at the time 15 years older than I said,  "It's no wonder, it's right in our atmosphere"  I said "Are you crazy"  He said "what? you don't believe your eyes?"  and we got into a whole discussion about the tail and why it looks the way it does and when I told him that the solar wind pushes the tail away from the sun he said "I was stupid" and that there is no wind in space". At that point I said "Have it your way buddy".  Not to be outdone by his stupidity my other buddy wanted to argue that Ursa Major and Minor were actually pronounced Inertia major and minor. This was back in 1995. Thank God I listened in class.

Edited by hummingbird69