Barack Obama in Berlin

SteveAJones

Hi Hickory! Would it make it any better if I retract my praise of 'his' eloquence? :D

Ya know, there's good money in being an information provider...our firm pays a LOT of money to other people for information....of course we package it all together citing sources and making business recommendations.

Just want to keep the disagreements on an opinion level and not a personal level...ya know? :hippy:

I can't speak for the Hick man but it would sure make me feel better.

That'll teach you to praise one's eloquence :lol:

Hi Hickory! Would it make it any better if I retract my praise of 'his' eloquence? :D

Merely an observation....

Ya know, there's good money in being an information provider...our firm pays a LOT of money to other people for information....of course we package it all together citing sources and making business recommendations.

I mine data and format financial reports for a living. B)

Just want to keep the disagreements on an opinion level and not a personal level...ya know? :hippy:

It ain't a perfect world I guess.... :D

Yeah because sometimes it's sooooooo hard to cite your source,then again someone might be trying to impress someone with their "eloquence"

...then again someone could be sitting at their keyboard in North Carolina looking for a self-esteem boost by attacking me on this board.

...then again someone could be sitting at their keyboard in North Carolina looking for a self-esteem boost by attacking me on this board.

...then again someone could be sitting at their keyboard in Kensington looking for a self-esteem boost by plagiarizing wikipedia.

I am the last person on this planet with "self-esteem issues" Dr. Freud

If I quote someone,I give them credit where credit is due.That sounds like a self-esteem issue to me.

I can't speak for the Hick man but it would sure make me feel better.

That'll teach you to praise one's eloquence :lol:

Sorry guys, for some reason the edit button isn't appearing for ANY of my posts...uh oh, is this the first step to the land of misfit toys?! :lol:

Hickory, you'll have to PM me, I curious about your work. We buy a lot of financial information, perhaps you work for a company that we buy services from!

Peace and Light All!

Edited for proper wording...uh, why could I see the edit button on this and not my old posts...maybe there's a time limit... :blink:

Edited by Medhb

...as if any quotes are ever required in your two favorite threads: Song Name Game and Word Association. Placing you on ignore now, lightweight.

Whatever dude or should I bow to the Sorcerer's Apprentice?Hahahaha, Jimmy would spit on you.

You may have the kiddies fooled,but the real Zep heads know that you are a SHAM.Come clean SAJ. So Mote Be It!

John McCain has dedicated his life to meeting the challenges of the modern world.

Barack Obama, a junior Senator from Illinois, spent an afternoon in Berlin talking

about doing so. I'm not saying Obama cannot become a formidable statesman on the

world stage, I am saying he is clearly not ready to become leader of the free world.

He better hope Americans don't take what he said the wrong way 'cause to my ears

he was bashing his own country. Nothing he's done this summer has given him a bump

in the polls. It's going to be a very close election.

Yeah I don't get it, why do all this just to preach to his own choir? He obviously has not had very much of a lead over McCain, even though he should have had a larger bump in the polls the last few weeks. A 3 - 4%, or even 5% lead is not enough for a liberal Democratic canidate, and an African American one at that. However, if the last few elections taught us anything about the current demographics of this country, it will be a close election if it comes down to Ohio again as the deciding swing vote state.

I believe McCain will easily win Florida (he has more Jewish support than most Repubs have had), and I'm not convinced that Obama will win Iowa or Michigan either. And if Romney is McCain's choice, then Michigan will probably be an easier one this time. Then it will come down Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Mexico (which is why Obama needs Richardson more than he needs Biden)... but we'll see. Obama needs to have a much bigger lead right now for any chance in my opinion.

The problem there is that Obama is the darling of the media and news. He will not be asked the same hard ball questions that McCain will be.

Have faith.This is where the rubber will truly meet the road.

The problem there is that Obama is the darling of the media and news. He will not be asked the same hard ball questions that McCain will be.

I'm looking forward to a debate. Am I wrong? I thought both parties answered the same question in a debate.... :blink:

Someone earlier asked for definitions of fiscal conservatism and social liberalism. Here is some stuff I found on wikipedia that may be helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_conservatism

Fiscal conservatism is a political phrase term used in North America to describe advocacy of lower governmental spending practices and a lower federal debt; It is used to define someone who is an advocates of less government, fewer entitlement programs, earmarks, and lower taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism

Social liberalism, also called new liberalism (as it was originally termed), radical liberalism, modern liberalism, or in North America and the United Kingdom simply liberalism, is a branch of liberalism which contends that society must protect liberty and opportunity for all citizens and that the state may have a role on this. For social liberals the lack of education, health, or employment is seen as a major threat to the freedom of state compulsion and coercion.

Like other liberals, social liberals support (with qualifications) free markets, private entrepreneurship and a small state. Social liberalism may also refer, as it usually does in the media, to support for among other things educational reform, civil rights, human rights and civil liberties, particularly in opposition to traditional values and beliefs. In this second sense, the liberal equivalent of social conservatism, one may therefore be socially liberal but economically conservative as in neo-liberalism, but in the first sense social liberalism clearly deals with the economic as well as social dimension of politics. Social liberals support a mixed economy of mainly private enterprise with some state provided, guaranteed or regulated public services. For example, some social liberals defend obligatory universal health insurance, with the state paying a basic health insurance to the most poor of the society.

Like all liberals, social liberals believe in individual freedom as a central concept. In the process, they expect legitimate governments to provide a basic level of welfare or workfare, health and education, supported by taxation, intending to secure economic opportunities for all, enable the best use of the talents of the population, prevent revolution, or simply for the perceived public good, and they accept some restrictions in economic affairs, such as anti-trust laws to combat economic monopolies and regulatory bodies or minimum wage laws. Moreover, the accumulation of wealth by a small group is seen as the consolidation of power within a small faction of society and, therefore, seen as a threat to liberty.

Someone earlier asked for definitions of fiscal conservatism and social liberalism. Here is some stuff I found on wikipedia that may be helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_conservatism

Fiscal conservatism is a political phrase term used in North America to describe advocacy of lower governmental spending practices and a lower federal debt; It is used to define someone who is an advocates of less government, fewer entitlement programs, earmarks, and lower taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism

Social liberalism, also called new liberalism (as it was originally termed), radical liberalism, modern liberalism, or in North America and the United Kingdom simply liberalism, is a branch of liberalism which contends that society must protect liberty and opportunity for all citizens and that the state may have a role on this. For social liberals the lack of education, health, or employment is seen as a major threat to the freedom of state compulsion and coercion.

Like other liberals, social liberals support (with qualifications) free markets, private entrepreneurship and a small state. Social liberalism may also refer, as it usually does in the media, to support for among other things educational reform, civil rights, human rights and civil liberties, particularly in opposition to traditional values and beliefs. In this second sense, the liberal equivalent of social conservatism, one may therefore be socially liberal but economically conservative as in neo-liberalism, but in the first sense social liberalism clearly deals with the economic as well as social dimension of politics. Social liberals support a mixed economy of mainly private enterprise with some state provided, guaranteed or regulated public services. For example, some social liberals defend obligatory universal health insurance, with the state paying a basic health insurance to the most poor of the society.

Like all liberals, social liberals believe in individual freedom as a central concept. In the process, they expect legitimate governments to provide a basic level of welfare or workfare, health and education, supported by taxation, intending to secure economic opportunities for all, enable the best use of the talents of the population, prevent revolution, or simply for the perceived public good, and they accept some restrictions in economic affairs, such as anti-trust laws to combat economic monopolies and regulatory bodies or minimum wage laws. Moreover, the accumulation of wealth by a small group is seen as the consolidation of power within a small faction of society and, therefore, seen as a threat to liberty.

This is great stuff! Everyone here is so helpfull! I'm coming here from now on when I have math homework :D

I do my accountant and cheat on my taxes.

I believe in breaking commandments two at a time if whenever possible.

Just last month I coveted my neighbor's wife... and I did it on a Sunday.

So, it's a win/win situation.

As usual Del.... :hysterical: