Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Penny, i don't think the woman is my type. He said she is not the type to ask a guy for his number,etc. That's not my type. I am not into old fashioned women. I am into the type of women who if she likes a guy will do something about it. And if she is shy that's a whole other problem. Buddies have tried pursuing shy girls and they said it can be like pulling teeth. You never know where you stand with them. The guy has to lead the way in everything and what not.

And once again, she nails it on the head! :D

Dammit Spats! I know I really bitch-slap you on this board, and I can get a bit over the top. But why is it so hard to grasp a simple concept? That works for everyone else? Shee-it!

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED. It's as simple as that.

:wall::slapface::beat:

You should tell that to all the women out there.

It has not really been a simple concept for me. I am surprised you are all saying it's simple. It's simple for the woman but not the guy because she isn't doing anything. He is.

I just call things as I see them. :D Unlike Spats, who'd rather cower in a corner. :lol:

Jimmy himself said it: "Better to live one year as a lion than 1,000 years as a lamb."

B)

That's easy for Jimmy to say. He is a legendary rock star. How often do you think he has got rejected by women in his lifetime?? Maybe before he became a rock star but not while he was one.

You should tell that to all the women out there.

It has not really been a simple concept for me. I am surprised you are all saying it's simple. It's simple for the woman but not the guy because she isn't doing anything. He is.

I still say you're a lazy, self-indulgent fuck. What you just wrote proves it. Quit keeping score, you dummy! Make a fucking effort. :rolleyes:

I still say you're a lazy, self-indulgent fuck. What you just wrote proves it. Quit keeping score, you dummy! Make a fucking effort. :rolleyes:

If that's what i am because i won't make the first move then what are the women who won't? The same?

I will make an effort if they do. But i have to be shown that there is something worth making an effort for.

Somebody sent me this article. I cannot believe a guy wrote it........

"People will often ask Ms. Daddy: "What was it that first drew you to be interested in Dave?"

I don't get insulted by it, although the subtext is quite insulting. But Ms. Daddy is such a strikingly beautiful woman-- not only beautiful: she is Sexy, Strong, Smart, and Sane, the Four Esses every bachelor seeks.

She could have had any man she wanted. So what led her to choose the Mack?

Ms. Daddy learned long ago not to give the long answer to this question.

Instead, she uses the occasion to send a little message out to the men of the world.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing," she always says. "I never had any doubt that he wanted me. That he was interested. There was nothing ambivalent about his courtship of me. And I liked that."

Verily I say unto the current crop of bachelors out there: he who has ears, let him hear.

Every single single woman I talk to, lately, has the same lament: the men circling around them are too wishy-washy, namby-pamby, tentative, and ambivalent.

They're not going strong to the hoop.

"Listen, I'm dating several women right now," a female friend of mine reported someone she was seeing told her, "and you're the one I like the most, but I just don't know right now," etc etc.

Fine, she thought, gave him the shepherd's crook-- at which point of course, and he started begging and pleading, but it was like locking the barn door after the horse has bolted: i.e. too late.

If anecdotal evidence is to be believed, bachelors are all over the map these days. It may be an old-fashioned belief, but I think the most important component of a Bachelor Campaign is strong desire. As soon as I spotted the future Ms. Daddy at a party, I thought: "Me want. For me." And then when the mists had cleared, "Target acquired."

After that moment I was all over her like white on rice, like stink on a monkey, I did not let up until the target was neutralized-- or, to put it another way, we were in love.

But what's going on with the current crop of bachelors out there? Where is your desire? "I'm not sure I'm ready for a blah blah blah..."

That's why the book He's Just Not That Into You was such a smash hit: women are not feeling wanted.

Of course, there's such a thing as coming on too strong. And it's important to bear in mind the caveat Ms. Daddy often adds as an addendum to her statements: "I knew Dave wanted me. He didn't need me. He wanted me, there's an important distinction. But that he wanted me was never in doubt."

Anyway, I've heard very few stories of coming on too strong from the women I talk to. It's all: he came on too weak.

So bachelors: shake it off, suck it up, and get out there! Get out there! Have the cojones to wear your heart on your sleeve.

Because if you don't everyone loses; and you'll never know all the ways in which you missed out."

Not once in this entire article does it mention the woman's responsibility in any of this. For the to ante up. Everything is left up to the man. It's all on his head. :o:o:o And a guy wrote this. :o:o

Somebody sent me this article. I cannot believe a guy wrote it........

Not once in this entire article does it mention the woman's responsibility in any of this. For the to ante up. Everything is left up to the man. It's all on his head. :o:o:o And a guy wrote this. :o:o

How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do

When I give you all my love, please, please be true

I'll give you all I've got to give, rings, pearls, and all

I got to get you together, baby

I'm sure, sure you're gonna call

Oh, wanna love some other man too

Ooh

I was a young man, I couldn't resist

Started thinkin' it over just what I had missed

Got me a girl and I kissed her, and then, and then

whoops, oh, no, yeah, well I did it again

Now Iv'e got ten children of my own

I got another child on the way that makes eleven

But I'm in constant Heaven

I know it's alright in my mind

'cause I got a little schoolgirl and she's all mine

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit

but I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give

Oh, Rosie, oh, girl

Oh, Rosie, oh, girl

Steal away, now, steal away

Steal away, baby, steal away

Little Robert Anthony wants to come and play

A-why don'tcha come with me, baby, steal away

Alright, alright

Well, they call me the Hunter, that's my name

Call me the Hunter, that's how I got my fame

Ain't no need to hide, Ain't no need to run B)

'cause I've got you in the sights of my gun

How many more times, barrelhouse all night long, alright

How many more times, barrelhouse all night long

Well, I've got to get to you, baby

So-whoa-whoa-whoa please come home

Why don't you listen to me, babe

Why don't you please come home

Why don't you please come, oh

Must have seen this B)

Yep. B)

I'm going to buy the book,sit down with a carton of Marlboros and a case of Budweiser,throw a fuckin' huge steak on the fuckin' grill,and I'm gonna smoke,eat,drink,watch football.and read,all at once.,okay?

That's my idea of multitasking!

B)

When I give you all my love, please, please be true

I got to get you together, baby

I'm sure, sure you're gonna call

Oh, wanna love some other man too

Ooh

I was a young man, I couldn't resist

Started thinkin' it over just what I had missed

Got me a girl and I kissed her, and then, and then

whoops, oh, no, yeah, well I did it again

Now Iv'e got ten children of my own

I got another child on the way that makes eleven

But I'm in constant Heaven

I know it's alright in my mind

'cause I got a little schoolgirl and she's all mine

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit

but I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give

Oh, Rosie, oh, girl

Oh, Rosie, oh, girl

Steal away, now, steal away

Steal away, baby, steal away

Little Robert Anthony wants to come and play

A-why don'tcha come with me, baby, steal away

Alright, alright

Well, they call me the Hunter, that's my name

Call me the Hunter, that's how I got my fame

Ain't no need to hide, Ain't no need to run B)

'cause I've got you in the sights of my gun

How many more times, barrelhouse all night long, alright

How many more times, barrelhouse all night long

Well, I've got to get to you, baby

So-whoa-whoa-whoa please come home

Why don't you listen to me, babe

Why don't you please come, oh

I wish Robert had sung some songs about women who actually stepped up and did not let the dude do all the work. It was a different time i guess.

I am not a hunter.

Yep. B)

I'm going to buy the book,sit down with a carton of Marlboros and a case of Budweiser,throw a fuckin' huge steak on the fuckin' grill,and I'm gonna smoke,eat,drink,watch football.and read,all at once.,okay?

That's my idea of multitasking!

B)

Two words:

NUCLEAR FUCKIN' WEAPONS!!!

:lol:

I wish Robert had sung some songs about women who actually stepped up and did not let the dude do all the work. It was a different time i guess.

I am not a hunter.

:hysterical: That's a fuckin' understatement!!

Don't you ever get tired of showing the entire world how pitiful you are?

:hysterical: That's a fuckin' understatement!!

Don't you ever get tired of showing the entire world how pitiful you are?

There is nothing pitiful about not being a "hunter". It's almost 2009. I treat women as equals. Guys who are Hunters are usually alpha males who think they have a shot at just about any woman and think they are all that.

:hysterical:

I guess not...

There is nothing pitiful about a dude who does not think he is anything special, who does not have a big ego, who has insecurities, who does not like the way he looks, who isn't good with rejection. Who thinks women should contribute more to the dating world,etc. None of that is pitiful.

There is nothing pitiful about a dude who does not think he is anything special, who does not have a big ego, who has insecurities, who does not like the way he looks, who isn't good with rejection. Who thinks women should contribute more to the dating world,etc. None of that is pitiful.

But by refusing to make any effort to approach women you might be interested in, aren't you just as guilty as they are?.

It takes two to (not) tango.

But by refusing to make any effort to approach women you might be interested in, aren't you just as guilty as they are?.

It takes two to (not) tango.

No because i have at least done it in the past. Mostly my teen years. My reasons for not doing it are for different reasons then a female for not doing it. Mine are from mixed signals and rejection in the past. Their reasons are mainly because they are old fashioned and think the dude should be doing it.

I gave my number to a girl i thought was pretty hot at harbourfront a couple months ago and she never called. Even in the few times i do make the first move there are no takers. I think i am cursed or something when it comes to doing that. <_<

Geez man relax a bit you're freakin' me out... You ARE pitififul because you're acting like a total spineless human being! where is your ego??? you're supposed to be a man so start acting like one!

I've never seen a guy more insecure than you Spats, I really feel sorry for you...

Geez man relax a bit you're freakin' me out... You ARE pitififul because you're acting like a total spineless human being! where is your ego??? you're supposed to be a man so start acting like one!

I've never seen a guy more insecure than you Spats, I really feel sorry for you...

I am relaxed. I am just listing things about myself.

I don't have a big ego at all. I have never understood or related to guys who do. Some of my buddies do and we are exact opposites. They think they are good looking guys who are great catches and they don't hesitate to approach women and they think they have a good shot of hooking up with women they are interested in. And they usually do hook up with the women they are interested in. I don't understand it. I don't know why it works for them and yet i am struggling. I don't get why women like cocky guys like that. If i started acting like that i wouldn't be able to take myself seriously. I would look in the mirror at myself and say "you have to be kidding".

You keep saying "act like a man". What is the exact definition of that? A guy who does what my buddies do and who bend over backwards for women?

Archived