Page/Edge/White Documentary

Dandu

Anyone have any information about the after-party for this film?

Apparently Jimmy and his co-stars might be jamming - live! Problem is I can't even find out where it is. News reports are being rather coy. They say the party is "south of Bloor" (which, for those from out of town, includes all of downtown Toronto). I am working my connections to see if I can get more info. It is set to be the hottest party at the festival... See below:

National Post:

Jimmy Page, Jack White and U2's The Edge are all expected at the south-of-Bloor party that's planned following the Friday night airing here of Davis Guggenheim's electrically-charged guitar doc It Might Get Loud. Guggenheim's last film? This little number you may have heard of called An Inconvenient Truth.

Globe and Mail:

Already, the after-party for It Might Get Loud, with Jimmy Page, the Edge and Jack White of the White Stripes set to attend, looks to be the festival's hottest invitation.

It Might Get Loud is a guitar lover's wet dream. It eschews the usual rockumentary pattern detailing career ups and downs, and instead has Page, the Edge and White talking about their influences, technique and equipment. Ultimately, it's about the evolution of the amplified instrument itself.

Edited by Dandu

I just woke up here after a short rendezvous with my pillows.

I don't want to start a free for all " hope-fest " --- but

I did buy extra tickets for some friends , and it appears that some may not participate.

As mentioned , no promises as of the moment , but by Thursday I will most likely know the availability of the extra's.

I would be willing to share the good fortune with someone who can meet me without too much complication.

These are tickets to the premiere showing.

Also , possible extra's for the Sunday showing.

PM if interested.

AND !!!

The after party jam / gathering sounds like a once in a lifetime chance.

We need information --- lol

From what I read on the National Post website, the jam might be at a party hosted by the Raptor's GM at the opening of the new Harry Rosen store. Apparently there will be a large party there that night.

I think the Harry Rosen party is tonight. Too bad that is not the same party though. I would have a decent chance of getting into that one.

It does sound like the Richard Branson party could be the best bet. Puff Daddy is also in town for the festival... perhaps they'll do Kashmir? B)

RonnieDawg - you rock! :)

Here's some info on what's happening on Friday that I found:

On Friday, Holt Renfew hosts its annual bash at the Bloor Street store. The event is being co-hosted by GQ and designer John Varvatos. MGMT is the special musical guest. Down on Queen Street, CTV director of special events and merchandising Francine Socket is planning the eTalk Festival Party, a massive get-together for 2,500 people, featuring an indoor-outdoor party and performances by P. Diddy and DJ Samantha Ronson. Over at Muzik, Sir Richard Branson hosts a public party (tickets are $75) to raise awareness and funds for his Virgin Unite charity. And hockey legends including Doug Gilmour and Mats Sundin will lace up their skates at the Air Canada Centre for the Festival Cup, a charity game to benefit the Right to Play organization.

Thanks Roxie for the information.

It's still a crap-shoot , and the idea of knowing JP will attend some events and possibly be playing somewhere is hard to handle while not knowing .

Lets continue to collaborate all thoughts here. Smiles !!

I'm tingling in anticipation and drowning in worry that we'll miss it.

For the record -----

The movie being held prior to the premiere screening of IMGL begins at 6:30 PM.

If you line up " in " that line you will be guaranteed front spots for entering our intended film.

Anyone wanting to wait with the good people from here , come on down around 6:30 , lets make Jimmy proud.

The one chance of getting close for an autograph may rely on being in that front of the line.

We'll be making some signs today to wave with so feel free to add to the program.

It's a JP Party !!!!

This is tomorrow, tomorrow , tomorrow ........................

Rock n Roll

Thanks Roxie for the information.

It's still a crap-shoot , and the idea of knowing JP will attend some events and possibly be playing somewhere is hard to handle while not knowing .

Lets continue to collaborate all thoughts here. Smiles !!

I'm tingling in anticipation and drowning in worry that we'll miss it.

For the record -----

The movie being held prior to the premiere screening of IMGL begins at 6:30 PM.

If you line up " in " that line you will be guaranteed front spots for entering our intended film.

Anyone wanting to wait with the good people from here , come on down around 6:30 , lets make Jimmy proud.

The one chance of getting close for an autograph may rely on being in that front of the line.

We'll be making some signs today to wave with so feel free to add to the program.

It's a JP Party !!!!

This is tomorrow, tomorrow , tomorrow ........................

Rock n Roll

Hi, Fellow Zep Fans.

I'm new on the scene ... the party is being held at a hotel and is unfortunately by invitation only. I of course have not been invited but will be at the premiere!!!

That's a nice start and thank you -----

now ,

Care to share details or sources ???

I can handle the " private " part , and am respectful , however, knowing the location would be cool so we could capture some photo's and maybe catch a glimpse .

Or a chance meeting for that matter.

If being online and open to the world here is a concern , then save it for the premiere , find us and let us in on what you know. Much appreciation.

I'll be the guy with the Jimmy Page signs ------ lol

Peace

Edited by Zepp-4-Life

That's a nice start and thank you -----

now ,

Care to share details or sources ???

I can handle the " private " part , and am respectful , however, knowing the location would be cool so we could capture some photo's and maybe catch a glimpse .

Or a chance meeting for that matter.

If being online and open to the world here is a concern , then save it for the premiere , find us and let us in on what you know. Much appreciation.

I'll be the guy with the Jimmy Page signs ------ lol

Peace

Hey, Zepp-4-Life,

I got no problem sharing info with my friends but not sure if others will get annoyed if you know what I mean. I will totally being look for you tomorrow -- do you think 6:30 is early enough? We want to be in the front row, right?

It all sounds good.

6:30 " should " be early enough. But then again ......

Now you have me reconsidering.

I am going to the Ryerson Theater this evening for a full walk around .

I will be asking questions and seeing what the scene is like.

Entrance, rules , camera's etc.

From the sounds of the thread here , there are but a hand full of goers.

And on another site not many at all. Being in Toronto is the lucky part.

I feel for all the others where distance has made the difference.

Lets start a who's going now .

It all sounds good.

6:30 " should " be early enough. But then again ......

Now you have me reconsidering.

I am going to the Ryerson Theater this evening for a full walk around .

I will be asking questions and seeing what the scene is like.

Entrance, rules , camera's etc.

From the sounds of the thread here , there are but a hand full of goers.

And on another site not many at all. Being in Toronto is the lucky part.

I feel for all the others where distance has made the difference.

Lets start a who's going now .

Good idea. Rain could be the only problem I see with standing outside for so long. Hopefully, won't rain until after we're in ... can't wait. Should be soooo fun!