Page/Edge/White Documentary

Dandu

I have just returned from the theatre where tonight's screening will take place.

I scoped out the situation and got the lay of the land.

After talking with security , there are many scenario's.

What was confirmed is that JP is in town.

He may show up just before the screening , do the red carpet thing and split.

Or he may also stick around and watch the film .

Following the film will be the Q/A and we hope he participates.

When we are permitted inside the theater , the plan will be to get seats in front of the stage that host's the Q/A . So far camera's where allowed for that segment. That could change.

Also, when the limousine's pull up to the entrance , it's quite a pushy scene according to security so leaving our position in the line for close up photo's may be unwise.

I guess this will all just play out as it happens.

It is officially Jimmy Page Day !!!!

5 hours and counting .

Here is the first report of Jimmy's arrival in T.O.:

The rock god arrived in Toronto

- Jimmy Page is officially at TIFF’08 - but don’t expect any autographs

Posted by ShoVine editor - 05/09/08 at 08:09:47 am

Sure some of the names at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival are hugely talked about stars - Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Anne Hathaway. But if you speak to the die-hard autograph collectors and paparazzi there really is only one name at TIFF this year that has the town buzzing - and that’s the arrival of Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page in support of his documentary, ‘It Might Get Loud’. Page arrived on Thursday afternoon and was met at Toronto Pearson airport by autograph collectors and some in-the-know photographers. Mr. Page explained to the professional autograph collectors why he won’t be signing any memorabilia on this trip through Toronto. Ok, but will Page, join fellow co-stars The Edge and Jack White and jam at the after party?

- Jimmy Page is officially at TIFF’08 - but don’t expect any autographs

Sure some of the names at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival are hugely talked about stars - Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Anne Hathaway. But if you speak to the die-hard autograph collectors and paparazzi there really is only one name at TIFF this year that has the town buzzing - and that’s the arrival of Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page in support of his documentary, ‘It Might Get Loud’. Page arrived on Thursday afternoon and was met at Toronto Pearson airport by autograph collectors and some in-the-know photographers. Mr. Page explained to the professional autograph collectors why he won’t be signing any memorabilia on this trip through Toronto. Ok, but will Page, join fellow co-stars The Edge and Jack White and jam at the after party?

I, along with lots of others :) am anxiously awaiting the reports guys!! Have fun!!

Hmmmm, I wonder what Jimmy's reason was for not signing any memorabilia.... :mellow:

Have fun! I want a full report too! I plan to go the moment it opens at least in Boston. That's too bad there can't be any autographs, but just as well. Maybe Jimmy wants to actually enjoy himself. I still want to hear everything tomarrow!

I, along with lots of others :) am anxiously awaiting the reports guys!! Have fun!!

Hmmmm, I wonder what Jimmy's reason was for not signing any memorabilia.... :mellow:

Well, if they were "professional autograph collectors" he probably doesn't want them just selling his autographed stuff on eBay--I know he's objected to people doing that in the past.

Well, if they were "professional autograph collectors" he probably doesn't want them just selling his autographed stuff on eBay--I know he's objected to people doing that in the past.

Ahhhh, thank you. I guess I missed the 'professional' part of that sentence. Makes perfect sense.

Hope some of 'our' guys/gals get one!

Caption: "In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And The Earth..."

Oh noes, they are converting Jimmy!

:hysterical:

- Jimmy Page is officially at TIFF'08 - but don't expect any autographs

Sure some of the names at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival are hugely talked about stars - Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Anne Hathaway. But if you speak to the die-hard autograph collectors and paparazzi there really is only one name at TIFF this year that has the town buzzing - and that's the arrival of Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page in support of his documentary, 'It Might Get Loud'. Page arrived on Thursday afternoon and was met at Toronto Pearson airport by autograph collectors and some in-the-know photographers. Mr. Page explained to the professional autograph collectors why he won't be signing any memorabilia on this trip through Toronto. Ok, but will Page, join fellow co-stars The Edge and Jack White and jam at the after party?

Sounds exciting, can't wait to hear all the details from those who attend.

Just got back fron the movie. Jimmy Jack and the Edge watched the whole thing in the theatre and then spoke afterwards. Film was awesome. Full report to follow, (with some pictures of the talk at the end) but just rushing over to have a drink at what I have been told is Jimmy's hotel to see if I can catch him coming back from the after party.

I'll start.

The film was great, especially if you are a guitar player, though anyone will enjoy it. I was lucky enough to get down there early and was only 20 people from the front. When my buddy and I got towards the front entrance, the rock god himself showed up and all hell broke loose. I have to say, for a 64 year old man, he looks fantastic. At this point I was only about 10 feet away from him and I think I almost pissed my pants. He arrived with an older gentlemen. Anyone know who that was?

My buddy and I had really good seats, about 10 rows from the front and to the right of the stage. When Jimmy walked in, we were only a few feet from him. The reception this guy gets is phenomenal.

As he was leaving in his limo to go, we were about two feet from him. I know this distance thing is nuts but I'm on cloud 9 right now. For me, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get close to Page.

As for the film, it was really neat to see how enthusiastic he gets when he is playing some of his favourite records, like playing air guitar. What was also neat was when he went back to Headley Grange and you get to see where When the Levee breaks was recorded. (surprised how small the staircase is) They also have him on the lawn playing Battle of Evermore on the mandolin as well as some vintage footage of Zep dancing around on the grounds while they recorded there. The best is when he drops into Whole Lotta Love and The Edge and Jack White look like two little kids who see Santa for the first time. (the looks on their faces was priceless) At one point, The Edge is showing him one of his signature songs and Page was questioning him on whether or not he (The Edge) chose the right chord progression for the song he wrote. This was hilarious.

Page, White and The Edge had a pretty cool jam session that started off from In My Time of Dying. All three were playing slide. I think the highlight for me was seeing/hearing some new stuff from my idol entitled Embryonic 2. I think it was in an alternate tuning. (99.9% sure)

I am really curious as to who the older gentlmen with him was. When my friend and I sat down, this gentlemen sat right behind us and I almost shit myself as with him there, I knew Page was going to be with him. (overheard the staff say that the seats were to be given to no one under any circumstances) I was a little disappointed when the gentlemen left and took his proper seat in the centre of the theatre.

This is a little rambling as I still can't believe what a night it was. Page looks great and his playing is top notch. This legend really needs to start playing in public more.

Everyone needs to see this film!

I'll start.

The film was great, especially if you are a guitar player, though anyone will enjoy it. I was lucky enough to get down there early and was only 20 people from the front. When my buddy and I got towards the front entrance, the rock god himself showed up and all hell broke loose. I have to say, for a 64 year old man, he looks fantastic. At this point I was only about 10 feet away from him and I think I almost pissed my pants. He arrived with an older gentlemen. Anyone know who that was?

My buddy and I had really good seats, about 10 rows from the front and to the right of the stage. When Jimmy walked in, we were only a few feet from him. The reception this guy gets is phenomenal.

As he was leaving in his limo to go, we were about two feet from him. I know this distance thing is nuts but I'm on cloud 9 right now. For me, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get close to Page.

As for the film, it was really neat to see how enthusiastic he gets when he is playing some of his favourite records, like playing air guitar. What was also neat was when he went back to Headley Grange and you get to see where When the Levee breaks was recorded. (surprised how small the staircase is) They also have him on the lawn playing Battle of Evermore on the mandolin as well as some vintage footage of Zep dancing around on the grounds while they recorded there. The best is when he drops into Whole Lotta Love and The Edge and Jack White look like two little kids who see Santa for the first time. (the looks on their faces was priceless) At one point, The Edge is showing him one of his signature songs and Page was questioning him on whether or not he (The Edge) chose the right chord progression for the song he wrote. This was hilarious.

Page, White and The Edge had a pretty cool jam session that started off from In My Time of Dying. All three were playing slide. I think the highlight for me was seeing/hearing some new stuff from my idol entitled Embryonic 2. I think it was in an alternate tuning. (99.9% sure)

I am really curious as to who the older gentlmen with him was. When my friend and I sat down, this gentlemen sat right behind us and I almost shit myself as with him there, I knew Page was going to be with him. (overheard the staff say that the seats were to be given to no one under any circumstances) I was a little disappointed when the gentlemen left and took his proper seat in the centre of the theatre.

This is a little rambling as I still can't believe what a night it was. Page looks great and his playing is top notch. This legend really needs to start playing in public more.

Everyone needs to see this film!

EXCELLENT REPORT!!!!!

Nothing more to add except thanks and can't wait to see the movie.

The film was great... Jimmy was amazing. Just to be in the same theater and watching the same movie as Jimmy was a truly awesome thing. I noticed he was credited as Associate Producer of the film. Not sure if that was posted before?

Didn't see Jimmy at the hotel :(

Anyway, the reviews here are great. So I will be brief.

The following things stood out for me, I am sure I will forget some:

1. How happy Jimmy looked throughout the film both on the screen and in the theater. This guy loves to play guitar.

2. The massive amount of zep (album) music featured in the film.

3. The look on Jack Whites face when Jimmy started playing WLL.

4. A scene where the Edge and Jack White start singing and trying to harmonize and Jimmy looks at them nervously and says "I can't help you, I can't sing".

5. Jimmy's music collection is fu$#%n huge! There are a few scenes in a room (in his house I guess) where the walls are loaded with bookshelves full of albums and CDs.

6. How neat it was to see Jimmy take the role of elder statesmen with two very accomplished musicians.

7. To watch these three guys sit in a room and try to bang stuff out and tell each other the chords. It was no different than when I used to sit down with friends and learn new songs. Very little ego.

8. To see jimmy explain the story of how the drums on Levee Breaks were recorded. I knew the story, but it was cool to hear him tell it and to see the room where it happened.

9. To learn for the first time that Jimmy started playing guitar almost by fluke. When his family moved houses somebody had left a guitar in the house he moved into. If I ever meet that person I will thank them.

10. To hear new stuff by Jimmy - Embryo 1 & 2. Awesome...

11. To see our very own webmaster Sam was mentioned in the credits for contributing some of the stills for the film.

So much more to say, but too tired to write. See some pics below. Sorry about the quality. My camera takes very poor low light shots.

ItMightGetLoud030.jpg

ItMightGetLoud009.jpg

ItMightGetLoud044.jpg

ItMightGetLoud022.jpg

ItMightGetLoud015.jpg

Oh. One other thing I should add - Jimmy was thanked by the director, who spoke before the film was shown. The crowd got up and gave him a one minute standing ovation. After the film was over the crowd again gave a long standing ovation.

Didn't see Jimmy at the hotel :(

Anyway, the reviews here are great. So I will be brief.

The following things stood out for me, I am sure I will forget some:

1. How happy Jimmy looked throughout the film both on the screen and in the theater. This guy loves to play guitar.

2. The massive amount of zep (album) music featured in the film.

3. The look on Jack Whites face when Jimmy started playing WLL.

4. A scene where the Edge and Jack White start singing and trying to harmonize and Jimmy looks at them nervously and says "I can't help you, I can't sing".

5. Jimmy's music collection is fu$#%n huge! There are a few scenes in a room (in his house I guess) where the walls are loaded with bookshelves full of albums and CDs.

6. How neat it was to see Jimmy take the role of elder statesmen with two very accomplished musicians.

7. To watch these three guys sit in a room and try to bang stuff out and tell each other the chords. It was no different than when I used to sit down with friends and learn new songs. Very little ego.

8. To see jimmy explain the story of how the drums on Levee Breaks were recorded. I knew the story, but it was cool to hear him tell it and to see the room where it happened.

9. To learn for the first time that Jimmy started playing guitar almost by fluke. When his family moved houses somebody had left a guitar in the house he moved into. If I ever meet that person I will thank them.

10. To hear new stuff by Jimmy - Embryo 1 & 2. Awesome...

11. To see our very own webmaster Sam was mentioned in the credits for contributing some of the stills for the film.

So much more to say, but too tired to write. See some pics below. Sorry about the quality. My camera takes very poor low light shots.

ItMightGetLoud030.jpg

ItMightGetLoud009.jpg

ItMightGetLoud044.jpg

ItMightGetLoud022.jpg

ItMightGetLoud015.jpg

Thank you so much Dandu, you rock. I'm dying to hear Embryo pt 1 & 2, it must be awesome like you said. And love the pictures.

One final word and I'm off to bed:

KUDOS TO WEBMASTER SAM! :thumbsup:

Archived