Led Zeppelin owes us a tour!

What if last night changed that? What if the idea of a few dates here and there excited him? I certainly don't think we as fans are owed a debt by any means, and clearly this was in homage to Ahmet, but if he feels the fire...well, let's just say I'm glad I live near Los Angeles! :beer:

Ev, you rock today!! I agree, and if they'll play in L.A, in N.Y or in London or in Japan, it's ok for me, cause I will be there this time!!

You should be grateful that Zeppelin have givin the fans so much already, and that they are able and willing to do one more show at their age.

I think that Zeppelin had their time YES, BUT I do think it would be nice for us the new generation of fans to have a chance to see them live .. I hope they will do a tour, but i DON'T think they owe it to us.. :rolleyes:

Ev, you rock today!! I agree, and if they'll play in L.A, in N.Y or in London or in Japan, it's ok for me, cause I will be there this time!!

My dear, I must say that all the negativity preceding this event by the doom and gloomers put me off the forums for awhile. But now that we can all breathe knowing what we always knew to be true, and that the world has been schooled on what we've known all this time..well, it's good to be back! Cheers! :beer:

Ok, dunno' about the band owing the fans anything, but I would be thrilled beyond mere words if they did decide to go ahead with a tour.

Too young to have seen the original incarnation, I've been privy to stories told by peers about how someone's brother was supposed to catch their November 1980 show in Hartford, CT, or how another's older brother brought him to a show when he was only 6 (circa 1977) and not especially appreciative at the time, as well as various other near-misses common amongst my peer group (late thirtysomethings now). They were unquestionably the inspiration for my own electric-guitar dabbling at 18 -- the first songs I learned to cover were Zep standards. That and there's so much lore, love and outright adulation for this band -- they are the absolute gold standard of rock bands -- that there's no question any tour would be a financial success.

Robert has always seemed the most ambivalent about touring and the thought of topping, or even meeting, the standards or thirty years ago must seem daunting. But judging from the reviews it sounds like they have somehow ('somehow,' because fan expectations are pretty damn high) managed to exceed expectations at the 02 show. As another poster remarked, if the fan reaction at the show last night didn't do anything to persuade Robert of the absolute need for a Led Zeppelin tour now then I doubt anything can.

Should they come to the states, this is a show I would absolutely have to see. And more than once if I could scrounge up enough funds. Maybe I could be a Zeppelin groupie for one grand year, riding my motorcycle from city to city! Yes, I just need to see this iconographic band live just once, to pay homage to these guys in person for the incredible music, before I die.

C'mon, Robert. You know you want to, and none of us are getting any younger. ;)

Led Zep does owe us a tour. Simply because they can. Robert needs to start thinking about all the fans who love them. I'm not talking about "like" them but LOVE them. I don't think its to much to ask. They are able and most of them are willing from the looks of it. Robert needs to get over himself and remember the fans that put him were he is. Remember we love them and would like some of there love back. We're human and need the love, just look back at all the posts. I think not doing a tour is selfish. They are the rock gods for this and last generation and many to come. I know they're human. The point is the music they made is more than amazing. I don't think John Bonham would mind a tour. I bet he would have wanted more and would have loved to see his son fill in his shoes.

Bottom line is: Robert you owe Led Zeppelin and us more. Remember "we walk the miles" missing Led Zeppelin!

4. Thank You

BD

They owe us nothing. They gave us everything they had. If they don't do it I am fine with it.

What if last night changed that? What if the idea of a few dates here and there excited him? I certainly don't think we as fans are owed a debt by any means, and clearly this was in homage to Ahmet, but if he feels the fire...well, let's just say I'm glad I live near Los Angeles! :beer:

I'm not saying that I'm certain they won't do half a dozen big shows in major cities. But he has a new album out and a tour planned for next year already with Alison Krauss. The reason last night was so magical was because Percy's heart was in it! He said only last week that the repetition of a tour is absolutely not what he wants. I'm sure he was flattered, delighted and overwhelmed by last nights response of the fans but if anyone thinks Robert Plant is going to schlep his ass around some 100 date tour you're all crackers!

I live in London, those of us who live in or near the major cities are very lucky people when it comes to gigs. But I didn't get a ticket for last night, in fact I was sat in my flat blasting out the Royal Albert Hall 70 show to make up for it! It didn't really work, lol, until the live setlist started coming in. I had to get it from Planet Zeppelin too because this board crashed under the weight!

I'm not saying that I'm certain they won't do half a dozen big shows in major cities. But he has a new album out and a tour planned for next year already with Alison Krauss. The reason last night was so magical was because Percy's heart was in it! He said only last week that the repetition of a tour is absolutely not what he wants. I'm sure he was flattered, delighted and overwhelmed by last nights response of the fans but if anyone thinks Robert Plant is going to schlep his ass around some 100 date tour you're all crackers!

I live in London, those of us who live in or near the major cities are very lucky people when it comes to gigs. But I didn't get a ticket for last night, in fact I was sat in my flat blasting out the Royal Albert Hall 70 show to make up for it! It didn't really work, lol, until the live setlist started coming in. I had to get it from Planet Zeppelin too because this board crashed under the weight!

^^Yeah, Angi and I were posting the setlist realtime on PZ, cause yes, this forum got innundated for sure! My hope is this, that Robert tours with Alison in early '08, does some summer Zeppelin shows (LA please. Thank yew!), and then gets to the expected Strange Sensation project in the fall. There's room for all of it! :D

^^Yeah, Angi and I were posting the setlist realtime on PZ, cause yes, this forum got innundated for sure! My hope is this, that Robert tours with Alison in early '08, does some summer Zeppelin shows (LA please. Thank yew!), and then gets to the expected Strange Sensation project in the fall. There's room for all of it! :D

Yes he can do it all....and get some R&R in between.

And yes, if LZ decides to play a few select dates, please play in LA or at least somewhere on the left coast....I travel! :lol:

What makes everyone or certain people think Led Zeppelin owes you a tour, they do not owe you anything, I think there will be a discussion or meeting of such between them all to see how they feel, but in the end it will be down to them if they do a tour, I hope so.

they don't owe us anything they gave us so much already we can only hope they tour

This from The Times says it more eloquently than I can.

And so, was it all for a one-off show in memory of their label boss Ahmet Ertegun? Come on. With a synergy like this going on, it would be an act of cosmic perversity to stop now.

Cosmic perversity. Now thats what I'm talking about. They owe us a tour.

BD

P.S. Come on Robert. Show us some love.

Well, I dunno about "OWE"... but personally I think that if Plant is gonna play 50% ZEP material with those HACKS "the Strange Sensation" on his "SOLO" tours, then he should frikin kiss and make up with Jimmy and GO ON TOUR. Dont say its all about your NEW material, cuz it isnt! It never will be, it never has been...80% of all of the fans at the PLANT concert were all wearing ZEP T-shirts. So come on Robert, EVERYONE KNOWS you have a had a SOLO career, give the rest of us a chance and go on tour. And also I have NO INTEREST whatsoever in the Alison Kraus "thing"...even tho she is amazingly talented. I just ...ya know...dont care.

Well, I dunno about "OWE"... but personally I think that if Plant is gonna play 50% ZEP material with those HACKS "the Strange Sensation" on his "SOLO" tours, then he should frikin kiss and make up with Jimmy and GO ON TOUR. Dont say its all about your NEW material, cuz it isnt! It never will be, it never has been...80% of all of the fans at the PLANT concert were all wearing ZEP T-shirts. So come on Robert, EVERYONE KNOWS you have a had a SOLO career, give the rest of us a chance and go on tour. And also I have NO INTEREST whatsoever in the Alison Kraus "thing"...even tho she is amazingly talented. I just ...ya know...dont care.

Robert's decision not to tour has nothing to do with making up with Page. He's always been about moving forward musically and if he's done something, he's not so interested in repeating it but building on it and going in a new direction, such as this collaboration with Alison Krauss. I would hardly call Strange Sensation hacks. Have you seen them live? They're a phenomenal band and the two albums they did with Robert are some of his best work to date.

Because Page was always the musical genius behind Led Zeppelin and if him and JPJ want to do this and if Jason also wants to, he could do it for them! He may have made it without Jimmy-just maybe. But he never would have been as big as the likes of Led Zeppelin and been as big as groups like the Beatles and Stones without Page

They were ALL musical geniuses behind Zep. The band wouldn't be what it was if one of them weren't in it.

In my opinion, wanting them to tour is one thing. Demanding it or saying they owe it to anyone is wrong. It's their life and how they choose to live it isn't for us to demand. They're quite aware i'm sure that millions of fans wanted to see them and would love to see them tour. But it has to be what they want to do and if they choose not to, it's their perogative.

BinaryDeath

Just curious.....

What will you do if they do indeed tour and you can't get tickets?

I'll die knowing I tried. But if others see them with one last tour it would be enough for me. I could always play their songs with my band. That and 50 cent I could get a cup of coffee.

Thanks for asking.

BD

Like most contributors here I think it is rather impertinent to talk about "owing" -- who are we to tell Robert what to do? If they decide to give us more, great, but we should also respect Robert's hesitation, whatever his reasons.

The only thing we can say is PLEASE ROBERT!!

THERE ARE SO MANY OF US OUT THERE WHO HAVE NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO HEAR YOU LIVE (NOT ONLY YOUNGSTERS, ALSO WE POOR MIDDLEAGED DIEHARD FANS FROM NON UK EUROPE) THAT YOU WOULD MAKE A WHOLE WORLD OF MUSIC LOVERS VERY HAPPPY. WE HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR MUSIC OVER THE YEARS AND WE STILL ADMIRE IT. IT WOULD BE OUR ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE. PLEASE ROBERT, DO COME!!

Archived