Earls Court

Arcadium

Hi all,

I intend to add the classic May 24 concert to my collection and would like to know from you experts

the DEFINATE CD Sondboard Version. As far as I'm concerned there are only the Watchtower (to be a Rock...) or the EV Valley version . What's the diff. between them? Thanks for input folks!

I have 7 releases of this show, and personally prefer the Genuine Masters "Court Jesters" over the WT and EVSD releases.

Lunacy, how would you rate the "Led Zeppelin & The Holy Grail" from Earl's Court May 25, 1975 show? Just wondering, I'll be getting a copy in a trade soon and can't wait to hear it! It will be my first Earls Court show :huh:

TIA!

Lunacy, how would you rate the "Led Zeppelin & The Holy Grail" from Earl's Court May 25, 1975 show? Just wondering, I'll be getting a copy in a trade soon and can't wait to hear it! It will be my first Earls Court show :huh:

TIA!

What you are getting is a DVD synced with Genuine Masters "Final Court" audio.

Personally, I think video wise the best one is EVSD's "Demand Unprecedented in the History of Music". The best audio - "When We Were Kings," also by EVSD.

"King Jimmy & the West Bromwich Blues Band" (Bluecongo Matrix) is also very good.

What you are getting is a DVD synced with Genuine Masters "Final Court" audio.

Personally, I think video wise the best one is EVSD's "Demand Unprecedented in the History of Music". The best audio - "When We Were Kings," also by EVSD.

"King Jimmy & the West Bromwich Blues Band" (Bluecongo Matrix) is also very good.

Many thanks Lunacy! It's amazing to me the complexities of all of this, I'm just learning. Anyway, I'm really excited to receive this show!

Personally, I think video wise the best one is EVSD's "Demand Unprecedented in the History of Music".

I second that. I have the Demanded Unprecedented video and it is great.

Medhb, if you are interested I can send you a copy.

I second that. I have the Demanded Unprecedented video and it is great.

Medhb, if you are interested I can send you a copy.

That would be awesome Amazonic! PM me and we'll work out a deal of sorts!

Many Thanks!!!

Ive been acquiring Earls Court Boots over the last week and so far ive not been too impressed with quality, in all of them there is almost no bass, very flat. The guitar is very high pitch/tone as well.

From the 24th I have Demand Unprecidented EVSD, Audio

From the 25th I have the Blue Congo matrix and also Demand Unprecidented

Edited by EzyEric

I picked up a CD at a recent record fair called "Earl's Frickin' Court" that has all of the 24th and...ahem..."selected tracks" from the 25th. (incl. "Stairway", "That's the Way", "Going to California", "Tangerine", "IMTOD", and "Trampled Underfoot". Oh and it's a PERFECTLY mixed soundboard, too!

Hi all,

I intend to add the classic May 24 concert to my collection and would like to know from you experts

the DEFINATE CD Sondboard Version. As far as I'm concerned there are only the Watchtower (to be a Rock...) or the EV Valley version . What's the diff. between them? Thanks for input folks!

You should, the best DVD version of Earl's Court 24 May 1975 is released by the Empress Valley Supreme Disc 2005. The picture and sound quality is incredible. ROCK ON!

You should, the best DVD version of Earl's Court 24 May 1975 is released by the Empress Valley Supreme Disc 2005. The picture and sound quality is incredible. ROCK ON!

It would also help if I give you the name of the 2005 Empress Valley Supreme Disc 3-DVD set. The title of it is HEAVY METAL KIDS! ROCK ON!

That's the one I have. I'm happy with it, but I'm not sure what the rest are like. As far as audio goes, I seem to be on the never ending quest to find good sound quality shows of the 17th, 18th, and 23rd. The ones I have aren't the greatest quality especially in comparison to the 24th and 25th which are amazing.

That's the one I have. I'm happy with it, but I'm not sure what the rest are like. As far as audio goes, I seem to be on the never ending quest to find good sound quality shows of the 17th, 18th, and 23rd. The ones I have aren't the greatest quality especially in comparison to the 24th and 25th which are amazing.

I have the same problem that you have. It seems that the 24 and 25 May 1975 performances are the only great picture and sound quality available. ROCK ON!

• 4 weeks later...
I was there that night. *cough* :D

Me too, queued for hours for tickets and then they put on the other 2 shows and my cousin who got a job at EC at the time got me a ticket for 17 May as well as it was my birthday. Only one ticket so I went on my own (well 15000 odd other people I didn't know were there) both nights good seats about 20 rows back in the main arena.

I quite like all the Earls Court dates, I think I have most of them pretty much complete in one form or another (sometimes MP3 is better than nothing). Was the second and third time I saw them, Alexandra Palace in 72 was the first time and second Knebworth date the last.

Makes me feel old when I think how long ago it was.

Me too, queued for hours for tickets and then they put on the other 2 shows and my cousin who got a job at EC at the time got me a ticket for 17 May as well as it was my birthday. Only one ticket so I went on my own (well 15000 odd other people I didn't know were there) both nights good seats about 20 rows back in the main arena.

I quite like all the Earls Court dates, I think I have most of them pretty much complete in one form or another (sometimes MP3 is better than nothing). Was the second and third time I saw them, Alexandra Palace in 72 was the first time and second Knebworth date the last.

Makes me feel old when I think how long ago it was.

Off all the shows and tours apart from the first tour I would love to have been at the Court shows, its my fave part of the official DVD :). It nust off been great to have been there !