Is Robert Plant left-handed?

Came across a list of famous left-handed people, and to my surprise, Robert was on the list! Now, I have seen pics of him with a guitar, and he's holding it the way a right-handed guitarist would, so I just figured that he is a rightie. But then I remember reading somewhere that Joe Perry of Aerosmith is left-handed but plays guitar right-handed (which sounds strange to me but I guess it could be true).

Anybody know for sure? (I guess anyone who's gotten an autograph in person would know).

Came across a list of famous left-handed people, and to my surprise, Robert was on the list! Anybody know for sure? (I guess anyone who's gotten an autograph in person would know).

Robert Plant is RIGHT-HANDED

RickAndRobert2005b.jpg

"Robert Plant signs autograph for Rick Barrett in Tulsa, Oklahoma (March 2005)"

I'm a leftie who plays guitar right-handed. Besides Joe Perry, isn't there at least one major heavy guitar hero with this configuration? I feel sure there is, but I can't think of a name. BTW it's not uncommon for lefties to play, throw, bowl, hit, whatever (just not write!) in the right-handed fashion.

EDIT: ok, I found a partial list of notable guitarists who are left-handed but play guitar right-handed:

Paul Simon

B.B. King

Noel Gallagher

Robert Fripp

Mark Knopfler

Came across a list of famous left-handed people, and to my surprise, Robert was on the list! Now, I have seen pics of him with a guitar, and he's holding it the way a right-handed guitarist would, so I just figured that he is a rightie. But then I remember reading somewhere that Joe Perry of Aerosmith is left-handed but plays guitar right-handed (which sounds strange to me but I guess it could be true).

Anybody know for sure? (I guess anyone who's gotten an autograph in person would know).

Not sure if Robert is a lefty, but looks like Mr. Jones took care of that question.

I can tell you that most people hold the guitar the same way, regardless if they are right or left handed.

Some lefties do feel more comfortable holding the guitar the other way.

I'm a lefty and I feel most comfortable holding it the way a right handed person would because my left hand is stronger and it's easier to manipulate making it the perfect hand to hold down cords.

Not saying it's helped my playing any. :huh:

I can tell you that most people hold the guitar the same way, regardless if they are right or left handed.

Some lefties do feel more comfortable holding the guitar the other way.

I'm a lefty and I feel most comfortable holding it the way a right handed person would because my left hand is stronger and it's easier to manipulate making it the perfect hand to hold down cords.

Not saying it's helped my playing any. :huh:

That's an interesting point, Tyedye, it makes sense- and who knows, maybe it's why Joe Perry, BB King and other lefties use their left hand as the fret hand too.

That's an interesting point, Tyedye, it makes sense- and who knows, maybe it's why Joe Perry, BB King and other lefties use their left hand as the fret hand too.

Robert also plays tennis and guitar right-handed. Holding a mic in his left hand may

connote he prefers to use his dominate hand to emote, as opposed to proof of true

ambidexterity.

• 1 year later...

Archived