IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR

this is my least favourite zeppelin album

apart from *carouselambra*, which i know alot of people dont like

theres only *i'm gonna crawl* that i care for

the guitar on *hot dog* especially on the playout sounds sloppy to me

the rest of the album i find quite unremarkable

I think it takes particular circs in one's life to make one appreciate it entirely.

• 1 month later...
To me, Fool in the Rain is not only the best song on this album, but one of the most unheralded songs Led Zeppelin ever did. It is a great great song.

I agree, except that In the Evening is even better. :D

I love the whole album, plus it was responsible for my winning a "Guess the Intro" contest this Christmas, how could I not love it? B)

Love the album! Hot Dog and All My Love I could do without, but they're definitely listenable...the rest are great, though. Robert could still belt out the shrieks as on I'm Gonna Crawl...

Im gonna crawl is one of the best zep songs ever. whats wrong with all of my love? Its a nice song about roberts dead son. Hot dog is just fun. Fool in the rain is great and has a genius arrangement.

now, in the evening, south bound suarez,....these songs are weak

Im gonna crawl is one of the best zep songs ever. whats wrong with all of my love? Its a nice song about roberts dead son. Hot dog is just fun. Fool in the rain is great and has a genius arrangement.

now, in the evening, south bound suarez,....these songs are weak

I love In the Evening. I'm Gonna Crawl to me is extremely moving. The slow bluesy feel of it plus it was the last song on the album and the last studio album they did - so it's just always stirred up a lot of emotion listening to it.

I love this album. The production sounds great, the drums etc. There are different styles in music the never tried before and i don´t have a problem with JP being not so dominant.

Of course you can´t compare with albums like Led Zep III of PG. ITTOD is totally different from them, but this doesn´t mean that it is worse.

It stands as one of the best Zeppelin albums.

In The Evening and Carouselambra are two of their best tunes.

I'm Gonna crawl is a great blues song.

Plant's vocals were awesome.

Wearing and Tearing, Ozone Baby and Darlene were recorded during these sessions.

When ITTOD was released, all previous Zeppelin albums went up the Billboard 200 charts.

The album shows they finished as strong as they started.

"In Through The Out Door" is considered by many Rock critics to be ZEPPELIN'S less inspired album to date. I remembered when the album was released in 1979, the critics hated it. In my opinion, when you think about it years later, "In Through The Out Door" was a very underrated album. That album was recorded by the band with pure heart and emotion ALONE! Then again, NO ONE figured that ZEPPELIN would ever record an album again in 1978-79 considering the circumstances along with the belief that the critics believed that ZEPPELIN was washed up and finished. LED ZEPPELIN proved the critics wrong THEN just like they did NOW! ROCK ON!

When did the critics ever like a new Zeppelin release? :huh: Their first three albums were panned by most critics who considered them a 'hype' band, hence resulting in the untitled fourth album having no information except the 4 symbols, an intentional snub to the critics. Also too ITTOD was originally released in a brown paper bag which i believe was also directed at the critics... B)

Actually Zeppelin is the only group about which I can honestly say that I like every album and every track without an exception.This of course includes In Through The Outdoor which is rather underestimated in my opinion.There are some great songs there such as All My Love,Carouselambra ,I'm Gonna Crawl,Hot Dog.It really isn't Zep's most popular album but still,it definitely deserves attention.

Sorry to say I never have. I have never heard Pearl Jam. Im an old school guy. Led Zepp, Stones, the Who., Eagles, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys and even Sinatra. I am very hesitant to listen to new rock as Ive heard so much garbage I kind of gave up. I even hate Metallica.

Did you ever hear Robert and Pearl Jam's performance and if so, what did you think of it?

It's average, neither Robert nor Eddie knew the lyrics to the song. They had to use a lyric sheet to get through it. You can find it on youtube.

Sorry to say I never have. I have never heard Pearl Jam. Im an old school guy. Led Zepp, Stones, the Who., Eagles, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys and even Sinatra. I am very hesitant to listen to new rock as Ive heard so much garbage I kind of gave up. I even hate Metallica.

New music? Pearl Jam are over a decade old, and have many classic rock influences... and they're great musicians.

It's average, neither Robert nor Eddie knew the lyrics to the song. They had to use a lyric sheet to get through it. You can find it on youtube.

It's the first time Robert sang the song live so not surprising he had the lyrics written out, especially since they had little rehearsal time I'm assuming with Robert on the road at that point.

It's the first time Robert sang the song live so not surprising he had the lyrics written out, especially since they had little rehearsal time I'm assuming with Robert on the road at that point.

Eddie Vedder sang about half of it. Robert sang the other half so they can know what the lines were. After the song they threw the lyrics sheet to the crowd. The best performance from the show was probably Thank You though.

Eddie Vedder sang about half of it. Robert sang the other half so they can know what the lines were. After the song they threw the lyrics sheet to the crowd. The best performance from the show was probably Thank You though.

I liked it though I really enjoyed their versions of Little Sister and Money.

Archived