ROCK MARRIAGE HALL OF FAMERS

I certainly would have added John Paul Jones and Mo to this list. If he were still with us, I imagine that John and Pat Bonham would be on the list too. Rock marriages are so tough. I know two women who married into the "rock world" - neither of their marriages lasted and, as glamorous as it might seem to some of us, they both told me how incredibly tough it was for them to be on the other side.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/getback/7...page=2#comments

...perhaps the top of the list!

1971StrawHatinRickmansworth002.jpg

1971StrawHatinRickmansworth001.jpg

1971StrawHatinRickmansworth003.jpg

"At Home"

The Straw Hat in Rickmansworth, England (1971)

No doubt. I love those photos. I wonder if theirs is the longest lasting rock marriage. I can't remember which tour it was ('77?) but someone told me that for at least part of one of the band's U.S. tours, JPJ brought his family here to the U.S. so they could tour this country as a family. I don't know if that is true or not - just something I remember hearing.

Edited to add: I thought they have three daughters. ???

What ever you think about their music, John and Yoko were in love.

And what about Paul and Linda?

Patti Smith and Fred "Sonic" Smith!

Sad to think they have all been seperated by the inevitable "death do us part".

Gotta go kiss my wife!

I can't remember which tour it was ('77?) but someone told me that for at least part of one of the band's U.S. tours, JPJ brought his family here to the U.S. so they could tour this country as a family. I don't know if that is true or not - just something I remember hearing.

Edited to add: I thought they have three daughters. ???

It is absolutely true! JPJ was accompanied by his family on the second leg of the '77 tour. They traveled separately in a Winnebago, JPJ at the wheel, and slipped quietly

out of the Bay Area during the aftermath of the "last brawl".

Few realize Mo accompanied John on Led Zeppelin's first flight to North America, which arrived at Newark International on 12/23/68. They spent that Christmas with Madelaine Bell's parents (the rest of the band continued on towards relaxation in Los Angeles) before rejoining everyone in Denver for the first U.S. gig (12/28/68).

JPJ & Mo are indeed the proud parents of three daughters.

The rock n roll marriage hall of fame.

Yeah,I'm assuming.The "rock n roll marriage hall of fame"-which is just as much,if not more of-a joke than the actual one,is most likely basing it on how long the people have stayed married,not if anyone cheated.

if there was cheating going on in the marriage at any point do those marriages still qualify??

The obvious answer is 'Yes'. They are clearly committed to each other through thick and thin. Whether or not both parties have been faithful isn't our business.

The obvious answer is 'Yes'. They are clearly committed to each other through thick and thin. Whether or not both parties have been faithful isn't our business.

I don't think it's obvious. I don't think it's a good marriage if any cheating happened. Putting up with cheating is nothing to admire. I doubt those dudes were faithful their entire marriage. And it could be that those women just don't want to divorce their golden goose.

Tom Jones has been married for years and years and years. But he to this day hooks up with women on the side.

I don't think it's obvious. I don't think it's a good marriage if any cheating happened. Putting up with cheating is nothing to admire. I doubt those dudes were faithful their entire marriage. And it could be that those women just don't want to divorce their golden goose.

Tom Jones has been married for years and years and years. But he to this day hooks up with women on the side.

That's your opinion Spats. In relationships forgivness and understanding are often qualities that will support that relationship and make it stronger. Certainly the majority of people agree with you but also most certainly all do not. So what difference is it to you what's between two people that have been together and remained together for so many years? At any time each party could have chosen to bail but didn't. Because they LOVE each other even though they have human flaws and aren't perfect.

That's your opinion Spats. In relationships forgivness and understanding are often qualities that will support that relationship and make it stronger. Certainly the majority of people agree with you but also most certainly all do not. So what difference is it to you what's between two people that have been together and remained together for so many years? At any time each party could have chosen to bail but didn't. Because they LOVE each other even though they have human flaws and aren't perfect.

I couldn't have said it better.

Agreed.

Archived