Olympic closing video from NBC/AOL

Somebody mentioned that YouTube shut down the video link for the closing ceremony. Not sure if this has circulated (I can't possibly go through 53 pages of threads again), but here you go. It's better quality than YouTube, too.

NBC/AOL Olympic Closing Ceremony w. Jimmy and friends

How's it going "zeptangerine?" I am so glad that I recorded the Jimmy Page / Leona Lewis segment on a DVD-R so I can watch it for many years to come until the London Olympic Games in 2012. ROCK ON!

How's it going "zeptangerine?" I am so glad that I recorded the Jimmy Page / Leona Lewis segment on a DVD-R so I can watch it for many years to come until the London Olympic Games in 2012. ROCK ON!

Hey, where have you been? I don't subscribe to the DVD-R function, but I really like this video's quality better than YouTube's. Others may be in the same bus- er boat- as me.

Take care! :D

What was up with NBC's sound that night? Costas was waaay louder than Lewis or Pagey's guitar!

Other networks that I've heard were even worse, sound-wise. They all took the sound from the stadium (thus horrific cavernous echo) rather than having some kind of more direct feed. I wonder how Pagey feels about it: he's such a perfectionist. Maybe Leona will release the studio version as a single, then we can hear it the way they intended it. 'Twould be nice.

Somebody mentioned that YouTube shut down the video link for the closing ceremony. Not sure if this has circulated (I can't possibly go through 53 pages of threads again), but here you go. It's better quality than YouTube, too.

Thank you for posting that.

I was beggining to fear that I wasn't gettting enough 'cheese' in my diet.

cheeseman.jpg

sorry Kneb, I couldn't resist.

:D

Marmorek,

Each country's Olympic broadcast rights holder should have a similar video depending on where you are - CBC for Canada, BBC for Great Britain or Eurosport for most of Western Europe, etc...

But CBC.ca doesn't have HD video ... which was the main reason for watching NBC instead of YouTube. :mellow:

Enjoed the NBC version on their Olympics site. Sounds much better than on TV. I guess this was the live feed and Leonas vocals seemed to be synched up much better.

Is there an audio version of WLL without any of the broadcasters voiceovers? If so PM me. Thanks.

What was up with NBC's sound that night? Costas was waaay louder than Lewis or Pagey's guitar!

:o Same here,sound seemed low and digital skip on the video. I did get to watch on my HiDef Plasma though :D

Probably saving the quality stuff for the DVD.

Enjoed the NBC version on their Olympics site. Sounds much better than on TV. I guess this was the live feed and Leonas vocals seemed to be synched up much better.

Is there an audio version of WLL without any of the broadcasters voiceovers? If so PM me. Thanks.

The BBC broadcast it without a voiceover................but only on TV.

Archived