Stock Market Meltdown!

I have got a horsey

Hi all,

Ya know what bigstick?I totally f *&^%$ 'in agree! :burp:

KB

I thought the way both McCain and Obama handled this situation was pathetic. Especially Obama, who made it clear he was one of "top architects" of the bill, yet it does little to change what happens on Wall Street. A slap on the wrist to CEOs. HA! What did you really expect? The Democrats as a whole really blundered this one, especially with Pelosi and Reid up there Sunday night sucking each other off infront of the world, calling the "eminent signing" a good thing.

Like I said before, get rid of the fuckin' lot. We don't need them. They do nothing for the American people. This just continues to show us. "The plan isn't our best, but its what we have to work with." Isn't your best? Then what the hell are you doing in Congress if you won't do your best to save the economy? Is it because if everything collapses, you'll still be well off?

This whole mess shows that both sides of government, Republicans and Democrats, continue to fail to break from the big wig corporations that puppet them around and call the shots. It's embarrassing to the world that our government can't agree on saving face, and we the American people have pretty much given up on them. Nuke 'em. Start over with a clean slate.

Wow. what a different business media from yesterday to today. jim kramer seemed calm on his show, saying the market is correcting itself.

i dont think i talked to anyone in the last five years that didnt know the housing market had to correct itself. dont watch the business news alot, but whoever called the sub prime lending while prices were driven so high, they sure called it.

So explain to me how cutting taxes and cutting back the Government is going to improve life in America...
If you can decrease taxes on everybody, they have more spending money. They will be able to spend more on everything they need to survive. They will have more to spend on private health care and to pay off their home. If there are less taxes, mroe reposnbility falls on the citizen, as opposed to the government. They are more in control with what happens to their life financially.

Will that be a problem for some problem? Yes. You can't fix stupid.

Do people want that? Not in America it seems. We want everything without the consequences. Easier to blame the evil government for the failures of the economy.

Back to your point. How does increasing taxes make it better for people?

If you can decrease taxes on everybody, they have more spending money. They will be able to spend more on everything they need to survive. They will have more to spend on private health care and to pay off their home. If there are less taxes, mroe reposnbility falls on the citizen, as opposed to the government. They are more in control with what happens to their life financially.

Will that be a problem for some problem? Yes. You can't fix stupid.

Do people want that? Not in America it seems. We want everything without the consequences. Easier to blame the evil government for the failures of the economy.

Back to your point. How does increasing taxes make it better for people?

Ya know what? I have no children yet I pay taxes to educate EVERYONE's children! My city taxes aren't going down no matter what so now you're telling me that a tax cut I'll be in better control of my financial situation? How much money do you think you and I would gain from a either McCains or Obamas tax proposals. I'll answer that for you...none! And even if I did receive a tax cut it's not going to make a dent in my home mortgage!

Now lets see...we're already in debt up to our ears to the Chinese for our little war in Iraq. At the same time our infrustructure hasn't been updated in decades. What are we going to do when the overpasses and bridges and train tressels start falling to the ground? Who is going to pay for that? Shall we borrow some more money from the Chinese? Financial independence means WE as AMERICANS have to pay for our own shit!!

We have to stop spending money on bullshit and start spending it where it is critical to our survival.

Just think about that before you answer please.

So explain to me how cutting taxes and cutting back the Government is going to improve life in America...

During the first year you reduce the budget to nothing but bare bones to cover only services for fire, police, sanitation, the very young, the frail elderly and the severely disabled. You allow everyone else to manage their lives independently.

During the second year you fund services and projects of the greatest need, which you will identify very easily during the first year. Those will be the services and projects that the nation most values after the basic government services.

During successive years you endeavor to balance the budget, sort of the way a storeowner balances the cash register at the close of the day.

Your mission should you choose to accept it would result in a more stable economy.

Ya know what? I have no children yet I pay taxes to educate EVERYONE's children! My city taxes aren't going down no matter what so now you're telling me that a tax cut I'll be in better control of my financial situation? How much money do you think you and I would gain from a either McCains or Obamas tax proposals. I'll answer that for you...none! And even if I did receive a tax cut it's not going to make a dent in my home mortgage!
My parents sent me to a $8,000/year private school for the first 9 years of my life and sent 3 other kids to that same school for the same amount of time. Liberals would have you believe that they still owed everyone else $6,000 for public schooling from their taxes every single one of those years. But guess how much they got from the government in return? Zilch. Fucking nothing. They sent my ass and my siblings to school out of their own damn wallets and got no help, and yet they're still expected to pay for other people's kids?? That's absolute bull shit. You better believe I stand for tax cuts for people who send their kids to private schooling. Private schools are generally better for education anyways (at least where I grew up) and I wonder why? Perhaps because it's PRIVATIZED?!? Public schooling isn't working. Tax cuts for those who send their kids to private schools would educate this country a hell of a lot better.

Now lets see...we're already in debt up to our ears to the Chinese for our little war in Iraq. At the same time our infrustructure hasn't been updated in decades. What are we going to do when the overpasses and bridges and train tressels start falling to the ground? Who is going to pay for that? Shall we borrow some more money from the Chinese? Financial independence means WE as AMERICANS have to pay for our own shit!!
Agreed

We have to stop spending money on bullshit and start spending it where it is critical to our survival.

Just think about that before you answer please.

Define "critical to our survival"? We all have the ability to survive on our own. That's not the government's job. It's their to protect the rights of every citizen, but not to just keep us going individually. We are responsible for ourselves. This world would be better off if people understood that.

During the first year you reduce the budget to nothing but bare bones to cover only services for fire, police, sanitation, the very young, the frail elderly and the severely disabled. You allow everyone else to manage their lives independently.

During the second year you fund services and projects of the greatest need, which you will identify very easily during the first year. Those will be the services and projects that the nation most values after the basic government services.

During successive years you endeavor to balance the budget, sort of the way a storeowner balances the cash register at the close of the day.

Your mission should you choose to accept it would result in a more stable economy.

That's just the fallacy that economic materialism is the way forward.

The whole 'cutting back taxes' thing is a myth, because, as in Communist countries, there is no proof of it ever working without it floating on a pool of human poverty.

The whole 'cutting back taxes' thing is a myth, because, as in Communist countries, there is no proof of it ever working without it floating on a pool of human poverty.

And Communism has never been proven to work without anything but human poverty...

Private schools are generally better for education anyways (at least where I grew up) and I wonder why? Perhaps because it's PRIVATIZED?!? Public schooling isn't working. Tax cuts for those who send their kids to private schools would educate this country a hell of a lot better.

oh Bullshit. Public schools in my country work perfectly well, they just don't work well in America because Americans won't invest in public education. Two of the best schools in my city are public schools, over the posh private schools. I went to a private school, that was 'privatized' and I got no better an education than if I had gone to a public school. The only difference between private and public schools in this country is either religious needs or the snobbery factor...

oh Bullshit. Public schools in my country work perfectly well, they just don't work well in America because Americans won't invest in public education. Two of the best schools in my city are public schools, over the posh private schools. I went to a private school, that was 'privatized' and I got no better an education than if I had gone to a public school. The only difference between private and public schools in this country is either religious needs or the snobbery factor...

I'm not talking about Australian schools now am I? :rolleyes:

The colleges in this country think more highly of private schools and rightly so. My friend from elementary school had the same credentials as another friend of mine. He went to De La Salle (private) and my friend went to Eisenhower (public). DLS dude got into U of M and MSU, Eisenhower dude got into neither.

Oh, and are you joking? We do invest in public schools. It's just not working. Some of the nicest, best-looking high schools I've ever visited were all within an hour of me and they were public. I'm talking huge high schools. But they still weren't churning out enough decent students. Private schools do, otherwise they just kick you out. Too many idiots go to public schools.

It's just for the first year so you could identify the essentials and the most valued services and projects, allow everyone else to function independently for a change, and eliminate the fluff spending.

You would have a much clearer vision of what you would need to spend for and what you could postpone, and you would obtain a better value for the tax dollar. People would appreciate that, especially in these times of pork barrel spending.

Yes go on roll you eyes...

Now explain to me why we can get public education working but you can't...

First of all, I don't know whether or not yours do. I only have your word...and that's not nearly enough.

Secondly, are you implying that the way we work is exactly the same?

Why can democracy work in some areas of the world and not others?

First of all, I don't know whether or not yours do. I only have your word...and that's not nearly enough.

the feeling is mutual

Secondly, are you implying that the way we work is exactly the same?

No it's just we who live in other parts of the world are always hearing from Americans how your country is the greatest in the world or even the greatest in history...and yet you can't get public education working...funny that.

the feeling is mutual

No it's just we who live in other parts of the world are always hearing from Americans how your country is the greatest in the world or even the greatest in history...and yet you can't get public education working...funny that.

I think perhaps we Americans are going to be learning some tough lessons... let me rephrase that... I think we Americans are going to be given the opportunity to learn some important lessons from some tough times.

~~~~~~~

As for the folks who gripe about their taxes paying for the public education of kids even though they don't have any kids...

Those kids will become our cops, teachers, fast food managers, car mechanics, construction crews, elected leaders, civil engineers, rocket scientists, hairdressers, etc. etc. etc. We ALL, whether we have kids of our own or not, have a stake in the education of our children.

Archived