Presidential Debate

danelectro59

As I said, a very weak position chosen by people who have nowhere else to go. I left off the adjectives "ugly and vicious", but you reveal yourself to an alarming degree with your post, my friend.

I have plenty of places left to go. Like why don't you explain your choice of words when you said "lily white people?" Why do you use such offensive and biggoted language?

You also didn't respond to the point I made about Biden's comments about Indian people who work in convenience stores. Don't you think that was rude and biggoted language coming from Senator Biden?

I'd like to hear your comments on that?

Still waiting for you to explain McCain's behavior towards Obama. It was on view for the whole world to see, sparky...

No, you made the charge of RACISM when it came to your interpretation of McCain's body language during the debate. You are the one making the charges, so you are the one who needs to do the explaining not me. I have no opinion on McCain's body language, but what I am sure of is that he has neither said anything or done anything that would lead me to see the charge of racism as you have claimed.

You either need to explain that charge or withdraw it. Just because there is a white canidate having an adversarial debate with a black canidate does not automatically mean that there is any racism involved.

You are the one who needs to contemplate the color of the spectacles that you are viewing the world through.

Yeah I have to agree with this, yes there still is racism and bigotry but the slave debate is worn out and long past it's time. IMO :coffee:

I would suggest that women, mostly in Arabic countries, are still treated as second class citizens. So If Mr. Obama and his cohorts would like to point that him being president will help ease racism. I would think Ms. Palin as VP, is much more important on a world front than Obama as POTUS.

One liberal wrote, "It would be a great day when a kid in iran reads the paper and sees that a man with a name like his, is the most powerful man in the world."

Thats why Obama is wrong, because his supporters care more about the people in this world who hates us, than the ones who live in and love America.

Even still, Im not sure if obama ever face racism. This is a black man who got into an Ivy league school (most likely because he checked African American box).

I would suggest that women, mostly in Arabic countries, are still treated as second class citizens. So If Mr. Obama and his cohorts would like to point that him being president will help ease racism. I would think Ms. Palin as VP, is much more important on a world front than Obama as POTUS.

One liberal wrote, "It would be a great day when a kid in iran reads the paper and sees that a man with a name like his, is the most powerful man in the world."

Thats why Obama is wrong, because his supporters care more about the people in this world who hates us, than the ones who live in and love America.

Even still, Im not sure if obama ever face racism. This is a black man who got into an Ivy league school (most likely because he checked African American box).

What do you mean PB? "Care" like how Republicans "care" about saving Iraqis from a brutal dictator and then using taxpayers' childrens' money to pay to rebuild what was destroyed during the process of freeing them?

And your not sure if Barack ever face racism? I'm assuming that's faced or faces... Look at your comment after that. That's racism, so yes, I suppose it's racism from people such as yourself. You don't just get into Harvard and become first black President of the Harvard Law Review because you checked the African American box.

I have plenty of places left to go. Like why don't you explain your choice of words when you said "lily white people?" Why do you use such offensive and biggoted language?

You also didn't respond to the point I made about Biden's comments about Indian people who work in convenience stores. Don't you think that was rude and biggoted language coming from Senator Biden?

I'd like to hear your comments on that?

No, you made the charge of RACISM when it came to your interpretation of McCain's body language during the debate. You are the one making the charges, so you are the one who needs to do the explaining not me. I have no opinion on McCain's body language, but what I am sure of is that he has neither said anything or done anything that would lead me to see the charge of racism as you have claimed.

You either need to explain that charge or withdraw it. Just because there is a white canidate having an adversarial debate with a black canidate does not automatically mean that there is any racism involved.

You are the one who needs to contemplate the color of the spectacles that you are viewing the world through.

I don't need to do anything. I found McCain's behavior disturbing and RACIST. Simple as that. I don't have to prove a thing, it's how I took it. I added a couple of other points, such as his supporter's attack of Gwen Ifill for being a black reporter reporting on black politicians, and his pandering, cynical choice of a right-wing white woman as a running mate.

Who do you think Palin's meant to appeal to, the black man? The black single mother in the 'hood? The folks on the 'Rez?

If you don't know the percentage of lily white people who are Republicans you need to do some looking around. Some of these people have stated out loud, in 2008, to reporters: "I can't vote for a black man." They are racist, and that's how they're voting. Oh, they're also white. Pure coincidence, is that what you're saying? Racism is dead, the problem is cured?

And you think I'm crazy?

If you think I'm alone, here's a clip from Jimmy Kimmel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BSaMQV3ct8

You barely answer a single question I've put to you, now it's your turn. What explains McCain's behavior towards Obama? Saying "oh, I didn't think nothing of it" is just weak.

Why did McCain select an intellectually challenged, evangelical, moose-hunting, wolf-killing, drill-drill-drill, photogenic female with very little experience to be his running mate? There are several accomplished, intelligent women who have paid their dues in the Misogynist, er excuse, me the Republican party.

Looking forward to a thoughtful response...

Why did McCain select an intellectually challenged, evangelical, moose-hunting, wolf-killing, drill-drill-drill, photogenic female with very little experience to be his running mate? There are several accomplished, intelligent women who have paid their dues in the Misogynist, er excuse, me the Republican party.

Her being evangelical helped secure hard right-wing votes.

She is not drill-drill-drill, perhaps you should do some research.

As far as experience goes, the same could be said of Obama, so that's a terrible argument for you to use.

It was actually the Bush Administration's policies the last eight years, and their desire to keep us spending millions of dollars each month (outside the U.S.A.) who are at fault for a country in ruins. The war Bush keeps us in bankruptcy over. Your administration, Mr. Republican, has weakened America's defenses. His supporters care more about "the world" (or at least the Middle East, where we no longer belong spending millions of dollars we don't even have), while the majority of Americans are now struggling due to the greed and stupidity of those who support GWB and want more of the same this election. McCain doesn't even have an Economic plan. Everyone who has listened to anything McCain said prior to the Stock Market crisis knows the Economy is one of his "weakest" areas. The Economy, thanks to Bush, is now our "critical" priority. Bush is without argument the WORST President this country has seen. McCain will be the continuation of the nightmare, and the possibility of leaving the nightmare to his incompetent (at best) running mate is another travesty.

It's odd how you point a finger at Obama as someone who wants to repress others, when he has never made any comment that eludes to this statement....

Just your bigotry shining bright Pb.

I don't need to do anything. I found McCain's behavior disturbing and RACIST. Simple as that. I don't have to prove a thing, it's how I took it.

There you go again, using the word 'Racist'. Still a very strong charge, and one that you have been unable or unwilling to prove other than once again claiming that it is your personal opinion. A pretty horrible position to take. McCain does not deserve that charge, and the Obama campaign would not make it either.

I added a couple of other points, such as his supporter's attack of Gwen Ifill for being a black reporter reporting on black politicians, and his pandering, cynical choice of a right-wing white woman as a running mate.

Can you name the people in the McCain campaign who attacked Gwen Ifill? Was this so called attack by the McCain camp something that was their official stand?

Again, YOU ARE LYING. You are making that up. McCain stated that he had full confidence in Gwen Ifill and her professionalism. And as the debate went I would agree 100% with that. Ifill did a great job, better than most in fact.

THEREFORE, YOU ARE A LIAR.

Who do you think Palin's meant to appeal to, the black man? The black single mother in the 'hood? The folks on the 'Rez?

Palin is McCain's choice. Why do you assume that choosing Palin needed to have anything to do with how people in "the hood" or on the "rez" were going to feel?

You are the one who continues to inject race into all of this. You are the one who continues to make racial assumptions.

If you don't know the percentage of lily white people who are Republicans you need to do some looking around. Some of these people have stated out loud, in 2008, to reporters: "I can't vote for a black man." They are racist, and that's how they're voting. Oh, they're also white. Pure coincidence, is that what you're saying? Racism is dead, the problem is cured?

There you go again using racial language when all you had to say was 'whites.' Why do you contstantly have to say"lily white people?" Why do you continue to use racailly charged language? Why is race your only issue?

But since it is your only issue as it applies to McCain; why have you continued to ignore the point I brought up about Joe Biden and his comment about Indian convience store workers?

Why don't you respond to this? Are you going to call Biden a "racist" too?

I don't think you will respond, but I will give you what I think about what Joe Biden said. No, I don't believe that Biden is a racist, not one bit. I think he said something that was wrong, and stereotyped Indian people in far too simple a manner. But I would never say that Biden is a racist for making that stupid remark. That would be an unfair and terrible charge to make. But I will aslo bet that YOU WOULD call McCain or anyone who you don't agree with politically a racist for a similar remark. Obviously you would do that. And mainlly because you are willing to call people like McCain a racist on much less evidence. That makes your position one that is lacking in credibility, and completly biased. And based on your continued use of racial language in this discussion, I would say that is you who has the problem with race more than anyone else.

And you think I'm crazy?

If you think I'm alone, here's a clip from Jimmy Kimmel:

Are you serious? You want people to believe that you aren't a complete kook. But then when it comes time for you to prove a political point on what you are claiming; you provid a clip from the Jimmy Kimmel show.

WTF?

How do I respond to that kind of assclownery? Post a clip from the Three Stooges?

I don't think you are winning the arguement Sunchild that you aren't a nutter.

:whistling:

You barely answer a single question I've put to you, now it's your turn. What explains McCain's behavior towards Obama? Saying "oh, I didn't think nothing of it" is just weak.

When you say behavior you mean his body language, right? But my answer is I don't know. Did he seem a bit stiff and uncomfortable....sure, sort of like Al Gore if you ask me. Was he looking at the moderator more than at Obama -- sure. But McCain has always come off that way in other debates as well. I recall that he was pretty much the same when he was debating in the Republican primaries too. So you can't assume that his 'body language' or his debating style is racist. Unless you think he is a bigot against other white men who are Italian, Mormon or Governors from Arkansas too.

Your theory is absurd. Your assumptions are false. Your accusations have no merit in logic.

You are a liar and a fool.

If you believe that your comment was a "thoughtful" question. One worthy of a "thoughful response." Then you have already lost your arguement.

Trust me, I can flame with the best of them. But in any exchange, wether it is about politics or about a discussion on Robert Plant. You have proven time and time again that it is you who are incapable if intelligent or thoughtful exhanges.

Sorry, but you lose Sunchild.

Del,

Just call Obama anti-american.

You know that calling McCain a racist with no proof, should make Obama antiamerican based on his entire life story pretty simple.

Im not sure if I heard McCain call Obama a N&%$R, but i do know that Obama likes to go to other countries and talk shit about America. He also likes to attend church that likes to talk shit about america, and his best friend in the world, tried to blow America up.

Thats fine, they can run that ad that show McCain not looking at Obama and call him racist. Im sure a simple ad with Rev. Wright will just do good.

Del... you know how much I agree with you politically... but I gotta hand it to ya, that was an epic post. My faith in humanity is restored... and my sense of humor today is much improved. Thank you.

I'm afraid this means you win an anti-asshat award... just this once...

B)

Del... you know how much I agree with you politically... but I gotta hand it to ya, that was an epic post. My faith in humanity is restored... and my sense of humor today is much improved. Thank you.

I'm afraid this means you win an anti-asshat award... just this once...

B)

One can never say that I don't have my clear moments as well.

Thanks Lakey

:D

Del,

Just call Obama anti-american.

You know that calling McCain a racist with no proof, should make Obama antiamerican based on his entire life story pretty simple.

Im not sure if I heard McCain call Obama a N&%$R, but i do know that Obama likes to go to other countries and talk shit about America. He also likes to attend church that likes to talk shit about america, and his best friend in the world, tried to blow America up.

Thats fine, they can run that ad that show McCain not looking at Obama and call him racist. Im sure a simple ad with Rev. Wright will just do good.

best friend?.... facts PB.. let's stick to facts, ok? You have no credible arguement otherwise.

It's not that easy as, no black man today was ever a slave. Do you think slavery just flat out ended for all African Americans in the 1860's? It didn't just all magically end for them. It was the legal beginning of freedom but African Americans were still sold after that and treated terribly.

Oh I see. So they should be treated above everyone because of slavery which in many cases, their own people sold them into?

Where does it end? When do we stop giving people advantages for things that happened decades (to you...or centuries to some) ago?

You're the one who brought up the past by saying your grandparents didn't own slaves.
I was responding to your earlier posts

You make me laugh, if you think that racism against black (and other dark skinned people) ended in 1866.
Did I say it did?

The point, moron, is that black people have REASON (including contemporary, real life, right now reasons) to dislike and distrust white people.
Oh, now the name calling begins :rolleyes: Grow up and get a life darling

Back on topic, so slavery means Blacks should distrust and dislike white people? MLK Jr. would punch you in the mouth for saying that. And if they have REASON to dislike us, then what about the Indians? What about the Japanese because of FDRs treatment of them? What about Mexicans for stealing all their land in the West? What about the Irish for the treatment theey received upon coming here? What about the Chinese for their essential slavework on the Continental Railroad? Hell, should everybody just hate white people because of the past?

Yeah, that would make the world a better place :rolleyes:

All you're doing is giving races reasons to hate. You're just furthering the hate by giving excuses. You're giving people reason to justify their hatred.

Nice..

Just cause it lets you off the hook to pretend there is no discrimination against blacks by whites, doesn't make it so.

Buh-bye now.

I'll let you attempt to rationalize your post now :wave:

Oh I see. So they should be treated above everyone because of slavery which in many cases, their own people sold them into?

Where does it end? When do we stop giving people advantages for things that happened decades (to you...or centuries to some) ago?

I was responding to your comment that no black man alive today was a slave. To which I responded it isn't that simple. I never said they should be treated above everyone. And I certainly don't agree with the direction you want to go with saying they sold each other off. Come on. Yeah, slavery, it was as much their fault as it was the white man?... is that where you're going with that?

It is a gaping hole in this country's history. And with comments like yours, it's easy to see why it's still an issue today.

My comment? I have never nor will I ever promote racism, or for that matter, affirmative action for anyone. I promote absolute equality amongst all races.

That being said, we need to move on as a country, regardless of race. Time to get up and take the reins of life and go where you want with it. But arguing that slavery should still influence actions or mindsets today is stupid. I'm sorry, but I can't listen that argument anymore.

My comment? I have never nor will I ever promote racism, or for that matter, affirmative action for anyone. I promote absolute equality amongst all races.

That being said, we need to move on as a country, regardless of race. Time to get up and take the reins of life and go where you want with it. But arguing that slavery should still influence actions or mindsets today is stupid. I'm sorry, but I can't listen that argument anymore.

Yes, I do believe, your comment.. and I understand equality and the dislike for affirmative action. But with that, I understand it is some people's Grandparents who were slaves. It's been a process and one we are still recovering from obviously.

ADDS: and arguing that slavery does not still influence actions or mindsets is stupid. If your grandparents were slaves, don't you think that directly related to your parents upbringing and then yours?

Yes, I do believe, your comment.. and I understand equality and the dislike for affirmative action. But with that, I understand it is some people's Grandparents who were slaves. It's been a process and one we are still recovering from obviously.
Yes it was a process, but what can we do about it now? It happened. It was horrible. But we cannot keep living in that past, it's time to move on

Archived