Stevie Ray Vaughn

Dzldoc

I was shattered when Stevie left us. I'd seen him just a few months prior. Thought of him a lot this summer when I was in Dallas. Author Craig Hopkins has published a limited edition book on the life & times of SRV. I received mine not long ago and it is simply outstanding:

http://www.stevieray.com/book3info.htm

OH! Thanks for that SAJ! I have the book his roadie, Cutter wrote, signed and numbered which was quite pricey too but not near the quality it sounds like this one is. The cool thing about Cutters was the proceeds went to his Austin Club that supports young blues players in the way that Stevie got his start.

Hmmmmm, I think I may have to fork over that $75 bucks...you're saying it's worth it huh? Yikes, that's a lot of money for a book!

I can't say Cutters book is that good, it's not bad but it's not just about SRV and there is a lot or rambling and non order to the book. Still, I thought I was supporting a good cause and that Stevie would have been pleased.

Thanks for the Music

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan.jpg

"Pride and Joy"

How's it going "Dzldoc" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? "Dzldoc," I'm so glad that you and your family survived the Hurricane crisis, you have balls of steel my friend. I would like to wish the late great STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN a Happy Birthday. In his honor, I played the DVD bootleg STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN & DOUBLE TROUBLE LIVE IN TOKYO, JAPAN 1985 in the early morning hours after I got home from the local bar. STEVIE RAY was hot that night and kicked some serious ass on his guitar. We all miss you STEVIE RAY, R.I.P. STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN. ROCK ON!

Thanks for remembering SRV, Dzldoc. I forgot the date until, when my husband and I were driving on an empty stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere, the local radio station announced the significance of the date and then played a block of SRV's music.

RIP SRV and thanks for all of the beautiful music you left us.

SRVAustin.jpg

Goin' Down

Thanks for remembering SRV, Dzldoc. I forgot the date until, when my husband and I were driving on an empty stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere, the local radio station announced the significance of the date and then played a block of SRV's music.

RIP SRV and thanks for all of the beautiful music you left us.

SRVAustin.jpg

Goin' Down

Thanks for the link MSG. Two of the best players I've ever seen

• 1 year later...

How's it going fellow ZEPPELIN fans! I figured that I would use "Dzldoc's" thread to make this late announcement. STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN'S "B" Day was on 3 October 1954 and I should be ashamed of myself for forgetting it.

STEVIE RAY gave the world so many glorious Rock n' Roll memories that by the time he left this world on 27 August 1990, he left living his life to the very fullest and having no regrets.

I would like to wish STEVIE RAY a Happy Late 55th Birthday and may you rest in peace. STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, Born 3 October 1954, Died on 27 August 1990 at the age of 35.

ROCK ON FOREVER!

• 2 years later...

Archived