Speculations on Plant's next project?

bonzo1026

I think he should front a new band if he won't be touring with Led Zeppelin..i hope he will do an album with a rock/blues sound and drop the country sound (although raising sand is a good album and the live performances are great...)

I will sadly miss the Strange Sensation. :( Although an album with some original material with Alison will be great, I'm looking forward to seeing him work solo again, preferably on rock/blues-based material (of which there's quite a lot that isn't Zeppelin, especially if he wrote some!). He did mention doing something with Justin Adams again too--that I would love.

Edit: Hey, Adi, great minds think alike! ;)

I will sadly miss the Strange Sensation. :( Although an album with some original material with Alison will be great, I'm looking forward to seeing him work solo again, preferably on rock/blues-based material (of which there's quite a lot that isn't Zeppelin, especially if he wrote some!). He did mention doing something with Justin Adams again too--that I would love.

Edit: Hey, Adi, great minds think alike! ;)

:wave: Hey Aquamarine great to know someone is thinking like me in that matter..what you wrote is exactly what i meant in my comment.. i want to hear a bit more of the sound of he had right on the beginning- a more blues based sound..

:wave: Hey Aquamarine great to know someone is thinking like me in that matter..what you wrote is exactly what i meant in my comment.. i want to hear a bit more of the sound of he had right on the beginning- a more blues based sound..

I feel the same way! I'm quite sad that Strange Sensation most likely is no more. I thought they were a fantastic band and the chemistry they had with Robert was really pretty amazing both on record and live.

I'm happy to hear he's not retiring for a good long time KB :D

A return to The Strange Sensation would be most welcome. Hopefully the creative flame is still there in regard's to this outlet.

Would love to see that happen. But I'm not against another AK collaboration if that's what's next on his agenda. I just wish he would go out on the road next summer with it, but that doesn't seem to be case if he's taking 2 years off from touring.

A return to The Strange Sensation would be most welcome. Hopefully the creative flame is still there in regard's to this outlet.

I'm with you!!! I loved their first album but I think they just touched the surface with that first album......there's so much more to enjoy audio wise and visually from this collaboration!

I wouldn't necessarily mind another AK collaboration either.

I do have to agree here on their chemistry. I saw the show in Atlantic City from the front row and AK has an amazing voice. Plant needs to school her on stage presence though.

Alison isn't a dancer, she is a fiddle player! LOL The laid-backness is just her demeanor. When she is on-stage with her band, she is a little more loose, I mean, doing a little more talking and cracking jokes. Also, touring with Robert, (whom we know has some cool stage moves) has been something for her to get used to. It has been a different dynamic for her. Anyways, I thought they were just thinking about doing another album but it isn't in the works yet? Maybe someone else can confirm this for sure. I would like to see them do some original tunes this time around.

Alison isn't a dancer, she is a fiddle player! LOL The laid-backness is just her demeanor. When she is on-stage with her band, she is a little more loose, I mean, doing a little more talking and cracking jokes. Also, touring with Robert, (whom we know has some cool stage moves) has been something for her to get used to. It has been a different dynamic for her. Anyways, I thought they were just thinking about doing another album but it isn't in the works yet? Maybe someone else can confirm this for sure. I would like to see them do some original tunes this time around.

A fiddle player who appears onstage requires stage presence. A musician thinks about music, but a musician who performs onstage considers the music and the audience, any time you have a live audience.

A fiddle player who appears onstage requires stage presence. A musician thinks about music, but a musician who performs onstage considers the music and the audience, any time you have a live audience.

Duh, I know that. Thanks for breaking the dynamics down. :rolleyes: Maybe someone can give her some dance lessons, then she can start dancing around like Tina Turner, LOL!!

Duh, I know that. Thanks for breaking the dynamics down. Maybe someone can give her some dance lessons, then she can start dancing around like Tina Turner, LOL!!

Alison Krauss lacks Tina Turner's ability and skill and she has a very long way to catch up. Tina Turner had an early start as a dancer.

had excellent stage presence and yet she was not a dancer. There are plenty of dancers who lack stage presence.

Alison Krauss lacks Tina Turner's ability and skill and she has a very long way to catch up. Tina Turner had an early start as a dancer.

had excellent stage presence and yet she was not a dancer. There are plenty of dancers who lack stage presence.

I was joking, geez!! Are you the board psychoanalysis or something? You love to dissect everyone's posts it seems. :D

The second album has been confirmed by Rounder. The timeline has not been confirmed. Alison and Robert are taking a post-tour break. Robert has recorded at least one track for Buddy Miller's new album and that was announced by Buddy at the Americana awards. We may know more in November if Robert attends the CMA awards on November 12.

Alison's fan base is anxiously awaiting a new Union Station project. I predict that we will see Alison out with Union Station, at least for a few shows, before we see her again with Robert, since Robert has announced a two year break from touring.

Does it really matter what Robert does in the future? ....he's made if perfectly clear that he will do what he wants to do. Good for him.

Just sit back and wait for something to pop up.

You should never take an artist and what they say too seriously. As we all know people change their minds given time.

Jeff

Although he's not touring, he's doing the second one with alison and will hopefully do guest spots here and there both live and on albums. It is cool hearing him do other band's tunes.

Since he's not doing zep he should do another album with her. The tour was excellent(although the whole time i wished it was zep, but anyway), saw it three times and enjoyed it all three. They do have chemistry. No question about that, but I also think that Robert would gel with just about anyone except Roseanne Barr. He is and always will be the greatest rock and roll singer of all time.

Although I'd like to see new material, I would just love to see them sing Jackson by Johnny Cash and June Carter. Talk about down home.

It would also be cool if they had a third singer, someone with a REALLY deep voice.

I would like everyone to note that this is the first post where I have accepted that he will not be with zep. I'm not completely over it, but as an earlier post stated. that's for another thread, not this one.

The second album has been confirmed by Rounder. The timeline has not been confirmed. Alison and Robert are taking a post-tour break. Robert has recorded at least one track for Buddy Miller's new album and that was announced by Buddy at the Americana awards. We may know more in November if Robert attends the CMA awards on November 12.

Alison's fan base is anxiously awaiting a new Union Station project. I predict that we will see Alison out with Union Station, at least for a few shows, before we see her again with Robert, since Robert has announced a two year break from touring.

Thanks for the info. I am wondering if Robert does show up at the CMA's. I hope he and Alison perform. I will be excited for her next album with Union Station as well. :)

Personally, I could care less! I will never buy another one of his albums/tix after he has used Zeppelin to promote his solo work and than screwed all the fans. If he takes 2 yrs off at his age, his voice will be garbage anyway, thats how I feel and none of the verbal attacks will change that. Nuff said
I can understand your feelings of anger towards Plant . You probably never saw them live . I did in 1977 and I can barely remember the concert as a whole (not thinking it would be the last American Tour). I sure don't want anymore of that krauss project crap ,that stuff is truly a one sided affair.

After he's finished with AK, I hope he goes headfirst into Clarksdale. I can think of all kinds of brilliant acoustic and electric options that have my mouth watering. After his soul lifting experience with blue grass, To me, this is the next realistic step for him. Who knows, maybe Jimmy and JPJ will be part of that. B)

He's going through a discovery process now. He said nearly as much during his interview with Katie Couric.

And I'm sure he's been inspired greatly by the AK project. I just have visions of something down and dirty on the horizon. Something that will involve musicians he's never worked with. Maybe even a little Gospel. JMO

I believe that Bobby will get bored with Allison or vice versa after this next album. There will be a short tour. Plant will complain about bouncing around in large arenas, will stress his need to "see" the faces of the fans and will make overtures of returning to the land of the ice and snow, valhalla, I am not coming home but I sure like to think about it. Strange Sensations will garner new members and Mr. Plants career will fall into the category of Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton: once revered and important, now treading along trying to be relevant.

Archived