THE YARDBIRDS: 'The Story Of' DVD

THE YARDBIRDS: 'The Story Of' DVD Due In November

MVD has set a November 11 release date for THE YARDBIRDS "The Story Of" DVD. A description of the title follows:

"Great documentary covering 1963 until 1968 with tons of original tunes, archive convert footage, interviews with bandmates and associates and behind the scenes look at this influential but short-lived supergroup. Some Eric Clapton footage, lots from Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. Two live songs with Eric Clapton and THE YARDBIRDS are 'Louise' and 'I Wish You Would' from 1964. Bonus footage: THE YARDBIRDS with a very young Jimmy Page on guitar from German TV in association with APN/Frankfurt — recorded and filmed live on March 31st, 1967. "

The track listing is as follows:

01. Louise

02. I Wish I Would

03. I'm A Man

04. Heart Full of Soul

05. Still I'm Sad

06. Train Kept Rolling

07. Over, Under, Sideways, Down

08. Shapes of Things

09. Happening Ten Years Ago

10. For The Love

11. My Girl Sloppy

12. Stroll On

13. Dazed and Confused

Bonus Materials:

* THE YARDBIRDS with Jimmy Page live in Germany 1964.

2949566686_14a3c2a4c3_o.jpg

I'll be getting this one--I Wish You Would was my favorite Yardbirds song, I've got it on a 45 in an attic somewhere (though now nothing to play it on :( ). (It's not I Wish I Would, as per #2.)

Edit: I also fear that #11 is a typo, unless it's not My Girl Sloopy but a different song altogether . . . (And if it is, it sounds really interesting. :D )

I'll be getting this one--I Wish You Would was my favorite Yardbirds song, I've got it on a 45 in an attic somewhere (though now nothing to play it on :( ). (It's not I Wish I Would, as per #2.)

Edit: I also fear that #11 is a typo, unless it's not My Girl Sloopy but a different song altogether . . . (And if it is, it sounds really interesting. :D )

I think #10 is actually For Your Love, another possible typo?

Looks like a rehash of the 1991 "Yardbirds" documentary. It's too bad this DVD doesn't include any of the recently-surfaced Music Hall de France footage from 1966 (with Jimmy on bass).

Thanks for that. I thought there was something new attached to this release

Why something so important in music as the Yardbirds receives a rehash of the same VHS tape in the 1990's is totally all about the money. Why this releases does not have new footage, interviews, updates, hidden jewels, etc. is a crying shame.

Nothing like a Sloppy Sloopy,eh? Was Sloopy sloppy drunk?

For Your Love vs For Your Life? Freudian slip?

I've now noticed that #9 should be Happening Ten Years Time Ago. And #6 is Train Kept a-Rolling.

I'm pretty sure #4 is correct, though!

What would this world be without proofreaders and the grammar police?

Answer:Idgits!

;)

I think I've run out of material now.

Mind you, I'm still laughing at My Girl Sloppy. :D

Yeah,me too but...........................

There is a lyric I believe that says:

Give me one chance and I'll sweep you away.

Hence Sloppy Sloopy? :D

THE YARDBIRDS: 'The Story Of' DVD Due In November

MVD has set a November 11 release date for THE YARDBIRDS "The Story Of" DVD. A description of the title follows:

"Great documentary covering 1963 until 1968 with tons of original tunes, archive convert footage, interviews with bandmates and associates and behind the scenes look at this influential but short-lived supergroup. Some Eric Clapton footage, lots from Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page.

...looking forward to see ...how it all happened, the innovation, the fashion, the time, everything..

Archived