" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

TheZeppyWanderer

Was the clip an interview post Beatles? Do you still have it?

If you Google "Beatles reunion" the YouTube clip comes up under the video results. It's Paul, George and Ringo just sitting around jamming on an impromptu song. If you're referring to the Larry King Live thing that was just a sensationalistic way to get people to tune into his show. I think he even referred to Paul as "Ringo" or something equally stupid that evening (which is honestly half the fun of tuning in Larry King Live)

If you Google "Beatles reunion" the YouTube clip comes up under the video results. It's Paul, George and Ringo just sitting around jamming on an impromptu song. If you're referring to the Larry King Live thing that was just a sensationalistic way to get people to tune into his show. I think he even referred to Paul as "Ringo" or something equally stupid that evening (which is honestly half the fun of tuning in Larry King Live)

Cool - thanks!

Cool - thanks!

There is a disputed claim of a Beatles session in 1976. Some guy trying to sell an erased tape of a supposed recording session.

Paul and John and some others joined for session called "A toot and a snort" sometime in the 70's. There is a recording floating around. Not especially impressive, but noteworthy.

There is a disputed claim of a Beatles session in 1976. Some guy trying to sell an erased tape of a supposed recording session.

Not Beatles related at all but that story reminds me of seeing someone selling an unopened blank cassette on eBay a number of years ago. The sales pitch was hilarious. Bidding was even up to around $50 at one point. Goes to show, people will buy most anything, especially if you put just the right spin on it.

Paul and John and some others joined for session called "A toot and a snort" sometime in the 70's. There is a recording floating around. Not especially impressive, but noteworthy.

Who would buy an erased tape :blink::lol: Though I'm sure someone would or did!

I'd be curious to hear the recording nonetheless.

• 1 month later...
Am I being ditzy - I can't see where there's a link to the actual song. I just see the press release etc. :blink:

I don't see one either. It's depressing that they felt it necessary to erase it. Anyword on the auction listed there? Did it sell and , if anyone knows, for how much?

Second only to Zeppelin would have to be either The Yardbirds or The Firm, wouldn't it?

Hardly, especially not the Firm. :huh: Especially as they didn't exist at the time in question (nor did the Yardbirds, the whole point being that Zeppelin did), but in any case they never reached "adoration" levels, by young guys or anybody else.

Hardly, especially not the Firm. :huh: Especially as they didn't exist at the time in question (nor did the Yardbirds, the whole point being that Zeppelin did), but in any case they never reached "adoration" levels, by young guys or anybody else.

You mean this band!? :o

The band in question is supposed to have appealed to teenage boys in the pre-punk 70s WHICH CAN'T POSSIBLY REFER TO THE FIRM, FOLKS!

Unless . . .

You mean this band!? :o

Oh, thanks a million, Reggie, you know what's going to be stuck in my head for the next three days. :rolleyes::D

The band in question is supposed to have appealed to teenage boys in the pre-punk 70s WHICH CAN'T POSSIBLY REFER TO THE FIRM, FOLKS!

Unless . . .

Oh, thanks a million, Reggie, you know what's going to be stuck in my head for the next three days. :rolleyes::D

You're welcome Aqua. :unsure:

You know me always here to help! :rolleyes:

Harvey Goldsmith not getting the credit he deserves?

Today, this Alan Sugar of the music industry is scruffily dressed in a polo shirt, emanating a "don't waste my time" air that dispenses with all niceties. He has done the historic live events (Live Aid, the Prince's Trust), the reinvention of popstars (Led Zeppelin's comeback tour), a hit TV programme with his name in the title (Get Your Act Together with Harvey Goldsmith) and now he wants to talk about the big philanthropic gesture.

Excerpt from Profile:Harvey Goldsmith - The Telegrapgh Feb 27th 2009

This is a pretty big one, but does it qualify as being second to Zep? Probably not and the band isn't from the pre-punk 70's either. So that's probably not the band.

The album came out in 1969, so at least it's pre-punk, they were pretty huge for a while, and it's 2/3 of the band. So we're getting there! :D

• 3 weeks later...

When I heard that McCartney and Starr were reuniting for that charity concert, I thought that it might have been them - but they don't seem to fit the criteria...

Still, I think they'll blow whoever the actual artist/band is hinted at in the article out of the water - for a lot of people, at least, if not all.