Is Robert telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

rockerrr

Danny, you seem quite bitter and it makes me kinda sad.

I think we're about the same age.

I was a huge Zep fan when John died and the first thing that I thought was that there would be no more Zeppelin.Ever.I was cool with that and still am. :(

One of my other motto's is,"Respect what they did,but enjoy what they do"

I have.

My problem with this situation is he made it sound like he didn't want to tour becasuse he wasn't going to be touring with anyone for the next couple of years. If he doesn't want to do Zeppelin, while disappointed, I dont' have any problem with that. The problem I do have is not just coming out and saying so. Robert doesn't owe the fans a Zeppelin reunion, but I think he does owe them the truth. If he doesn't want to be in Zeppelin again, just say it. I think it would save everyone a lot of hassles.

p.s.: Earlier in the year he used touring without a new album as the reason he wouldn't be rejoining

the band. Something along the lines of "an endless parade of repitition" wasn't for him. Well

Jimmy and Jonesy were up for recording a new album before any tour, then it's the statement from

Robert about not touring with anyone for the next two years. He used touring without new

music as an excuse, then he used the not touring with anyone for two years as his latest

reason for not doing it. It was Robert's idea to reform Zeppelin for the Ertegun tribute. It went from being a few songs to being a whole concert. He had to agree to that. It's basically come down to Robert and only Robert gets to decide if and when and what form Led Zeppelin exists.

It's basically come down to Robert and only Robert gets to decide if and when and what form Led Zeppelin exists.

Really this time is a watershed for Jimmy in particular. This last year Jimmy and JPJ basically sat on their asses waiting for Robert. It was worth it up until Robert's statement, but now enough is enough. Jimmy needs to finally make a commitment to a project and try to make it good enough that even if Robert called him up, he'd stay loyal to the new singer and the new project the way Robert has been with his Raising Sand project. I like some of Jimmy's solo stuff but it's clear to me that it's been a series of temp jobs where he's always leaving his calender open for yet another reunion effort.

I can't think about it, I am touring right now.

I may do something at sometime, you never know.

I like playing with those guys once and a while.

You never know what's around the corner.

You have lovely eyes.

I don't know that person anymore.

I won't be touring with anyone for 2 years.

Everyone has to eat.

They won't be calling it Led Zeppelin

My problem with this situation is he made it sound like he didn't want to tour becasuse he wasn't going to be touring with anyone for the next couple of years. If he doesn't want to do Zeppelin, while disappointed, I dont' have any problem with that. The problem I do have is not just coming out and saying so. Robert doesn't owe the fans a Zeppelin reunion, but I think he does owe them the truth. If he doesn't want to be in Zeppelin again, just say it. I think it would save everyone a lot of hassles.

p.s.: Earlier in the year he used touring without a new album as the reason he wouldn't be rejoining

the band. Something along the lines of "an endless parade of repitition" wasn't for him. Well

Jimmy and Jonesy were up for recording a new album before any tour, then it's the statement from

Robert about not touring with anyone for the next two years. He used touring without new

music as an excuse, then he used the not touring with anyone for two years as his latest

reason for not doing it. It was Robert's idea to reform Zeppelin for the Ertegun tribute. It went from being a few songs to being a whole concert. He had to agree to that. It's basically come down to Robert and only Robert gets to decide if and when and what form Led Zeppelin exists.

But he did say he wasn't going to be joining Jimmy, Jason and John Paul on their new project and wished them well. I'm not sure how much clearer he needs to state that. I don't think there's been anything used as any excuse. When the 02 happened, Robert had just released Raising Sand and was clear at the time the album was released, they were planning a tour. Statements like you never know what will be means you never know if there would be a reason for them to get back - which Robert stated there would need to be the "right" reason to reunite as Zep for a show.

I don't see him planning any tours with anyone. His recording with Alison next year isn't the same thing as touring. All he said was he had no plans to go on the road for 2 years.

None of us know what has transpired amongst the guys post the 02. We can speculate until the cows come home but all we can do is accept the fact Zep isn't reuniting, Robert is working on a new album with Alison and Jimmy/John Paul and Jason are working on a new project. And I for one am in full support of both those projects, especially seeing Jimmy back out there after far too long.

Plain and simple, his voice would not hold up on a full scale zeppelin set list.You can`t blame the man, he abused and strained his vocal chords in 73 from relentless touring.I thank Robert for giving us some of the greatest rock vocals ever!!

i disagree with everything you have said in this post!

in fact i would go so far as to say it's nonsense

Anyone who employs a person to break in new shoes is away with the fairies in my opinion.

You Irish, M small c?

Regards, Danny

You have to be kidding, Can you substantiate this? I seriously doubt it....

Hi 'Kentuckygirl' sorry for the delay in replying.

It was on a early to mid eighties, on a quiz show, a contestant was asked who out of three people employed a person to break in new shoes, one being Robert, well you could have knocked me over with a feather when the quizmaster said Robert Plant was that man.

As to what show, i cant remember, but the fact that they named Robert will be with me forever, and always brings a laugh when i think of the pretenciousness of the whole thing. I hope someone else also remembers as who would believe me, i mean Robert being pretentious?

Regards, Danny

It was on a early to mid eighties, on a quiz show, a contestant was asked who out of three people employed a person to break in new shoes, one being Robert, well you could have knocked me over with a feather when the quizmaster said Robert Plant was that man.

As to what show, i cant remember, but the fact that they named Robert will be with me forever, and always brings a laugh when i think of the pretenciousness of the whole thing. I hope someone else also remembers as who would believe me, i mean Robert being pretentious?

Regards, Danny

Danny, thanks for the follow-up. I have not see any evidence of pretentious behavior during his time in Nashville. I can assure you his current assistant is not breaking in his shoes for him. But that is a funny story! :lol:

Regards, Danny

Well it was a long time ago but being on a game show, sounds a bit questionable. I suppose it's possible he had someone do that but seems a bit out of character to me. They would be some mighty shoes to break in though :lol:

Danny, you seem quite bitter and it makes me kinda sad.

I think we're about the same age.

I was a huge Zep fan when John died and the first thing that I thought was that there would be no more Zeppelin.Ever.I was cool with that and still am. :(

One of my other motto's is,"Respect what they did,but enjoy what they do"

I have.

Hi 'Rorer714'

"Quiet Bitter" no friend i've always been a "Loud Lager" drinker my self.

I've been through all the emotions over the years, not as much as JBs family and friends i might add, and the conclusion I have come to is this.

When Led Zeppelin reunited for the O2 show I could not believe my luck, it was like being able to go to a party and see my old Grandad again, who died at the same time as JB, only to find I was not invited to the party.

Then when I saw the "Guest" list I was even more "Bitter", Bob Mortimer got to go, he arrives late and go's early, why him, what did he and Led Zeppelin have in common? Thousands of celebs had denied real fans the chance to see "God" again. Now Robert has given the thumbs down, so theres no hope, yes you could say i'm pissed off.

As far as i'm concerned if they couldnt reform for the sake of the fans and do some more shows, then they should have stayed as they were, solo. I know, i've done all the soul searching over the passed year, but the balls in their court now, if they want me back as a fan its going to be on my terms not theirs. A full UK tour, a new album, a live album of one of the shows that i'm invited too, as well as backstage passes and invitations to aftershow parties, all of them.

If they wont give in too that the i'm off to follow "Take That" and i mean it.

Its up to them, bitter, na never liked it, Regards, Danny

Hi 'Rorer714'

"Quiet Bitter" no friend i've always been a "Loud Lager" drinker my self.

I've been through all the emotions over the years, not as much as JBs family and friends i might add, and the conclusion I have come to is this.

When Led Zeppelin reunited for the O2 show I could not believe my luck, it was like being able to go to a party and see my old Grandad again, who died at the same time as JB, only to find I was not invited to the party.

Then when I saw the "Guest" list I was even more "Bitter", Bob Mortimer got to go, he arrives late and go's early, why him, what did he and Led Zeppelin have in common? Thousands of celebs had denied real fans the chance to see "God" again. Now Robert has given the thumbs down, so theres no hope, yes you could say i'm pissed off.

As far as i'm concerned if they couldnt reform for the sake of the fans and do some more shows, then they should have stayed as they were, solo. I know, i've done all the soul searching over the passed year, but the balls in their court now, if they want me back as a fan its going to be on my terms not theirs. A full UK tour, a new album, a live album of one of the shows that i'm invited too, as well as backstage passes and invitations to aftershow parties, all of them.

Its up to them, bitter, na never liked it, Regards, Danny

I dunno - I think it was a real gift they reformed and did a full show, even though I didn't see it and that it likely was the last show we'll see of them. As a group, on their own, they've given me more joy than I could ask for. I just want them to continue making music on whatever terms makes them happy because I trust it will be amazing.

, but the balls in their court now, if they want me back as a fan its going to be on my terms not theirs. A full UK tour, a new album, a live album of one of the shows that i'm invited too, as well as backstage passes and invitations to aftershow parties, all of them.

Sorry Danny, my love, but you are about to become Take That's biggest fan. :(

If it's any consolation, the "thousands" of celebs was an exaggeration, and most of the ones who were there seemed to be genuine fans. Not that I'd know personally, mind.

Sorry Danny, my love, but you are about to become Take That's biggest fan. :(

If it's any consolation, the "thousands" of celebs was an exaggeration, and most of the ones who were there seemed to be genuine fans. Not that I'd know personally, mind.

Hi Aqua,

"Take That" have just been on TV and my thoughtful wife has taped them for me, anyone know of any good sites for their fans?

And na Aqua its no consolation, I can see the O2 from my loft window, its three miles from my house, I followed them to Munich in 1980, they come to my home town, my borough, and they dont invite me to their party, they dont even drop in for a cup of tea, the friendships over.

I though their were 16,000 fans who brought tickets in the lottery and about 4,000 invited guests. Thats a lot of celebs in my opinion, their should only have been family and friends given tickets, so much for the fans who pay their wages.

Regards, Danny

PS. I'm playing "Stairway" as we talk!!

Hi Aqua,

"Take That" have just been on TV and my thoughtful wife has taped them for me, anyone know of any good sites for their fans?

And na Aqua its no consolation, I can see the O2 from my loft window, its three miles from my house, I followed them to Munich in 1980, they come to my home town, my borough, and they dont invite me to their party, they dont even drop in for a cup of tea, the friendships over.

I though their were 16,000 fans who brought tickets in the lottery and about 4,000 invited guests. Thats a lot of celebs in my opinion, their should only have been family and friends given tickets, so much for the fans who pay their wages.

Regards, Danny

PS. I'm playing "Stairway" as we talk!!

Who's to say every one of those guests was a celebrity. Robert's family was there for example - they aren't celebs. I don't think it's right to say because someone's famous, they have no right to be there. We don't know what they listen to and just because they don't come out and say they're Zep fans doesn't mean they aren't. And even if they weren't, maybe now they are after seeing the show. Further to that, they very well could have made a donation privately to Ahmet's charity.

Who's to say every one of those guests was a celebrity. Robert's family was there for example - they aren't celebs. I don't think it's right to say because someone's famous, they have no right to be there. We don't know what they listen to and just because they don't come out and say they're Zep fans doesn't mean they aren't. And even if they weren't, maybe now they are after seeing the show. Further to that, they very well could have made a donation privately to Ahmet's charity.

Hi 'ninelives'

Not me. But a lot who were there were not fans, either in the day or now, thats my point.

Who said anything about rights? Its just my opinion, I have the right to that dont I?

Regards, Danny

Hi 'ninelives'

Not me. But a lot who were there were not fans, either in the day or now, thats my point.

Who said anything about rights? Its just my opinion, I have the right to that dont I?

Regards, Danny

Hi Dan - of cours you can have your opinion - I wasn't saying otherwise. Just sharing my thoughts on what you said. 'Tis all good.

In regards to celebs being at the show or any show, that is and will always be. Some are fans, some aren't. Suppose there's not too much to be done and whoever gave them the ticket, well that was their choice who got it even if we wish it was us.

Hi Dan - of cours you can have your opinion - I wasn't saying otherwise. Just sharing my thoughts on what you said. 'Tis all good.

In regards to celebs being at the show or any show, that is and will always be. Some are fans, some aren't. Suppose there's not too much to be done and whoever gave them the ticket, well that was their choice who got it even if we wish it was us.

Hi 'ninelives'

I'm just hurting, and just lashing out at anyone, i still love the band as much as ever, even went to see a Led ZepTribute Band Saturday night and cried all through Stairway again as i always do.

Its just me being me, i give 100% to the people i care about and expect the same back, only thing is the boys dont know me or i would have had a ticket, still there's always tomorrow and hope i suppose?

Regards, Danny

There you go, mate, keep hope alive.

That's the trouble when a band is as popular as Zeppelin, there's no way everyone who wants and deserves a ticket can get one, let alone that they can know all the fans personally and make sure everybody gets what they want. But maybe next time, eh?

And in the meantime, at least you've always got http://www.takethat.com/

Hi 'ninelives'

I'm just hurting, and just lashing out at anyone, i still love the band as much as ever, even went to see a Led ZepTribute Band Saturday night and cried all through Stairway again as i always do.

Its just me being me, i give 100% to the people i care about and expect the same back, only thing is the boys dont know me or i would have had a ticket, still there's always tomorrow and hope i suppose?

Regards, Danny

Danny,

Jimmy has worked hard to give us a good version of Video for those of us who could not ever see Zeppelin live. New things are coming! (I hope :D )

Robert's idea to give the bands mentor a tribute concert will (IMO) turn into something all of us can enjoy in the future. The band is thoughtful of it's fans, (IMO) without tarnishing it's legacy. Which is not always an easy thing to accomplish. You have to remember, while three members are still with us, the band as we knew them, has past.

Archived