Yet Another one....

mightyzep247

This actually reflects more poorly of you than the Jam.

Reflects poorly on me? What, like quoting a man who married his adopted daughter at the bottom of your posts might reflect poorly on you? Or are you aware of that about Woody Allen? Surely you must have heard if you haven't been living in a cave.

Reflects poorly on me? What, like quoting a man who married his adopted daughter at the bottom of your posts might reflect poorly on you?

ZING!! :lol:

I hear Woody Allen and his wife were starring in a new comedy movie to be released soon.

"Honey, I Fucked The Kids".

More shocking is some people don't know who Paul Weller and the Jam is\was :blink::D

It's more shocking some of us remember the JAM in the '80s and pretended we liked them! Weller putting his two cents in now. He's as bad as Jeff and Sir Paul for chrissakes...2235.gif

It's more shocking some of us remember the JAM in the '80s and pretended we liked them! Weller putting his two cents in now. He's as bad as Jeff and Sir Paul for chrissakes...2235.gif

Ha, speak for yourself, I still like them. I liked Style Counsil too but I think my fave Weller work was his first solo disc. But yeah I thought the Jam was pretty darn cool, especially the late 70's stuff.

I don't think they just shelled out their thoughts without being prompted by the media. Besides, it's just an opinion - they're as entitled to share it as we all share ours here.

I don't think they just shelled out their thoughts without being prompted by the media. Besides, it's just an opinion - they're as entitled to share it as we all share ours here.

I can't escape, can I? I got enough shit for expressing MY opinion on the Jeff Beck thread re this "opinion" nonsense. LETS MOVE ON, shall we?

Ha, speak for yourself, I still like them. I liked Style Counsil too but I think my fave Weller work was his first solo disc. But yeah I thought the Jam was pretty darn cool, especially the late 70's stuff.

Memory gone poof- were The Jam ever on The YoungOnes?

True confession: I really liked Madness, and I about whizzed myself when they were on the show. Our House In The Middle Of The Street...who could forget that song? You had to be dead or living in a cave if you didn't hear it on MTV 271 times a day...

:D

Our House In The Middle Of The Street...who could forget that song? You had to be dead or living in a cave if you didn't hear it on MTV 271 times a day...

Oh yeah! Madness, who had that ONE hit in the 80s! Okay, now I know he is. Personally, I hated that song, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait until someone from Dexy's Midnight Runners comments on this before forming an opinion. :P

Just for the record, The Jam were huge in the UK and unexpectedly split up in 1982 at the height of their popularity. Ever since then Paul Weller has been constantly asked about the chances of them reforming and the answer is always the same. Should he agree to it they'd sell out the biggest stadiums in the UK no problem, but Weller, much like Robert Plant, is all about looking forward to the next project, not back 30 years or whatever.

Memory gone poof- were The Jam ever on The YoungOnes?

True confession: I really liked Madness, and I about whizzed myself when they were on the show. Our House In The Middle Of The Street...who could forget that song? You had to be dead or living in a cave if you didn't hear it on MTV 271 times a day...

:D

I hate that fucking annoying song. :P

Oh....well back to square one then!

I will check out this album by the Jelly on your suggestion, Devil. I feel confident you would not lead me astray. B)

You can sample their music either at amazon.com or cduniverse.com or several online retailers I'm sure. I definately wouldn't promote something I didn't like, but each to their own in tastes, so go for a nibble before gorging. B)

Just for the record, The Jam were huge in the UK and unexpectedly split up in 1982 at the height of their popularity. Ever since then Paul Weller has been constantly asked about the chances of them reforming and the answer is always the same. Should he agree to it they'd sell out the biggest stadiums in the UK no problem, but Weller, much like Robert Plant, is all about looking forward to the next project, not back 30 years or whatever.

That's great and all, but 5, 10 and even 20 or 100 years from now, not many people will bring up "The Jam" in general conversation about rock n roll history/music. They will about Led Zeppelin, though. :)

Now, if JP, Jason and Jonesy decide to get Paul Weller to sing with them, then it might get louder and then we could possibly have a different kind of "Jam" Band (PB&J). :D

R B)

That's great and all, but 5, 10 and even 20 or 100 years from now, not many people will bring up "The Jam" in general conversation about rock n roll history/music. They will about Led Zeppelin, though. :)

Maybe not in Atlanta Georgia, but as I attempted to explain, they were and are huge in the UK. In 5, 10 or 20 years from now they'll still be well remembered here. Just like some of your big selling artists don't mean anything here.

Maybe not in Atlanta Georgia, but as I attempted to explain, they were and are huge in the UK. In 5, 10 or 20 years from now they'll still be well remembered here. Just like some of your big selling artists don't mean anything here.

Most of our big selling artists don't mean anything here either. <_<

I'm not speaking of Atlanta, Georgia or even the UK....

the point that you seem to be missing here is:

I'm talking about the (BIG PICTURE) the 1,000 foot overall view/perspective over the History of ROCK N ROLL (Globally/Universally)...

LED ZEPPELIN will be and are remembered as one of the Greats.

The Jam and Paul Weller will not.

Elvis Costello will be remembered more than the Jam and PW. That's what the music historians and fans have declared. Accept it or not. That's the reality of it.

There have already been some History of Rock N Roll books and DVDs released and LED ZEPPELIN always get a full color spread over several pages. The Jam/Paul Weller might get a small picture or a footnote of a single (like "Billy Hunt" or something). ... That's about it. That's the reality of it (Globally/Universally)..

http://www.amazon.com/History-Rock-Roll-Ga...y/dp/B0002234XQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Weller_(singer)

Wikipedia even says this: "He has remained essentially a national rather than an international star, possibly because much of his songwriting is rooted in British culture." (limiting his Universal appeal/fanbase)

That's the point. Got it? :)

R B)

LED ZEPPELIN will be and are remembered as one of the Greats.

The Jam and Paul Weller will not. Elvis Costello will be remembered more than the Jam and PW. There have already been some History of Rock N Roll books and DVDs released and LED ZEPPELIN always get a full color spread over several pages. The Jam/Paul Weller might get a small picture or a footnote of a single (like "Billy Hunt" or something). ... That's about it. That's the reality of it (Globally/Universally)..

http://www.amazon.com/History-Rock-Roll-Ga...y/dp/B0002234XQ

That's the point. Got it? :)

R B)

Re-read my original post in this thread. I'm not saying that The Jam were bigger than Led Zeppelin worldwide. Of course Led Zeppelin are the bigger band. In my original post I merely explained that The Jam were a big act here and Paul Weller still is. My second post explains that just because many of you elsewhere aren't very or even at all aware of Weller and The Jam, it doesn't mean that they aren't popular here. Whilst in the USA Elvis Costello might well be a bigger name than Weller, in the UK the latter has a much bigger support base. So there we have it, Paul Weller & The Jam - big in the UK. Not so elsewhere.

Re-read my original post in this thread. I'm not saying that The Jam were bigger than Led Zeppelin worldwide. Of course Led Zeppelin are the bigger band. In my original post I merely explained that The Jam were a big act here and Paul Weller still is. My second post explains that just because many of you elsewhere aren't very or even at all aware of Weller and The Jam, it doesn't mean that they aren't popular here. Whilst in the USA Elvis Costello might well be a bigger name than Weller, in the UK the latter has a much bigger support base. So there we have it, Paul Weller & The Jam - big in the UK. Not so elsewhere.

I did before responding to your previous email. Thanks. I never said that you said they were. Yes. Of course. I've known of the Jam/PW for 30 years as I've worked in record stores, am a musician, fan of good music and music history.

Steelheart is big in Malaysia. LOL!!!

Stephen Bishop is big in the Phillipines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bishop_(musician)

Tom Waits is Big in Japan...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...33:jbftxbyjldke

R B)

Archived