Yet Another one....

mightyzep247

"I've no interest whatsoever to go and see people reform, you know. I'm happy with what they've done at the time and the records and your memories and that's it really."

That's fair enough.

Paul Weller is a big name in the UK, every man and his dog knows who he is here.

I'm not a fan, but I respect him and The Jam had some very catchy songs like this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=whSYTSXm8wo

They had 18 consecutive top 40 UK hits, 4 of them number ones.

Yet another waste of a thread and time reading these countless/pointless remarks about nothing on LZ.com.... (If I wanted tabloid, I would have got a subscription, but this is supposed to be where the actual news is...)

:beat::threadjacked::hunter::soapbox::buttsmack::wtf::burp:

Wake me up when there is ACTUALLY some real news about Jimmy, Jason and JPJ...

:wakeup:

R B)

Dear god....

Two things....Weller wasn't bashing he was stating his opinion on reunions....

Secondly...Im willing to bet that all these people saying "who the fuck is Paul Weller" are American.

Yeah, so what? :rolleyes:

I've heard of him, but haven't really gotten any further than that. But if it makes you Brits feel any better, I'm a big fan of Gaz Coombes. B)

Dear god....

Two things....Weller wasn't bashing he was stating his opinion on reunions....

Secondly...Im willing to bet that all these people saying "who the fuck is Paul Weller" are American.

I'm American and I know who Paul Weller is and the Jam. They had a following here as well but if you weren't into that sort of music, I suppose you'd not have heard of him.

I don't really see why people are so worked up over what he said. The media is obviously trying to create a big story about Zep and I'm sure like Jeff and Paul McCartney, Weller was asked about whether Zep should go on without Robert (which we know Jimmy doesn't agree with and that's not the intention). He just offered his thoughts - it's really not any more than that.

Yeah, so what? :rolleyes:

I've heard of him, but haven't really gotten any further than that. But if it makes you Brits feel any better, I'm a big fan of Gaz Coombes. B)

That DOES make me feel better. lol :D

My point is....Paul Weller is quite popular in England (at least, the last time I checked...I've lived in the states for years)

I've always thought that it's a singularly American behavior to dismiss one's opinion because they've "never heard of him". I don't think that makes him less of an authority than say...I don't know...anyone who posts on a forum.

Jeff

You're doing it again, guys--this is just contactmusic.com trying to whip up outrage and hits on their web site! Again, if you read what Weller says, he just says (when asked by a "journalist," he's not contacting them to air his views) that he'd not interested in seeing any reunions, by his band or any other. (This isn't even a new opinion!) No slamming, hitting out, etc. etc. etbloodycetera, he's just not interested. No law says he has to be.

Thanks Aqua......you took the words right out of my mouth.

It's just one opinion people....no need to get the feathers all ruffled............... B)

That DOES make me feel better. lol :D

My point is....Paul Weller is quite popular in England (at least, the last time I checked...I've lived in the states for years)

I've always thought that it's a singularly American behavior to dismiss one's opinion because they've "never heard of him". I don't think that makes him less of an authority than say...I don't know...anyone who posts on a forum.

Jeff

I would attribute that more to human behavior in general, and I think most of us have been guilty of that on either side of the pond. But no matter. I'm not here to start a fight. :)

Hardly anyone here has heard of Supergrass, and I get the damnedest looks when I mention them. I feel your pain. :lol:

I would attribute that more to human behavior in general, and I think most of us have been guilty of that on either side of the pond. But no matter. I'm not here to start a fight. :)

Hardly anyone here has heard of Supergrass, and I get the damnedest looks when I mention them. I feel your pain. :lol:

I have a Supergrass cd if that lessons the pain any :D

:D

I have Diamond Hoo Ha. Are there others you recommend? I like this one a lot.

Ah, you went right to the newest one! That's a good one indeed. "Rebel In You" is awesome. But honestly they're ALL quite good. The next ones I recommend are "Road To Rouen" from 2005, and the self-titled one from 1999. But make it a point to get them all eventually. :)

Ah, you went right to the newest one! That's a good one indeed. "Rebel In You" is awesome. But honestly they're ALL quite good. The next ones I recommend are "Road To Rouen" from 2005, and the self-titled one from 1999. But make it a point to get them all eventually. :)

:thumbsup: Excellent - I put them on my list.

Paul Weller? The Jam? I've been around 37 years, got my first rock album when I was ten years old, watched MTV incessantly in the early to mid eighties, and I've never heard of him.

This actually reflects more poorly of you than the Jam.

Archived