Yet Another one....

mightyzep247

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...omeback_1088975

PAUL WELLER - WELLER BLASTS LED ZEPPELIN COMEBACK

Legendary British singer PAUL WELLER has slammed LED ZEPPELIN's comeback plans - and insisted he will never reform his old band THE JAM.

The Kashmir hitmakers announced in October (08) that they plan to tour in 2009 without frontman Robert Plant, who has opted out of the reunion shows.

But Weller has hit out at the remaining members for deciding to reform without the singer - announcing he has "no interest" in seeing them play live next year (09) and would never consider a similar comeback for his popular rock band The Jam.

He says, "There's no point to it. I don't understand the need for nostalgia. I don't get it. I don't know where it's come from. Someone offered me a ticket to see Led Zep.

"I've no interest whatsoever to go and see people reform, you know. I'm happy with what they've done at the time and the records and your memories and that's it really."

:blahblah:

I really don't know why I'm posting this because It's getting old with everybody bashing the "Zeppelin Reunion" when it's not even a f**king reunion! It's a new project for Christ's sake! :rant:

"I've no interest whatsoever to go and see people reform, you know. I'm happy with what they've done at the time and the records and your memories and that's it really."

I really don't know why I'm posting this because It's getting old with everybody bashing the "Zeppelin Reunion" when it's not even a f**king reunion! It's a new project for Christ's sake! :rant:

It's odd to me that musicians are saying that they don't think much of other bands reuniting. The decider for me would be whether the music, especially live, is good or not. In the case of Page & Plant's shows in the 90s and the O2 Zep reunion last year, the live shows were fantastic - I mean, pure thrill all the way.

On the other hand, I've seen plenty of new bands play awful shows, and plenty of old bands play awful shows, and plenty of new bands play great shows. Anyone of them can do it, and any one of them can screw it up, but you can't judge it purely on age or number of columns in the press.

So, although there's obviously huge media hype around big reunions, it shouldn't concern musicians. They should just judge on the music, and I have a lot of confidence in the new Page, Jones, Bonham project whatever it turns out to be. If it ends up being rubbish then I'll slag it off as much as anyone, probably, but I don't think it will be rubbish.

what's MORE Pitiful is you have some dope from THE JAM

comparing himself to Zeppelin ... now that's funny.

Plant is being a stick in the mud about all of this .

Page probably figures he can sort of nudge him into it by doing this.. which is kewl.

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Paul Weller? The Jam? I've been around 37 years, got my first rock album when I was ten years old, watched MTV incessantly in the early to mid eighties, and I've never heard of him.

Anyway, apparently a lot of people are misinformed about what Jimmy, John, and Jason are proposing. It isn't Led Zeppelin. It's three fantastic musicians working together. Nothing wrong with it at all. Sheesh!

The Jam are a great band and Paul Weller an excellent musician and songwriter.

But still, you guys are all up in arms about nothing. So what if others think it's pointless to 'reform'. I get more of a kick out of your reactions than to what a musician or whoever "blasts" the idea. He's not blasting anyway.

These threads are hilarious though, so keep up the hysterics !! :lol:

Legendary British singer PAUL WELLER has slammed LED ZEPPELIN's comeback plans - and insisted he will never reform his old band THE JAM.

The Kashmir hitmakers announced in October (08) that they plan to tour in 2009 without frontman Robert Plant, who has opted out of the reunion shows.

But Weller has hit out at the remaining members for deciding to reform without the singer - announcing he has "no interest" in seeing them play live next year (09) and would never consider a similar comeback for his popular rock band The Jam.

He says, "There's no point to it. I don't understand the need for nostalgia. I don't get it. I don't know where it's come from. Someone offered me a ticket to see Led Zep.

Why all these bands from the '70 reuniting? And why all these remastered releases (with extra tracks) of old records from the '60 and '70? Simply because...the "old" musicians and their music are much much better than the music produced nowadays !!! For example go and have a listen to the Kinks and then compare them to the Oasis, do I need to tell you which band is better? I will be happy if the Kinks will reunite, the Faces will reunite and Jimmy, JPJ and Jason will tour and do new music (with their oldstyle musicianship) !!!

You're doing it again, guys--this is just contactmusic.com trying to whip up outrage and hits on their web site! Again, if you read what Weller says, he just says (when asked by a "journalist," he's not contacting them to air his views) that he'd not interested in seeing any reunions, by his band or any other. (This isn't even a new opinion!) No slamming, hitting out, etc. etc. etbloodycetera, he's just not interested. No law says he has to be.

Who the fuck cares?

Just another self-righteous prick without a clue. :rolleyes:

On the other hand.....he's sold millions of albums and been a sucessful musician for 30 years. So, like it or not, his opinion is at least as valid as yours, or anyone else sat spouting off their opinions on an internet forum dont you think? B)

On the other hand.....he's sold millions of albums and been a sucessful musician for 30 years. So, like it or not, his opinion is at least as valid as yours, or anyone else sat spouting off their opinions on an internet forum dont you think? B)

You sir, are also entitled to your opinion. B)

Paul, is that you?

Well how else is the media going to exist if it doesn't have some trash talk to sell us today?

Who the hell cares what some unknown says. And as for Paul McCartney, his comments were so benign that to suggest he was down on some form of tour seemed like total misrepresentation of his words.

If any of the LZ members are planning to tour, I definitely want to see them and I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks!

All You People Want Is More More More More More!

Leave Led Zeppelin alone, please!

Archived