Strange Food Mixes

Dancin'Days

Me too! :D

Although I don't think it's that good for our insides Bonnie.

I LOVE to have cheese with a slice of fruit cake. Hubby says I'm odd for liking it... I tell him it's him who is odd for not liking it!

My mum puts butter on Weetabix... I'm not into that :blink:

Butter is good on everything MissHoneydripper. :lol:

Electrophile, I don't really see the problem with catsup on scrambled eggs. Franks Red Hot is also very good. :P and butter. :lol:

A pineapple ring is really good on a bacon cheeseburger.

I used to grill the pineapple, now that Im older, I make a grilled pineapple/papaya salsa for my cheeseburgers, but use peamal bacon instead of regular bacon.

Canadian bacon....its an American invention, our Canadian bacon IS peamal!

God, that's disgusting. Ewww.

It's delicious. Egg and tomato is not a strange combination at all- boiled egg, sliced tomato and mayo in a baguette is really lovely - especially with a good sprinkle of fresh black pepper.

Ooh and my fave chocolate at the moment is Lindt Chili chocolate. I know that isn't a odd combo in places like Mexico, but in the UK it is. :)

It's delicious. Egg and tomato is not a strange combination at all- boiled egg, sliced tomato and mayo in a baguette is really lovely - especially with a good sprinkle of fresh black pepper.

Ooh and my fave chocolate at the moment is Lindt Chili chocolate. I know that isn't a odd combo in places like Mexico, but in the UK it is. :)

Jacques Torres chocolate (don't know if they sell it in the UK) makes hot cocoa with chili pepper in it. It's fabulous - not really spicy per se but adds a nice little zing :D

A Scottish friend of mine got me into chip butties. That is a french fries sandwich with a lot of butter. Oh no, here come the big one! :lol:

Ha Ha, I still make a chip buttie once in a blue moon. I like a big Scots Breakfast aka 'Heart Attack On A Plate' every once in a while as well. That's what Crestor is for :D

Ha Ha, I still make a chip buttie once in a blue moon. I like a big Scots Breakfast aka 'Heart Attack On A Plate' every once in a while as well. That's what Crestor is for :D

What does a Scots breakfast consist of? I know there are beans, eggs and sausage, anything else?

What does a Scots breakfast consist of? I know there are beans, eggs and sausage, anything else?

Beans are not in there but fried tomatos are and as Knebby said bacon, eggs, black pudding and fried bread. This is followed by a daily low dose aspirin :D

Down South, nothing on a pig goes to waste, face meat for barbacoa, chittlins (chitterlings) for sausage stuffing, blobs of fat in head cheese, the fried skin for chicharrones and cracklin` corn bread.

Yummy!

What I really like is pickled pigs feet, eat `em and spit out a knuckle bone!

You can even get pickled pig lips.

Pig lips go along with mountain oysters and any form of reptile (yeah, I know, tastes like chicken) that I just can`t eat.

Yet.

Down South, nothing on a pig goes to waste, face meat for barbacoa, chittlins (chitterlings) for sausage stuffing, blobs of fat in head cheese, the fried skin for chicharrones and cracklin` corn bread.

Yummy!

What I really like is pickled pigs feet, eat `em and spit out a knuckle bone!

You can even get pickled pig lips.

Pig lips go along with mountain oysters and any form of reptile (yeah, I know, tastes like chicken) that I just can`t eat.

Yet.

Scrapple is fantastic as well speaking of pig not going to waste. I think it's only available in PA and DE. I remember stupidly asking for it at a Waffle House in VA and was told " You in da Souf honey, we ain't got no scrapple". LOL

Archived