Strange Food Mixes

Dancin'Days

it took me yrs to figure this out...there was the hamburger joint around here called texas ranger and they had this hamburger with raw shredded cabbage on it with a sauce on a toasted bun. i had to figure out the sauce and the closest i could come was mayo, w/vinegar and raw garlic diced in it. mind you, the shredded cabbage has to be raw, cant be mixed like a cole slaw. the crunch is spectacular and with an average burger w/cheese is just great. a bit of ketchup reacts well with this combo too. btw, they called the burgers grassburgers, was just a cheap janowski burger, but it was all the prep that made this burger special. they had it down pat. i had been trying the vinegar ingredient, but it was the basis of the po boy mayo w/garlic, where i finally put it all together. there could be something else in there, but i think thats the basics.

it took me yrs to figure this out...there was the hamburger joint around here called texas ranger and they had this hamburger with raw shredded cabbage on it with a sauce on a toasted bun. i had to figure out the sauce and the closest i could come was mayo, w/vinegar and raw garlic diced in it. mind you, the shredded cabbage has to be raw, cant be mixed like a cole slaw. the crunch is spectacular and with an average burger w/cheese is just great. a bit of ketchup reacts well with this combo too. btw, they called the burgers grassburgers, was just a cheap janowski burger, but it was all the prep that made this burger special. they had it down pat. i had been trying the vinegar ingredient, but it was the basis of the po boy mayo w/garlic, where i finally put it all together. there could be something else in there, but i think thats the basics.

I love it, when certain dishes are named after Texas....and have nothing to do with Texas. Esp here in nyc, there are places that have texas burgers....with a fried egg on them....i know no one that does that. Or the "texas breakfast" of steak and eggs...geez.

I love it, when certain dishes are named after Texas....and have nothing to do with Texas. Esp here in nyc, there are places that have texas burgers....with a fried egg on them....i know no one that does that. Or the "texas breakfast" of steak and eggs...geez.

a fried egg sounds like more of a hispanic thing. yeah, texas ranger, or the ranger....as it was called and the grassburgers were a nickname, dont think that was on the menu. but, i know slaw dogs down south do exist, its a hot dog with cole slaw.

but just follow my basic recipe for a grassburger and you will be happy. experiment with the vinegar and garlic/ per ratio of mayo, it comes out different everytime. but it actually took me a long time to figure that out, along with help from washing dishes in a restaurant.

I put crackers in my sandwiches and fries in my burgers. I like cream cheese and jam sandwiches. I just asked my offspring, "What weird things do I eat?" and she said, "Everything." I put sour cream on pizza. Tonight I had a cheeseburger with Raisinettes. I like to mix the food together on my plate. I'll even mix a dessert thing with meat and eat it. Yuck. I've never even thought about this before.

Now that sounds like a great idea...suddenly in the mood for bagels and lox today.

mmmmm....if only I could get some delivered so I wouldn't have to get dressed and go out :D

I ate your portion of a bagel, lox, tomato with cream cheese for breakfast today. :D

Yummy! I bought a 1/2 pd. of kippered salmon and 1/4 pd. of nova lox this afternoon, 2 bagels and cream cheese...gonna toast a bagel tonight when my child goes to sleep, and load it up with fish! We have some good deli's in my neighborhood.

i used to work with someone that used to go out on the shores at low tide and catch octopus and put them on a fire. only thing is, they would bite the eyes off the octopus so it would let go of their arm. sorry, its true, had to hear it first hand myself.

I remember my brother used to eat mustard on his french fries. I don't know if he still does or not.

I love mustard on my fries. I love mustard on just about anything.

Just about...

I like eating raw potatoes. Whenever I peel potatoes I have to cut off a slice to snack on. But that's not really a strange "mix".

Me too! :D

Although I don't think it's that good for our insides Bonnie.

I LOVE to have cheese with a slice of fruit cake. Hubby says I'm odd for liking it... I tell him it's him who is odd for not liking it!

My mum puts butter on Weetabix... I'm not into that :blink:

Archived