What's the best 1977 audience recording (other than Millard's)?

Sick Again

Freezer's Baton Rouge tape.

That's not funny...don't even JOKE about it. I'm the guy over at TTD who tipped the taper off that if released to the public that show would be bootlegged by the TCOLZ people. All because some yahoo had to blab to every Zeppelin site in the world that the show was coming out. I've done my best to make that SOB pay for it too, damn it.

That's not funny...don't even JOKE about it. I'm the guy over at TTD who tipped the taper off that if released to the public that show would be bootlegged by the TCOLZ people. All because some yahoo had to blab to every Zeppelin site in the world that the show was coming out. I've done my best to make that SOB pay for it too, damn it.

I know all about Jesusmurphy. He blabbed about it here, there, everywhere months ago, and then he pm'd my cousin asking him not to tell anyone they heard about it from him.

There are a lot more good audience than good soundboard IMO. Most of the soundboards don't have the energy of good audience recordings.

For the most part I will have to agree with you. A lot of SBs can't capture the atmosphere as a good aud. recording will.

Cleveland is a great example. The 27th is a terrible sounding show and it's SB the next night sounds so much better and it's an audience recording.

Agreed. The SB recording not only isn't that great of a performance but sounds sort of stale and flat with a lack of atmosphere. You can barely hear the crowd. It also plays a bit slow too. :)

Definitely Destroy the second night 4/28. the drums sound better than listen to this eddie. being a drummer i feel like the sound quality of the drums on LTTE are flat and too weak to represent the huge stainless steel kit bonham used. The audience recording of 4/28 i think is a more accurate portrayal of bonham's huge booming sound. not to mention the other instruments sound great too.

For the most part I will have to agree with you. A lot of SBs can't capture the atmosphere as a good aud. recording will.

I have a remastered SB set from 5-28-77. Very warm, vibey and atmospheric. But that's a rarity, I admit. No Quarter is priceless.

So what's the real deal with this Baton Rouge '77 show that Freezer recorded? I thought I read

a post by Freezer over at the * forum that he was sending a copy to someone called

"U2Lynne", who apparantly isn't even a Zeppelin fan. Has U2lynne not shared this show with anyone?

I'm in the dark about the Jess Murphy situation, but all I know is that the '75 Baton Rouge

recording I have by Freezer sounds awesome (as well as my '75 Baton Rouge WHO recording which I

suspect was also recorded by Freezer) and if the '77 Zep recording is of this same quality, it really

needs to reach the fans. Who are the TCOLZ people?

So what's the real deal with this Baton Rouge '77 show that Freezer recorded? I thought I read

a post by Freezer over at the * forum that he was sending a copy to someone called

"U2Lynne", who apparantly isn't even a Zeppelin fan. Has U2lynne not shared this show with anyone?

I'm in the dark about the Jess Murphy situation, but all I know is that the '75 Baton Rouge

recording I have by Freezer sounds awesome (as well as my '75 Baton Rouge WHO recording which I

suspect was also recorded by Freezer) and if the '77 Zep recording is of this same quality, it really

needs to reach the fans. Who are the TCOLZ people?

TCOLZ= "The Chronicles Of Led Zeppelin", a new boot label that apparently just rips shows off the internet. They actually admitted in a press release (found on another site) that they were waiting for the '77 Baton Rouge show to appear so they could download it, and thereby get the first release. I saw this announcement, and tipped off Freezer (and others) about it in a massive thread over at the original forum that was understandably locked, eventually. (chuckling) A nice return to the music trading scene for me after being in Europe for a year and a half...I don't consider myself a serious, diehard collector by any means, but it's a hobby.

From what I can gather, this Jesus Murphy yahoo saw the same announcement you did and went all over the net blabbing about the show coming out. Ooops. Somehow TCOLZ found out about it, made their announcement...and from there common sense prevailed and the show was not uploaded. Who made this decision, I don't know, but I'm guessing that with all the hullabaloo that surrounds Freezer's other Zeppelin recordings (check that massive "Freezer's Revenge" thread over at * forum to see a REAL folly involving Zeppelin collectors) they decided the show was not worth all the inevitable fuss and bother. Lynne is the head moderator at that site, by the way. Besides, why make it easier for the bootleggers?

And it's all too bad, really -loose lips sink ships and all that- because even if the Baton Rouge '77 performance is shite, at least the recording would be damn good. Hell, my first boot ever, nearly thirty years ago now, was Freezer's 1975 Rolling Stones Baton Rouge show...he never disappoints!

TCOLZ= "The Chronicles Of Led Zeppelin", a new boot label that apparently just rips shows off the internet. They actually admitted in a press release (found on another site) that they were waiting for the '77 Baton Rouge show to appear so they could download it, and thereby get the first release. I saw this announcement, and tipped off Freezer (and others) about it in a massive thread over at the original forum that was understandably locked, eventually. (chuckling) A nice return to the music trading scene for me after being in Europe for a year and a half...I don't consider myself a serious, diehard collector by any means, but it's a hobby.

From what I can gather, this Jesus Murphy yahoo saw the same announcement you did and went all over the net blabbing about the show coming out. Ooops. Somehow TCOLZ found out about it, made their announcement...and from there common sense prevailed and the show was not uploaded. Who made this decision, I don't know, but I'm guessing that with all the hullabaloo that surrounds Freezer's other Zeppelin recordings (check that massive "Freezer's Revenge" thread over at * forum to see a REAL folly involving Zeppelin collectors) they decided the show was not worth all the inevitable fuss and bother. Lynne is the head moderator at that site, by the way. Besides, why make it easier for the bootleggers?

And it's all too bad, really -loose lips sink ships and all that- because even if the Baton Rouge '77 performance is shite, at least the recording would be damn good. Hell, my first boot ever, nearly thirty years ago now, was Freezer's 1975 Rolling Stones Baton Rouge show...he never disappoints!

From where you've got that opinion that TCOLZ is donwloading tapes from the Net?

From where you've got that opinion that TCOLZ is donwloading tapes from the Net?

Shall I provide a link to the RO thread that got you evicted from the Hotel, Argenteum Astrum???? Fortunately for you they don't allow that kind of thing here. I am not going to debate this with you on a SECOND Zeppelin forum. Not only am I and quite a few others convinced that YOU are TCOLZ's #1 shill and probable supplier, I am also now leaning heavily toward the theory that YOU were the one who leaked the Baton Rouge '77 info in the first place. Not that there's any proof, of course... but, if so, thank you very much for blowing the chance we'll ever get to hear that one!

Go ahead and play dumb and innocent all you like, Argenteum Astrum...but after a while everything becomes obvious. You've been over the top praising the virtues of this goddamned TCOLZ label all over the internet...I hope they pay well.

Shall I provide a link to the RO thread that got you evicted from the Hotel, Argenteum Astrum???? Fortunately for you they don't allow that kind of thing here. I am not going to debate this with you on a SECOND Zeppelin forum. Not only am I and quite a few others convinced that YOU are TCOLZ's #1 shill and probable supplier, I am also now leaning heavily toward the theory that YOU were the one who leaked the Baton Rouge '77 info in the first place. Not that there's any proof, of course... but, if so, thank you very much for blowing the chance we'll ever get to hear that one!

Go ahead and play dumb and innocent all you like, Argenteum Astrum...but after a while everything becomes obvious. You've been over the top praising the virtues of this goddamned TCOLZ label all over the internet...I hope they pay well.

Fuck! that's the show I attended, would like to have that as a souvenir <_<

Fuck! that's the show I attended, would like to have that as a souvenir <_<

Yeah, it is too bad, but whaddya gonna do, right?

Great avatar, BTW...Denis Leary fucking rocks! The return of "Rescue Me" can't come soon enough...

No, you don;t have to.

But just try to think a bit if I am the author of that announcement, what was the point to wrote something that caused of blowing the chance of producing this and get money?

The reason I promoted TCOLZ was I had my personal feelings about what EV and Tara do and it's not your business!

Oh yes, I just forgot to tell you I am the one who killed Kennedy and now I am running TCOLZ as my hobby while retiring from CIA.

What an a******e you are!

After hearing the soundboard to the May 28th show in Landover it sounds like it was the concert the Russian diplomats attended. Listen to how beautiful and expressive JPJ's piano solo is during No Quarter. This show overall is more composed and restrained. It sounds like they were out to impress someone.

No Quarter is absolutely a masterpiece on that show. Jimmy and JPJ's interplay on the middle jam is just gorgeous. I agree, the whole show was quite excellent. One of the better ones that year.

Archived