The 81st Academy Awards

THE FIRST LEDZEP

MILK will win.

Best movie ever.

Sean Penn will win too.

Best actor ever.

Im sorry, do other people beside homosexuals and Hugo Chavez vote?

I heard "DrumLine" is on TBS on sunday night. Since hanging myself is no longer viable due to the "crisis" Pres. Obama keeps referring too. I maybe stomping in no time.

Bang Bang Bang Skeet Skeet Skeet!

Edited by Pb Derigable

Eastwood so deserved to get nominated for best actor for Gran Torino. He carried that movie, and did a really good job with it too. He could've also easily got a nod for Best Director for it, or even Changeling. There were a lot of good movies this year, so a lot of worthy ones are going to/got get snubbed.

The only movie I saw out of all the nominations is the "Dark Knight". I am pulling for Heath to win best supporting actor( I think he is going to get it), Kate Winslet for best actress, I just think she is amazing and either Mickey Rourke or Sean Penn for best actor. They are always good, IMO.

So, what do you think :huh:

....Slumdog.....

The Theme of the movie is "most relevant" to current generation at large...to find love over $$$...

a bit of background...

I was raised on this classic 60's-70's "Theme" in Indian Cinema, Danny Boyle has watched many such movies from Indian cinema before making SDM):

...two long lost people, one is rich other is poor, the rich never forgets where he came from....the sign of innocent times....

also, I think the music and "Lyrics" will also go to SDM.. (like most Indians, I like AR Rehman's music in other Indian films, not SLM...this is not a music for the masses in India...he has very talented and incredible competition at home....

(As for lyrics...Gulzar should win...He is not just a lyricist, but an poet of epic proportions...but I really don't know how the Academy looks at this deal) :D

I enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire, but how often does the academy recognize indie films? On the basis of quality it should have a good chance, but so much depends on whether they liked it or not.

Sadly that is true but I hope we are both wrong and it does get the recognition. So hard to say what goes behind their decisions.

Hi Pb,all,

Wow. What a Movie.

Didn't see Gran Torino yet, but I have to believe it can't beat slumdog.

MILK is gay/sucks/blows/retarded/stupid.

Unfortunately,GT didn't get a nod,......great movie,....

Slumdog,.....should/better win.

Mickey,best actor.Can't stand Penn,great actor,even in real life! :P

Heath,.....dang right!

Kate?Great actress.Rent/watch 'Heavenly Creatures'

Watched 'The Reader',one could almost sympathize with a Nazi guard,sleeping with a 15 year old,.... <_<

KB

I suppose I'll just go and watch it. Don't have much interest in any of the movies this year. Now the Grammys on the other hand...well...

I have a passing interest in the winners and I'm checking updates on that link I posted, but I have other research and computer projects I'm doing. I couldn't care less about the glamour and presentation though. Now the Grammys on the other hand...well... Ditto! To a point anyway.