Jimmy announcement fri april 12 th

poortom

I thought his facebook paghe was run by a fan,can you give me the link

On facebook today with a picture of gallows pole, announcement this Friday on his website apparently.

The likelihood is pretty high right now.

Interviewer: "What’s next? Is there going to be a new record?"

Page: "Yes, there is. My main intention this year is to get up to speed. The way to look at it is that I took a year out. I had some things to sort out and that's done and now it's time to get back on a serious roll this year. And hopefully, there will be some new music. What I need to be doing is trying to make a new musical statement. I had some great fun playing with the Black Crowes, but we were doing a lot of Zeppelin material on that tour. Then I was busy doing the DVD and the How the West Was Won live album. That was great fun as well. But now it's time to do something that makes people say, "I didn't think you'd do that, but I can see why you've done it." We'll see what we come up with. I'm not retired yet, if that's what you're asking".

Interviewer: One suggestion I read last year was that you might make a collaborative live album with different singers and songwriters, as Carlos Santana has done recently.

Page: "That's not what I've got in mind at the moment, although other people did make some overtures of that kind. There are so many avenues I could take at this point. Or maybe they're footpaths. It's just a question of which one to commit to, because when you get involved in a project, it's a time-consuming thing. Let's put it this way: I've got a line drawing. I just haven't filled the colour in yet."

---------

Here's your dose of reality: the quotes I posted above were made MORE THAN EIGHT YEARS AGO (February 2005).

Page: "Yes, there is. My main intention this year is to get up to speed. The way to look at it is that I took a year out. I had some things to sort out and that's done and now it's time to get back on a serious roll this year. And hopefully, there will be some new music. What I need to be doing is trying to make a new musical statement. I had some great fun playing with the Black Crowes, but we were doing a lot of Zeppelin material on that tour. Then I was busy doing the DVD and the How the West Was Won live album. That was great fun as well. But now it's time to do something that makes people say, "I didn't think you'd do that, but I can see why you've done it." We'll see what we come up with. I'm not retired yet, if that's what you're asking".

Interviewer: One suggestion I read last year was that you might make a collaborative live album with different singers and songwriters, as Carlos Santana has done recently.

Page: "That's not what I've got in mind at the moment, although other people did make some overtures of that kind. There are so many avenues I could take at this point. Or maybe they're footpaths. It's just a question of which one to commit to, because when you get involved in a project, it's a time-consuming thing. Let's put it this way: I've got a line drawing. I just haven't filled the colour in yet."

---------

Here's your dose of reality: the quotes I posted above were made MORE THAN EIGHT YEARS AGO (February 2005).

That's funny! Thanks for sharing it! A much needed "dose of reality" perspective on the Jimmy Page project train..."train keeps a rollin" indeed.

---------

Jimmy is notorious for making false statements regarding the new material but I think he's not playing with us this last time.

Ok, I've had a look at this. I know people will think this is over-thinking and over-analysing. It is, I'm aware of that. Hear me out.

We can take a look at the images uploaded to the official Jimmy Page Facebook Page for an indicator of how important this is.

Before today, there were 5 images uploaded by the page.

2 were uploaded as profile pictures.

The other 3 all related to announcements.

It's a small sample, but 100% of the time that the official Jimmy Page Facebook Page has posted an image on its timeline, it has been related to an announcement.

Let's also look at the wording of the post:

Just to let all Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin Official fans know that there will be a new posting on jimmypage.com on Friday,April 12.

What's significant here? First off, they've tagged the official Led Zeppelin page, perhaps knowing that what is to come will be relevant to Led Zeppelin fans.

Also, the wording is very different to what we've previously seen. Before, On This Day posts have been referred to as 'entries' or 'OTDs'. Now we have the ambiguous 'new posting'.

Also, the URL is in the post. When the page has announced new On This Day entries before, no URL was given.

Now to the image. It's a low resolution version of a Creative Commons photograph. The photograph is of an early-twentieth century recreation of Caxton Gibbet. It's a famous gallows pole near London. It's tenuous, but Caxton Hall is a famous location relating to Aleister Crowley. The idea of a gibbet also appears in many of his lesser-known works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caxton_Gibbet

Cookie, good job at analyzing the post. I think there are 3 possibilites:

1. Studio album and/or tour - most probable since the teaser was posted by Jimmy's page, not the band's.

2. Led Zeppelin box sets - quite probable, but for some reasons I don't think this particular post pertains to the box sets.

3. Yet another useless photo book or something along those lines.

Cookie,

Ultimately, we are just going to have to wait and see, but I for one appreciate the amount of thought and detail that you have put into your post. It's nice to get this kind of analysis from someone who is employed in the media.

I am wondering if it could be related to a release date for the new box sets? On the other hand, it might just be a new 'OTD' feature.

As for it going to be a new post, Peter Makowski is supposed to be doing the work for the OTD feature. PM and Halfin went away to the Far East at the beginning of the week. They have taken Brian Wheat with them. There is also someone who RH is referring to as 'The Master'. Now, I don't know if that means JPP because RH sometimes refers to him as 'The Dark Lord'. Therefore, the new post must be something Makowski finalised before going away.

Ok, I've had a look at this. I know people will think this is over-thinking and over-analysing. It is, I'm aware of that. Hear me out.

We can take a look at the images uploaded to the official Jimmy Page Facebook Page for an indicator of how important this is.

Before today, there were 5 images uploaded by the page.

2 were uploaded as profile pictures.

The other 3 all related to announcements.

It's a small sample, but 100% of the time that the official Jimmy Page Facebook Page has posted an image on its timeline, it has been related to an announcement.

Let's also look at the wording of the post:

What's significant here? First off, they've tagged the official Led Zeppelin page, perhaps knowing that what is to come will be relevant to Led Zeppelin fans.

Also, the wording is very different to what we've previously seen. Before, On This Day posts have been referred to as 'entries' or 'OTDs'. Now we have the ambiguous 'new posting'.

Also, the URL is in the post. When the page has announced new On This Day entries before, no URL was given.

Now to the image. It's a low resolution version of a Creative Commons photograph. The photograph is of an early-twentieth century recreation of Caxton Gibbet. It's a famous gallows pole near London. It's tenuous, but Caxton Hall is a famous location relating to Aleister Crowley. The idea of a gibbet also appears in many of his lesser-known works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caxton_Gibbet

You're welcome :)Most celebrity pages are run by managers.

I do marketing for a music agency and we have a team of people who run the social media profiles for artists. I'm guessing this is either carried out in accordance with the firm that developed the site, or it's an employee who works for Led Zeppelin's management.

I do marketing for a music agency and we have a team of people who run the social media profiles for artists. I'm guessing this is either carried out in accordance with the firm that developed the site, or it's an employee who works for Led Zeppelin's management.

Yeah, you're right. The point I'm trying to make is that official pages are run neither by fans nor by celebrities themselves (although some celebrities frequently access their pages and post photos).

It would be neat if they ever answered on their own pages

Slightly ominous, innit? It's an intriguing image, that's for sure. Dear Jimmy, he's always a mystery.

Cookie, do you enjoy your job? My brother was handling the social media for Lana del Ray for awhile. I love him, but he's always had crap taste in music.

Yeah, you're right. The point I'm trying to make is that official pages are run neither by fans nor by celebrities themselves (although some celebrities frequently access their pages and post photos).

Slash runs his own facebook and twitter, makes the posts himself. A lot of others as well, but that doesn't really matter all that much.

Hopefully this announcement will be worthwhile, but I'm not gonna hype it up too much...

Wait a minute! :redcard:

Am I reading tthe post wrong?

All I see is ....

-----------

Just to let all Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin Official fans know that there will be A NEW POSTING on jimmypage.com on Friday,April 12.

------------------

I don't see the word announcement anywhere!!!

I mean, I hate to be a Debbie Downer ....

but I am reading this as there will be a brand new OTD on April 12th.

??? :huh:

Archived