Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ohjimmy

New EV DVD collection

12 posts in this topic

Fisheads has this new DVD title from EV......"History Lessons".  I've picked up "Assamblage I + ll" and "The Film Archive" in the past and they are both great. Most of the footage can be found on YouTube but it'd be nice to have everything in one place.

Over 17 hrs of footage? Would be nice to get a list of what's on this but can't find any info.

- History Lesson (Various) 6 Dual Layer DVDs + 1 Single Layer DVD  - Ltd Ed Deluxe Box Set with Obi and large insert listing all sources. This set features 17+ Hours of Content!! Each DVD set is housed in special paper cases and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box. Empress Valley Label   $115 + Ship -

Seems like sources taken off YouTube and other dvd bootlegs.

C85Ta5MVYAEo2zf.jpg

C85Tc-wUMAAG8r6.jpg

C85TeqaUwAATI_m.jpg

Thanks for posting this. 

45 minutes ago, ohjimmy said:

Fisheads has this new DVD title from EV......"History Lessons".  I've picked up "Assamblage I + ll" and "The Film Archive" in the past and they are both great. Most of the footage can be found on YouTube but it'd be nice to have everything in one place.

Over 17 hrs of footage? Would be nice to get a list of what's on this but can't find any info.

- History Lesson (Various) 6 Dual Layer DVDs + 1 Single Layer DVD  - Ltd Ed Deluxe Box Set with Obi and large insert listing all sources. This set features 17+ Hours of Content!! Each DVD set is housed in special paper cases and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box. Empress Valley Label   $115 + Ship -

$115 ? Madness, what a rip off...Especially when everything is available for free via Torrent sites... or the low quality option via YouTube.....Why pay when there is no need...Madness I say, Madness...Most of it is shite anyway.......Assemblage is utter crap...

Everything that's available is already out. 

And will be until something insane comes out of it's hiding place, which it will eventually. 

It always does...

19 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

And will be until something insane comes out of it's hiding place, which it will eventually. 

It always does...

Page has already stated that there ain't nothing left. If there was it would have been included on the DVD years ago.Though it wouldn't surprise me that he re masters that DVD just to extract an extra nickle out of the legacy

19 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

It always does...

Like the rumoured but never verified bootleg of the Denver 1968 show.

Or the film of the Central Park  gig in 1969 that some dude reckoned he had which never surfaced. I wonder what happened to that? Last i heard he was syncing the audio and that was years ago

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Page has already stated that there ain't nothing left. If there was it would have been included on the DVD years ago.Though it wouldn't surprise me that he re masters that DVD just to extract an extra nickle out of the legacy

To think of it now, there's no way he doesn't have his own treasure trove of Zeppelin we don't know of. He used to record loads of shows on his own to show the band and improve on their performance.

Had his own video camera too, the chance of him not having his own stuff is slim

Man, thats a lot of gigabytes to be downloading. No thanks. Thank god for youtube.

Im interested to see of the Seattle 77 bit is the Stairway thru Rock and Roll clip. If it is I pray it has lossless audio as Im pretty sure only lossy audio exists of that clip. Also just because it's on YouTube doesnt mean jackshit. YouTube compresses everything to the point where even HD looks bad. I'd be happy to see the Landover and Greensboro 77 clips in better quality, assuming they arent YouTube rips.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, JTM said:

Most of it is shite anyway...

There's the bottom line, right there - and it's true an' all!